A Bag of Curiosity

11ᵗʰ Howling Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes flew open and the sunlight from the window lightly passing by my face. I look at my side desk and it was 9:00 am. I spot a yellow sticky pad beside my clock. It said:

Dear Minseul,
I went to the Pack's crib. I made you breakfast, But I bet you won't eat it anyway.

P.S. Luhan dropped by earlier and told me to tell you to meet at the School's Cafe by 9:30 am to pass your Book Report.
P.P.S. BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM. I DISLIKE HIS SCENT.

With lots of love,
Hun

I held in a laugh. I don't get this guy's humor really. I got up and took a fast and cold shower. I pulled my long raven black hair into a messy bun and decided to wear a red sweater, black jeans and a pair of black converse. I half-run to my bed and kneeled down under, pulling an old brown box. I place in the four digit code and it opened. A Black and Ruby Red cover appeared. It was the forbidden book. Last night, Before I went to bed. I was just staring at it. I was badly tempted to open and wanting to read the chapters, But I couldn't. I was afraid. I don't know what would happen if I did try.

As I got into the Kitchen, There was Strawberry Pancakes and Milk. I didn't want my brother's effort go to waste, So I ate them. Which made me all full. I took my shoulder bag by the counter and placed the book inside, went out of the house and headed my way to the School.

It was already Christmas break, But here I am in School about to meet Luhan. I was puzzled. Why would someone enter school when it was already the end of the Quarter? Why does he want to protect me again? Most importantly, Is this book my downfall?

I need some answers and Luhan has them.

I heard the wind chimes as I opened the Cafe's door. There was only a handful of employees serving. The School is open to outsiders when the Quarter Break starts, So they still earn money even if students don't have classes. Only 3 tables were occupied and Luhan was seated at the far right corner. I continued to walk and as I got to his table, I sat down the opposite side.

At first he didn't say anything until I opened my bag. "Have you been reading, Minseul?" He questioned. His voice was different from yesterday. It was all firm and alert.

I shook my head and placed the book in front of me. "No. I wanted to. But I couldn't." He then turned to look at me and I couldn't help but stare. The light from the window was somehow reflecting his eyes showing a different color; Yellowish-Gold.

Luhan rubs his right temple with his thumb and slightly shrugs. "Do you know anything about a Blood Moon then?" I feel like this is a pop quiz.

I pursed my lips. "From what I've read some time before, The full moon nearly always appears coppery red during a total lunar eclipse. That’s because the dispersed light from all the Earth’s sunrises and sunsets falls on the face of the moon at mid-eclipse. Thus the term blood moon can be and probably is applied to any and all total lunar eclipses. Usually, the moon looks red." Eventually, He let out a chuckle.

"That's what they believe." He said as if they was different to him. "In my world, Yes the moon turns red. But there is a hidden meaning for us. The last blood moon will appear the next week. That's why I'm here with you. I got you into trouble and I have to pay for it. Even if it by all means, To sacrifice myself just to save you."

Is this a hint that I'm going to die?

"Wait," I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and decided to ask some questions. "I don't understand. Can you clear things for me? Book Report?"

"Fake. I told the Professor to do that.  I have a good intention, Minseul. I'm not a stalker. I'm just your protector."

"Fake? Protector? Are you kidding me?"

"No." He said straight-up.

"Why are you here again?"

"To protect you."

"To protect me? From what?"

"From everyone. Everyone is a threat in this town."

"Even my brother and his pack? Then why should I trust someone I just met?" The sudden mention made his posture change.

Bad move Minseul! My inner goddess scolded me.

A smile on his lips appeared out of nowhere. "I dare say; What a question, Miss Moon." He is being playful now. "Why would you even show up here in the first place, If you didn't trust me?"

It's because she's attracted with your beauty, Little Boy! My inner goddess speaks again.

Will you shut up? You're ruining the moment. My subconscious said as she slams a frying pan on the other's face.

I just lost my ovaries. My inner goddess said as she massages her face.

"Curse these thoughts." I said gritting my teeth.

Luhan raises an eyebrow. "What?"

"Nothing." I answered quickly. "What is the big threat then?" As I said that, I felt that someone from the Cafe was watching me. I turned to look around, But everybody was minding their own business. Luhan then stood up and grabs the book on the table. "Come on." He was determined to leave the place. "Someone's on the watch." He grabs me by the wrist and I was pulled out of the Cafe. Being dragged out of the school to who knows where will this guy be taking me.

We arrived at a house where it was made out of modern bricks. A white door stood upfront, He opened and told me to enter. Everything was all modern as well. I lurked around and in the living room there was an open kitchen to the far left. I sat down by the white bar stool as my arms rested on the black marble counter. Luhan followed and sat beside me. He placed the book in front of me and said, "Open it and turn to the page right after the Title Page then read it." I did what he said and flipped the page.

Again, Slant lines and in between spaces appeared. / / // ///////// 

"O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter