Act 22

Marriage with a Handsome Man

Nichkhun and Mr. Horvejkul left for work, leaving Sherleen, Victoria and Mrs. Horvejkul alone in the house. Sherleen sigh loudly in annoyance.

"Just ignore my mom. She's always like that." Sherleen sat down on the couch.

"Sherleen.. what's mother's favorite dish?" Victoria ask.

"Uhm. I don't really know myself. She eats whatever." Sherleen shrug.

Victoria tap her chin with her index finger, thinking of a good dish she can make for her mother in law.

----------------

"Is mom really okay?" Nichkhun ask his father for reassurance.

"Yes. She's just acting like a little kid. Just ignore her." his father pat his shoulder before walking out of the elevator.

Nichkhun shrug, following after his father. He walk into his own office, taking off his jacket, hanging it on the hanger. On his desk were piles of work he needed to catch up since his honeymoon with his newly wedded wife.

"Welcome back." his secretary greeted him with a new folder.

"What's this?" Nichkhun ask, opening the folder.

"This was the yesterday's meeting."

"Okay. Thanks for your hard work." Nichkhun smile.

She bow to him, closing the door behind him. Nichkhun took a deep breath before turning on his workaholic system.

-------------------------

"Ajusshi!" he scream, chasing after the man.

He finally reach the man, stepping in front of him.

"Yes?" he say.

"You drop your wallet." he handed the man's wallet to him.

"I didn't know. Thank you." the man thanked him.

He smile at him, watching the man walk further into the crowd. He brush his hair to the side, walking back into the office.

"Hello Sir." they all greeted him as he walk in.

He smile at them as he walk towards the elevator. Once he was inside, he took a deep breath. Today's his first official day starting here and he was late, not a great start.

He walk pass some ladies who he can hear them giggles behind him. He try not to sound displease so he smile at them. They giggle even more.

Inside his new office stood his bestfriend, also known as his childhood friend.

"You're ten minutes late." his friend look at his clock.

"Sorry, I had to return an ajusshi's wallet to him."

"You're too nice you know that?"

"What do you expect me to do? Keep the wallet?" he frown at his bestfriend.

"It wouldn't hurt right?" his friend joke.

"You know I can never do that." he sat down at his new chair.

He open the drawers one by one, browsing around his new office.

"Man, it's been such a long time since I've back. Things changed quite a lot." he noted.

"I think it's just you who changed." his friend scratch his head.

"Did I really?" he look at his friend.

"Junki, you're a total weirdo." his friend role his eyes.

"My father doesn't know that I'm back right?" he ask his friend as if it was a top secret.

"No he doesn't. He will soon."

"Just don't tell him anything. I want to surprise him." Junki's eyes twinkle.

His friend laugh.

"Okay."

"Ah, how's your girlfriend and you doing?" Junki twirl in his seat.

"We broke up." his voice sounded sad.

"Yah Kim Jae Wook, what happen while I was gone for three years?"

"It wasn't working out between us two I guess."

Junki nodded his head. Junki didn't really like Jae Wook's ex-girlfriend either. He knew she was a flirt and a trouble maker.

----------------------------

This chapter is a little slow but eckk. Junki's introduce, finally. =]