Act 23

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Instead of being third person, I decided to make it first point of view.

Act 23 - Feeling Giddy

Victoria POV

No matter how much I try, mother in law wouldn't eat. She would push the dishes away from her reach or it'll end up on the floor. I held back my tears as I clean up her mess inside her room.

She storm out right after she threw the dishes to the ground, breaking the dishes into pieces. Her whereabouts, I wouldn't know.

I went on my bended knees to pick up the broken bowl and plate with my bare hands. Calm down Toria, it's not a big issue, I told myself multiples times.

Picking the broken plate without thinking, it cut my fingers. It starts bleeding out of control. quickly pick up the remaining pieces, putting them on the tray. I wipe the floor clean with the towel.

I dump the broken plate and bowl into the trashcan before taking care of my cuts. It wasn't as bad but bad enough for me to touch water. It stings. I fight back the pain as I wash away the blood before applying alcohol to the open cut.

It was a good thing Sherleen wasn't home or else she would go crazy. I didn't want any one to know what happen. If I tell anyone, I know mother in law will be unhappy with me and I don't want that to happen. I want her to like me for who I am and no one else.

------------------------------

Nichkhun POV

Time was ticking away each second. I tap on my desk as I try to finish up my work. Somehow I wanted to arrive home earlier than usual. Is it because I wanted to see my wife that I hated most?

Maybe.

Finally. I shut off my computer with a smile. I grab my jacket on my way out of the office.

"Are you going home sir?" my secretary ask me with her quiet voice.

"Yes I am. You can leave as well. Thanks for the hard work." I smile at her.

Today I feel so giddy and I don't know why.

I drove home with a smile plastered on my face. I'm sure whoever sees me would have thought I was on drug or drunk but, I'm sober and drugfree. Also, I'm workaholic free today as well.

Usually I would stay until midnight or even pass 1AM just doing nothing but pure work. Sadly but truth, I am a workaholic. Even my dad thinks I'm going overboard with work at such a young age. I can not be blame for.

I'm just merely trying to keep my brain ticking, forgetting that someone special. At first it didn't work but after so many attempts, those memories slowly fade away.

"I'm home." I happily greeted my family who were in the livingroom watching news.

I turn to look at my wife who sat quietly on couch, her eyes focus on the tv but I know clearly that her mind is wondering someplace else.

"You're home early son." mom greeted me with a hug.

"I felt like coming home early today." I smile to her.

"Well good. I save some food for you." mom drag me into the kitchen.

I quickly glance back to Victoria and she was still the same, frozen still. Mom push me down to the chair as she uncover the food.

"I prepare your favorite dish son." mom sat across from me with a bright smile.

I nod flashing her a slight smile before I started digging into the food.

---------------------------------------

JUNKI POV

"Yah Jae Wook." I call my friend's name.

"Yes hyung?" he look at me with a puzzle face.

"Let's go drink." I cheerful suggested.

"You're paying right?" he eye me.

"Sure. Since it's my first day back, I'll pay."

We both walk into the bar, ordering up drinks. I'm not much of a drinker myself but I like to drink once in a while. Jae Wook on the other side loves to drink. He can hold his alcohol more than me.

A reason to why he drinks more than me is because of girl problem. He drinks alcohol to drain away those bad memories but I know it doesn't help. It gets worse. I have to endure all those times and it's not fun at all.

"It's great to have you back." Jae Wook made a toast.

"It's been a while since I return. Things changed quite a lot." I observe the same bar we always enter.

They redid their interior into something more fancier and darker. I like it more than the old one.

"It's just your eyes." Jae Wook grin.

"Maybe." I swirl my drink around before taking a sip out of it.

We both end up talking about random topics like girls, work, life, etc. I finish with my third drink and was ready to go. Jae Wook on the other hand finish six drinks.

I pay the check as I head out the door. Since I knew that my alcohol content was a little over law, I decided to take the taxi.

"Yah. You're still the same aren't you?" Jae Wook ask me as I patiently wait for a taxi.

"You know I like to follow the laws and keep society peacefully." I smile.

"Tch. Such a good boy." he pat my head like I was a five year old.

I swing his hand away from my head, glaring at him. He laugh before entering his car. I wave bye to him as I waited for a taxi.

What a long night, I thought to myself.

 

--------------------------------------

How'd you like it so far? Yes, Nichkhun is slowly falling for his wife, how cute.

I want to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Thank you for reading and for the comments. ^^