The Ball

Before the Leaves Run Dry | 잎은 전에 건조된다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leaning your back at a thin layer of cushion covered with leather at the 4th row passenger’s seat, you traveled all alone to the orphanage to visit and help your Ms. Cho. You keep reminding yourself how and what if Chanyeol came with you; maybe you can watch the sunset together while walking on ground filled with snow ever since the start of winter. You told Kyungsoo that you have to go there today but instead, his sister was the one who let you go.

You went down from the bus at the 2nd bus stop before your destination—the orphanage. You just missed walking there, so you decided to walk up to the orphanage.

It’s colder than the way you felt when you were in the city. The rural feeling kept dragging you to stay there for a longer time or maybe to just stay there forever ‘because you think it’s best to live there. You finally reached the orphanage’s entrance and pressed the doorbell at the right part near under the mailbox.

Having your excitement of seeing Ms. Cho, your mom, from the past month you’ve struggled not visiting her because of the stage play, a wide grin came out and opened the gate for you after calling your mom as you pressed the doorbell. It wasn’t Ms. Cho. Flabbergasted with what you’ve seen in front of you, you hit his arm with your clenched fist. “Yah! You said you can’t go and now you’re here earlier than me!” You whined making him just laugh at you. Chanyeol thought this would be a good surprise for you. He wanted to hear your mom’s approval of your “dating status”. You told this about Ms. Cho right after Chanyeol confessed to you but you never told about this to Chanyeol.

“Your mom missed you a lot. She told me about a lot of things.” He said dragging you inside by your shoulders.

Ms. Cho dried her hand with the towel attached at the fridge after cleaning the sink. You ran into her and hugged her as what you always do. “Eomma, asking me to bring Chanyeol was a part of this plan, huh?”

“Aigoo, Eunji-ah… You’re way too easy to fool; I don’t what will happen to you if Chanyeol has been playing you all this time.” She joked and looked at Chanyeol.

“Are you thinking of playing, Chanyeol? Huh?” You jokingly glared at Chanyeol. “Of course not, if I am, then I think I’m not here asking for your mom’s permission.” You felt butterflies for his sincerity.

It’s only 6 am and the kids are still in their own dreamlands. It’s a 2 hour trip from Seoul, so you travelled around 4 am leaving the very sleepy Seohyun alone at your apartment. Chanyeol might have been here since yesterday, and yes, he confessed that he traveled there yesterday after walking you home.

--

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo, who has nothing to do this weekend, regrets agreeing with Taeyeon of letting you go.

“Kyungsoo-yah, let’s go shop fot this coming Halloween. I want to wear a costume on that day and show it to Heechul oppa~” Taeyeon said leaning at the kitchen counter and sipped her cup of tea. Kyungsoo hissed. “Costume? Then, tell me. You’re going to be his Cat Woman on Halloween? Or maybe his Tinkerbell.”

“How did you know about that?” She was already thinking of wearing those costumes until Kyungsoo said it.

He just laughed and went upstairs. “I got to wash up now and go with you buy those silly costumes you want.”

--

Kyungsoo could tell that they have gone through all clothings apparel stores inside the shopping mall. Everytime Taeyeon sees a dress or anything that catches her interests. They would go inside that takes them almost 30 minutes at that particular store without purchasing anything although there’s this one store where she bought a dress which is not actually her size.

Some stores inside are already decorated with Halloween displays. Taeyeon dragged Kyungsoo inside the Halloween themed ‘For All Seasons’ store where all products are specially made for Halloween season. Finding this one simple black hat along with the monster-like hats, witch hats and other creepy charactered-looking hats, she wears it taking a selca on her phone. Kyungsoo was looking over the masks section and found this one creepy green monster mask and headed over Taeyeon to scare her. He then covers it to his face, making Taeyeon startled almost dropping her phone while taking a selca.

“Woah, my brother suits that mask well, huh? Fine, let’s take a picture.” She straightens her arm to get a picture perfect of them wearing those.

 

--

The sky started to fall into a darker view as the sun sets down for the moon to enter. Chanyeol is at the kitchen cooking a recipe he learned from his mom. You and Ms. Cho are both sitting at the living room. “Are you sure about giving Chanyeol an important space inside that heart?” Ms. Cho asks pointing her forefinger to your chest. “He’s eagerly putting so much effort. I told him, we can give it a try.   What do you think eomma? Should I?

She caressed your shoulder with a motherly touch. “You know, I like him ever since you brought them here the first time? Boys like him are too hard to find nowadays, you’re lucky to meet him. Some goes so fast without saying any word and I think it’s out of his vocabulary. At the end of the day, it’s up to you. Did you know what made me like him more? He is himself.”

“I felt bad for being so clueless of his feelings before, eomma. I appreciate every part of his efforts and it makes me like him more.”

“Ms. Cho, dinner is rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter