03 In Which We Learn There Are Things We Can't Fix

Your Apology Is...

03 In Which We Learn There Are Things We Can't Fix.

Pairing: Hunhan

Genre: Angst

 

Foreword: Sehun grew up watching his daddies trying to break each other's heart. He soon forget what is love. Luhan is the heir of the biggest company in China. Luhan believes that you need love to live. When two complete opposites meet, they're attracted to each other. Long story short, they become an item. But, the world Luhan live in before he met Sehun, still can't accept the same relationship. The company's reputation is in danger. Which one would he choose? The love he believe in or the reputation he had lived in for 24 years of his life?

 

Story:

 

Luhan stares at the dark sky. Feeling lost, feeling empty like a trash can; you can hear the emptiness just by looking at it. 'Hmph.' He snorted and smirked at the metaphore. 'How absurd but true.' He looked again at the sky. It's grey. Just like this feeling in his heart. Grey like a metal. Grey like an unfinished sword. Grey like the song he likes. Grey like his own heart. Thus, a tear drops. He just don't know what to do.

 

'Oh Sehun, I'm sorry.'

 

*****

 

Sehun sits by the window in his apartment. Looking at the grey sky. Waiting for the clouds to drop it's tears so he don't have to cry. Rain drops a few minutes later as if it knew Sehun requested for him. With a last long look at the sky, he cuddle himself with a blanket and go to sleep. It feels like the sleep is going to be a long one.

 

****

 

Knock! Knock! Sehun startled at the sudden knock but kept his calm as he stride his way to the door. He opened the door and found a mail guy with a small package. "A package for Mr. Oh Sehun." said the mailman handing over the package to Sehun and a form to be signed. "From who?" Sehun asked with his eyebrows knitted.

"From Mr. Luhan."

"Luhan??"

"Yes sir."

"Thank you." Sehun hand back the signed form to the mailman and closed the door without any further delay. If it's from Luhan, it must be important. Plus, it's an express delivery. Nothing more important than his deer-eyed boyfriend. Sehun quickly went to his room and hopped onto his bed. He looks for a pair of scissors on the table next to his bed. Found it exactly ten seconds later, he tear the package carefully. A bottle and a pendant was found along a small card. Sehun read it.

 

'He really want to do this, huh?'

 

****

 

A beep sound was heard. Luhan reads the text.

 

From: Sehunnie I've got the package.

To: Sehunnie I love you. I'm sorry. This is the only way.

From: Sehunnie I've done it. I'll wait for you.

 

Luhan panicked. He called Sehun but no answer. 'He really do it.' Luhan cried for the tenth time of the day. 'He really loves me.'

 

****

 

Ten minutes passed. Luhan called the cops, informed them about Sehun. He then drank the same liquid he sent to Sehun and swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills to quicken the process. 'I'll see you, Sehun. I'll meet you and we'll love again. I love you.' Soon, his breath has no longer been heard.

 

****

 

A dead body was found in Sehun's apartment, cuddled with a thick blanket on the only bed to be exact, with a pendant in his grip and a suicide letter on the table next to the bed. He looks calm, too calm that it seems like he found his peace in the deep sleep. 'Luhan love Sehun forever' was engraved on the pendant.

 

****

 

Another dead body was found in Luhan's bed. His face looks like he had cried because of heartbreak for days. A pendant was found around his neck with 'Sehun love Luhan forever' engraved on it. A short note was found on his bed.

 

'No, it's my turn to cry.

I'll cry now.

I'll take all of your tears.

It's my turn to cry

Give them to me.

Even those tears, this time.' 

 

****

 

Outside of Sehun's apartment that is now surrounded by a no-crossing tape, a wailing Tao who's blaming himself for Sehun's death, a sad-faced Kris who's trying to calm Tao, a crying Baekhyun in Chanyeol's chest, obviously sad because of the sudden loss, a calm Chanyeol who's patting Baekhyun's back, a certain Kai who's regretting his insensitiveness towards his dance student, a curious with a remorseful face old man Kyungsoo who's keep asking the details of the tragedy from the cops and a mourning couple Xiumin and Chen who blamed themselves for not being there when their little Sehun was facing a hardship. But, sorry couldn't bring back the dead. The cold harsh reality everyone have to accept. The atmosphere is nothing but grey.

