Departure & First Day

It's Your Order, Kyung Mi

-Narrator POV-

     Kyung Mi waved goodbye to her village. She stopped waving as the one place she known was fading away. She knew it was her order to leave, but why does it feel like something bad will happen? To clear her mind, she went to a small stage on the ship. 

-Kyung Mi POV-

     "But it's your only order. You must fulfill it." Halaboji's words came again and again. I sat on the middle of the stage and started to breathe slowly. Suddenly the words became faint. Everything became white. I looked around, but found nothing. I walked a few steps forward and my body just stopped, as if I were in a trance. A few seconds two figures of people appeared from the distance. "So, you're starting your journey now?" a male voice said. "How exciting!" a female voice called. The two came closer.

      "Umma? Appa?" My mouth finally said something. How did I know that? They died when I was only about two years old. "Kyung Mi. My baby Kyung Mi!" My umma came. She hugged me tight and pulled away. She was really beautiful. My appa came and bear hugged me. "You've grown into a beautiful woman." I smiled. They looked at me, and started to cry tears of joy. "Here, we made you this, but before we could actually give it to you, the battle began. My umma put this necklace on me. It had a pendant of the Jang Ninjas. "Well, I guess that's all for right now." My appa said. "Come visit us, okay?" My umma waved, and turned with my appa. "Wait, h--" They disappeared before my eyes. 

       The whiteness suddenly became black. My body was shaking, and something was dangling around my neck. I opened my eyes and the ship was rocking from side to side. I felt what was on my neck and found it as the necklace umma and appa just gave to me. It was already dark. I ran to the helmsman. "What's happening?" I asked.

       "Well, it was smooth sailing then a bunch of these dang sharks decided to visit!" He tried to direct a ship somewhere else but ended up really close to a shark. I walked to the window and looked at the creatures. "Try moving to the left a little more." I said calmly. "What? There's a perfectly big space to the right!" He said.

        "Just go to the left." 

        "Alright, princess. If we get hit then that's all on you." He steered to the left and right when we started moving, a big rock suddenly arose from the depths on the right. "Told you." I laughed and went onto the stage again. He was completely dumbfounded. "Wha-- How??? Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?" I heard him say as I walked through the doors.

         I went into a big chest to find a pillow and blanket. I looked upon the sleeping crew and went onto the stage. Once again, whiteness overcame the whole environment. "Hello?" I called out. This time, only one figure came closer. "Halmoni?" Halmoni came closer, and smiled. "Sonja." She grabbed my hand. "You will make a great empress." 

         She stood there and pulled out a little flower comb. She stepped forward as I bowed my head and she put it at the base of my hair bun. "So beautiful." She smiled and a large sound projected from behind her. "No!" Halmoni turned to me, "Be safe!" She ran towards the sound and it felt as if I were fainting. Once everything turned black, I awakened again.