Christmas Day

Before the Leaves Run Dry | 잎은 전에 건조된다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I wonder what happened to them now.” Taeyeon asked and sipped her coffee. They both went to a hotel nearby after acting sick and rushed to the hospital. They’re at the hotel café for breakfast. Heechul, who’s opposite her, sipped his coffee too. “I’m sure they emptied the tank and left stranded in the middle of the road last night.”

Taeyeon laughed. “Of course they would be.” and then paused from her previous words. “Wh-what? They got stranded?”

Heechul furrowed, “Aish, you acted like we’re lost last night just to waste the fuel. You planned that, right?”

Taeyeon gave him a confused look, a look that she denies of doing that. She never planned of that. “I never thought of that. I really forgot the direction that’s why we almost got lost last night. Aigoo, it seems like fate is up to something better than my thinking. ” she smirked.

--

The sun rays refracts at the glass window through Eunji’s face. Her twitching lashes brought Kyungsoo to reality. He was blankly watching her asleep. The car has remained stranded in the same area where it stopped last night and Eunji has no idea of that.

She woke up and stretched for a while after realizing she slept inside the car and looked out at the window. Oh, they’re still travelling and stopped by there. That’s what she thought. But then she realized Gwangmyeong was just an hour away from Seoul.

Kyungsoo looked at the rearview mirror and saw the confused morning face of Eunji. “We ran out of fuel last night. I tried to call everyone on my contact list but no one ever dared to answer. So I decided to let it slip through last night and ask for help at dawn. Don’t worry, help’s on their way.” He said.

“I should call Chanyeol now…” Just before she opens her phone, they heard someone shouting outside the car.

They heard it clear; it’s calling for her name. “Eunji-ah!! Eunji-ah!” Kyungsoo got off of the car first and then Eunji followed. They saw Chanyeol came out of the truck window waving for Eunji, of course, to save her. Kyungsoo called Mr. Park along for help by the time he woke up at five in the morning but he never thought Chanyeol would come along with the truck. Of course, for no other reasons, he’s Mr. Park’s son after all, and all he cares about is Eunji being there. Maybe, Mr. Park told him about this and he insisted to take charge on the carrying of the car.

Chanyeol came out of the truck and quickly pulled Eunji for an embrace. “I was worried. You didn’t even call me. Are you fine now? Did you sleep? It was very cold last night…” He blurted all out, caressing Eunji’s cheeks. Kyungsoo almost vomit from this cheeziness the two did, especially Chanyeol’s overcaring manner. Eunji nodded in answer for all consecutive interrogations of the very worried Chanyeol.

The car was carried by the truck and all of them boarded on the car Mr. Park used. Kyungsoo could notice Mr. Park smiling from time to time looking over the rearview mirror; watching his son and its girlfriend. “They look good, huh?” Mr. Park whispered. Kyungsoo faked a smile. “Chanyeol woke me up early just to ask if you got home because Eunji’s not calling him. He was so worried. So, when I woke up and saw your missed calls; I thought, Sir Kyungsoo must be in trouble.” He chuckled and focused on driving.

Mr. Park brought them into a noodle house; it’s already almost eight in the morning. For the sake of breakfast, they ordered four bowls of ramen. The table was set into two pairs of chair opposite another pair.

--

Kyungsoo reached home and as he opens the door, he saw Taeyeon lying on the couch watching her favorite Pokemon, and she’s even laughing all by herself. Kyungsoo sighed and went straightly to the electric fuse and everything that runs into electicity turned off, including Taeyeon’s past time---- the television. “YAHHH!” Taeyeon yelled and saw Kyungsoo standing there, with an unrecognizable face. Kyungsoo’s eyebags went darker and bigger. He looked like he didn’t have a chance to sleep during the whole night with Eunji. “Kyungsoo-yah… What’s with those dark circles?” she chuckled.

“You’re even asking? Oh, I must have to tell you. I’m so so sorry to interrupt your Pokemon, but I’ve got these circles because of your acting sick and emptying the fuel in order for us not to get home and get stranded in the middle of the very cold night.” He rolled his eyes and stormed out in front of her.

Taeyeon got no words to say. He has said it all, he knew what she planned but the emptied fuel is noy a part of it. “H-how did he? Hmm.. Kyungsoo-yah! Kyungsoo-yah? Will you turn on the fuse for me? You know I’m scared of that, you know that, right?” She called when Kyungsoo’s already in his room. She thought Kyungsoo would do it for her but he never went out of his room again.

Kyungsoo has been watching for Eunji the whole night and didn’t dare to sleep or take the shortest second of nap. He stayed up all night protecting and looking over Eunji.

--

Eunji finally came back with Chanyeol. Seohyun has been worrying all night that Eunji didn’t come home. Eunji threw herself on bed and heaved a big big sigh. She longed for her bed. She stretched out and closed her eyes. Seohyun sat beside her on bed. “Will you tell me what happened?”

“There’s nothing to tell you. I know nothing. I just slept in the back seat of the car and woke up at the same place. I should’ve gone home last night if it wasn’t because the fuel got empty. We hurried Taeyeon to the hospital first and then the rest happened. It was cold but when I fell asleep, I felt very warm.” Eunji said.

“Omoo, then Kyungsoo must have wrapped you up with his body last night. You know, just like the movies. He embraced you just to warm you not even thinking he was already feeling cold.” She fantasized again, with her eyes glimmering like she has felt that before.

“Nope. When I woke up, the aircondition’s turned off.”

--

The placid existence of silence disturbed nothing but the minimest motion of fingers tapping on the table by Lay and the whistling of Chen while walking around the room. He noticed Baekhyun with all silence in the corner thinking he’s in a serious matter of evaluating things on his mind. Baekhyun would pout, and whatever figures his lips could make. Chen approached him and tried to help if there’s a needed one. “Baekhyun must be very sad that Kris’ hyung isn’t with us.”

Suho looked at Chen and sighed, realizing that that thought is actually having a big impact on the b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter