On rainy days I get inspired to be the best at what I do…

On Rainy Days
Please log in to read the full chapter

***Sandeul POV***

When I was younger, I ran away from home. It wasn’t because I was being mistreated or anything like that. It was the opposite. My parents saw me as their top priority. What’s my reason for running away? I didn’t feel like I fit in in a family that strives for success for their own selfish reasons.

 

-Flashback-

“Do you want something else?” the waitress asks.

I nod at her. She hands me a white bag with a box inside. I head out to the street again not knowing where to go.

I begins to rain so I run to the nearest roof. I sit down at the bus stop and watch the cars go by. My feet dangle off the bench. The bus stops in front of me. It waits a while then takes off again. I finish my meal then walk off. The day is cloudy and the black clouds move across the sky.

“What are you doing?” I ask.

I look at another ten old boy. He rubs the piece of chalk against a dry wall. I stare as he draws faces all over the place.

“Why are you only drawing smiling ones?”

The boy continues to ignore me. A car playing loud rap music drives past us. He stops and stares at it. The corner of his mouth start moving. A smile forms. He returns to drawing on the wall.

“Do you like music?”

The chalk falls out of the boy’s hand. He turns to face me. I wave hello to him. He points at himself. I nod yes. He walks over towards me and starts writing on the ground with the piece of chalk.

“I like music.”

“I’m guessing you like rapping?” I ask.

He smiles and nods his yes. I stare at him confused to why he’s not talking back.

“Do you speak?” I ask.

He nods his head no. I make an ‘o’ shape with my mouth.  I walk over to the chalk container and sit down on the sidewalk.

“Are you shy?”

I draw a face with pink cheeks. He laughs and starts drawing on the ground. He draws a stick figure with lines showing movement. He gives it a bubble and writes ‘yes.’

“I’m Lee JungHwan.”

He

Please log in to read the full chapter