GMC: Kris and Lay Part I

Azure Academy for Talented Youths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guide to Magical Creatures: By Kris and Lay

Part 1

 

 

Kris: Welcome back to Guide to Magical Creatures. For this episode, Lay and I, Kris, will be your hosts in an adventure that will explain the magical world to you and answer many unanswered questions.

 

 

 

“Mind telling me why I’m here again?” Jongin asked, annoyed that he got dragged into this new “thing” that Luhan and Sehun started yet again.

 

“You’re here for quality control.” Kris answered flatly, “since you’re the only one who knows anything about what humans think, apparently.”

 

“You could have gotten Kyungsoo,” Jongin argued, “He knows enough about humans to make the judgements.”

 

“It’s not the same thing. Kyungsoo didn’t grow up human. There’s still a cultures gap.” Kris waved away Jongin’s suggestion, before returning to his script.

 

 

 

 

 

Kris: So, many of have been wondering about Qilins, and why in the world these Asian unicorns are so weird…

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m pretty sure I’m the only one asking, because I’m the only ‘human’ who had to deal with one.” Jongin grunted, and Kris chose to ignore him

 

 

 

 

 

Kris: and here with me today to answer all of your questions is none other than our very own Yixing..I mean, Lay.

 

Lay: hello everyone, it is very nice to meet you.

 

Kris: Lay, as you know, most of the humans, Jongin included, knows very little about your kind. Would you like to give a quick introduction to them about you.

 

Lay: Hello everyone, I’m a Qilin, also known as Kirin, and I am one of the mythical beings that are highly respected in Eastern Asia.  We’re kins of dragons, and are dragon like creatures that are usually signs of good luck, and many compare us to the western unicorn, although we may have more than one antler, depending on the type.

 

Kris: Haha, so that means we are kind of related, what with me being 1/4th dragon and all. But anyway, Lay, I heard from Luhan that you’re not necessarily a regular qilin. Can you tell us more about that?

 

Lay: I was actually an orphan, and was adopted by the tree nymphs and river spirits of southern China, where I spent part of my childhood. Therefore, I actually do not know much about my kind and the magic we practice, and instead have a much better understanding of elemental magic and spirit energy.

 

Kris: those also happen to be your majors, am I correc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter