Act 08

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Act 08 - Her Decisions

Victoria didn't know what to say. She was shock. Was he serious about the

marriage?

"I..I'm.. not ready sir.." she faintly say.

He chuckle.

"I won't force you to marry my son. Remember, this offer is still open if you decide you want to take it."

"I'll think about it."

She walk out of the office still in a dazing mood. What was she going to do?

This was a sudden question for her.

------------

Being a workaholic he is, Nickhun was still in his work mood even after midnight.

He stretch his tiring arms out.

"It's already midnight?" he ask his-self.

Knowing that his beloved mother was going to wait for him, he decided to put his work away.

'I can continue tomorrow' he thought.

He arrive home to see his mother sitting in the kitchen waiting for him.

"Why are you still up mom?" he ask her as he took a seat next to her.

"I was waiting for you." she told him.

He chuckle.

"Mom, I'm not a kid anymore. I can take care of myself."

"Did you eat yet? Should I cook for you?"

He laugh.

"Mom, you're tired. Go to sleep."

She whine. She didn't like the fact that he comes home late almost everyday.

---------------

Victoria couldn't sleep that night as she toss and turn around all night long.

"Is that ajussi serious?" she thought?

She rub her face in frustration. Why did he ask her? It's not like he knows her or anything. Plus, she's not from a high status like his son. Everyone will make fun of her and disrespect her due to her poor status.

"Toria?" Krystal knock at her door.

"Come in."

Krystal walk into her room.

"What's wrong? Can't sleep?" Krystal ask Victoria.

"Krystal.. I have something to ask you."

"What is it?"

"If someone ask you to be their daughter in law, is that a good thing?"

"Why?"

"What if that girl is from a poor family? Will everyone look down on her?"

"Toria, what are you talking about?"

"An ajussi as me to be his daughter in law."

"What?!" Krystal yell.

Victoria cover Krystal's mouth with her hand.

"You're going to wake up the whole entire neighbor." Victoria hiss at Krystal.

"Sorry. But are you serious?"

Victoria nod her head.

"Yah. Who's this ajussi? I want to meet him."

"It's not like I'll take his offer, right?"

"My poor Victoria." Krystal pull Victoria into a hug.

-----------------

Mr.Horjevkul was in his office, still wondering if the young lady was going to take his offer. She was a nice lady, she'll suit his son despite her status. He didn't want a rich daughter in law, he wanted a daughter in law that'll keep his son on the right track.

Watching his son piling himself over work was worrying him. He couldn't watch his son throw away his life at such a young age.

------------------

"Ma, it's me." Victoria call her mother.

"Qian, is that you?" her mother sounded happy.

"Yes ma, it's me, Qian."

"Your father and I miss you a lot. Are you well? Have you been eating regularly?" her mother's voice sounded very worry.

"Of course Ma. Pa, how is he?" Victoria worry.

"He's still struggling to keep his business running. I'm worry about him. Come home Qian, we miss you."

Victoria can tell that her mother's silently crying to herself.

"I know Ma.."

Victoria couldn't continue to talk with her mother. She was tearing up inside of her. She wanted to become a great designer to help her father's company but instead, she's stuck in Korea with no job.

Regardless of how much her mother disregard her to go to Korea, she still supported Victoria. Victoria didn't want to disappoint her mother anymore. She couldn't bring anymore disappointment to them. She was going to show her family that she can do things on her own without them worrying about her.

"Ma.. I'm getting marry."

--------

Finally I updated this story. Sorry for the long update, been busy writing my other FF and busy with other stuff. Hope you like this chapter. I didn't want to make it draggy so...