 

****

 

In the hospital, there's a couple trying to deny the death of their dear deer-looking son as a suicide. Wailings and shoutings with some profanities and pleading to bring their son back to life were heard outside the post-mortem room. The doctor shook his head. Even in fairytales, there's a magic not even the wicked witch could do. An impossible magic so cruel to those longing; bringing back the dead to life. The answer would still be a no, not even if you offered the world. People who walked by watch the scene with a grey feeling tingling in their chests.

 

****

 

Sooner or later, you will lose the one you love and sooner or later, you will learn how to accept the fact you won't be seeing them again. All that left is memories. Don't let the memory be a painful one. It will be a regret you can't undone.

 

****

 

"Uncle Tao, Uncle Kris, Uncle Baekhyun, Uncle Chanyeol, Mr. Kai, Granpa Soo, Uncle Min and Uncle Chen. I'm sorry. I know with my whole heart, that all of you love me. I know. I know you all look at me like I'm your son. Like I really am your biological son. I know. But I never thought of any of you as my parents. Not after Suho appa and Lay appa. I love you guys but not like a father- son love. I know it and I know you know it. Love was no more lingering in my heart. There's no warmth. After that accident that took their lives fifteen years ago, I forget what is love. Not until I met Luhan. He loves me the way I love him. I found love, uncle. Great news, isn't it? But why, uncle? Why it must be a forbidden one? Why must it hurt us? Why it has to stop? Why my love has to stop loving me for it to stop hurting the both of us? Why is it being mean to me? To Luhan? I won't be asking for an answer because I won't be there to hear it. Why? We decided to love somewhere else. Me and Luhan. We will love each other peacefully. In our deep sleep forever.

-Oh Sehun-"

 

Tears rolling down their cheeks as Kris read Sehun's last words at the ceremony. Ironically, those warm liquids left a grey feeling in their chests. An emptiness they couldn't fill. A longing they couldn't express. A relief they couldn't understand. A new beginning they couldn't forget. Not too dark like a black. Not too bright like a white. It's hanging in the middle, in it's own way. That is grey.

 

****

 

Luhan's POV

 

The morning sun hit his face beautifully. A calm face in a calm morning, hit by a calm orange light. I could hear the calmness. The birds are not too loud. A light breeze hits my face. Ahh... A feeling I couldn't put into words. But, where am I? I look at the face I love for an answer. A milky skin, perfect eyes, perfect nose, perfect lips. I kissed him. He have a perfect taste too. Just to my liking. Soft and tasty. Well, I don't think I need to know where I am right now. Let's go to sleep.

 

****

 

Sehun's POV

 

I woke up as I felt something touched my lips. I open my eyes and see a beautiful person lying next to me. Luhan. I place a kiss on his cute forehead, fluffy cheeks and his plump lips. He squirms a bit. Haha. Cute. How can he say he's manly? Aigoo, this cutie. My little cutie. He hates it. But I like his pouty face when he's mad. My guilty pleasure. I'm sure he'll forgive me later. Watching him sleep so cutely makes me wanna sleep too. His cute face is my lullaby. Let's sleep. May tomorrow be a less tired day. Good night.

 

 

A/N: *fail angst* i got the inspiration from EXO-My Turn To Cry. And I do feel like the song smells like rain and looks like a grey sky. Not too dark, not too bright. I don't know why I made an angst for Hunhan. It's not like they've done something wrong to me. It's just popped out somewhere in my head. Anyway, I hope you like it. Do comment. I like feedbacks. Sponsor's note: Any similarities to any story are coincidental. And no, I didn't copy from elsewhere. Purely from my brain in my head.