Dreams of a Wanderer

11ᵗʰ Howling Street
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slowly the snowflakes poured down from above, The cold wind accompanying it. It was my favorite time of the year. I liked the cold weather, and how the snow felt on my soft and delicate palm. The bench I was sitting on grew colder by the minute, but I did not mind at all. It was all quiet. Something I have always liked. Suddenly, a crowd started gathering up by the street, some taking out their cameras and snapping pictures. Out of curiousness, I stood up from my seat and followed on to the crowd.

A parade was on its way. There were car mobiles that were made into Santa's slay, A Gigantic Gingerbread and so on. There was one big man who was dressed-up as Santa Claus walking down the street and children were asking for gifts. If I was still a child, I would have been amused by all this. But I am not one anymore. I am 16 today and tomorrow I will be 17 on Christmas Day.

I got tired of the view but as I was about to leave, something caught my eye. I saw a man with a black blazer over a collared white shirt, one of its buttons were undone. He had black jeans and shoes. His dark brown hair was all tousled-up and he looked kind of lost. I then followed his movement as he was half-running in the crowd on the other side of the street. Like he was being chased by someone. It took me by surprise, Because I met his gaze for not long as ten seconds.

He had mysterious yellowish-gold eyes, Which attracted myself more to him. He looked behind him and ran off quickly to the woods. I then ran towards the direction he went through. I went to the Northern Woods, A known woods by our city. It was full of tall trees as high as heaven could be, and everything looked the same once you got in. It will be hard to get out. Some believed it was dangerous in these woods, but I would always take a risk for everything.

I found myself tripping on tree roots, almost bumping into trees and almost getting eye-poked by a tree branch. Then all a sudden a Oak Tree appeared in front of me.

I got into the heart of the woods, I had guessed.

I had lost track of the mysterious looking man. I was lost at the heart of the woods alone, only an hour before sundown. A time wherein it's the most dangerous time for the citizens of the town to be out in the wilderness. I sit down by the big root of the trees while hugging my arms. The cold weather was seeping in my long sleeve shirt. Which doesn't really help when it was winter time. I looked around, the grass was covered in thin snow. I could hear the rustles of the birds while building their nests inside a tree hole.

A deer passed by in front of me, and I decided to have a stare down moment with it. The deer came closer and smelled my shoe then look back at my face slightly flushed face. I placed my hand on top of the Deer's head, It started nuzzling its nose on my wrist. Suddenly, There was a loud snapping of fallen tree branches. The deer scrammed and leaped away from my sight. I stood up and looked around.

"Hello?" I spoke softly as condensation was let out from my mouth due to the cold atmosphere.

I slowly walked around the tree and taking each step carefully. I felt cautious at the same time a pinch of excitement spread along my system. I reached the half length of the hundred year old tree and there I found him.

He laid by the thin snow on the grass his head placed on one end of the thick tree root. As I came close, I could see his facial structures more clearly. He had a dark brown hair and his clothes were still the same when I saw him earlier, except for the huge cut by his arm. He had a fair skin and his face gleamed through my eyes. He could be beautiful as a man and also pass as a beautiful woman.

I settled down a few feet away from him. I could feel the cold numbing my knees as I kneeled down. My hand slightly touched his pinky finger unintentionally, It was cold as well.

Is he dead? I asked myself.

Suddenly he grunted and his eyes flew open. For a moment he was just looking at the gloomy sky above then he moved his way to my eyes. Meeting those Mysterious yellowish-gold eyes once again, but this time up-close.

My mouth was partially open. It was the first time to see such eyes. It was Beautiful and at the same time... Horrifying. He lifted his right hand and placed his forefinger lightly by my chin and gently pushes it up, hiding the gap between my slightly dry lips. I saw a glimpse of his smile then after a millisecond it disappeared. He helped himself up with his elbows and partially succeeding until he winces as he looked by his right shoulder, there was blood visible by his black blazer.

"Who did this to you?" I finally said. My skeptical mind filled with questions that aren't so normal. I was not really the type to care for someone especially if I do not know the person himself. But something about him made her act the other way around. He simply stood up enduring the pain and stretches out his other arm at me, and I took it. He had soft and cold palms. I wonder if he is even cold in this state. "None of that matters." He replied but his expression was meaningless. I could not read what was he really thinking. "You must get home. It is not healthy for a woman like you to walk around this place, especially if it's someone like you." He quickly added.

Apparently, I think I felt myself flushed. That was the first time in my whole existence. At that moment I realized I was still holding his hand and so I decided to let go. "I'll help you get home." He dusted off his pants and shoulders. "Before you get hurt as well."

And so suddenly I was walking with some man that I found in the woods with a wounded arm. He told me he does not want me to get hurt so he is going to accompany me back home. This is very questionable. I would like to know more about this... man. Normally if you were lost in these woods, You will find your way back to town after about three to four hours of searching for the key exit. Surprisingly, The mysterious man only took ten minutes before we got back into town. The black street lamps lighting the way. I told him the directions to my house and he just nods lightly, and walked, as I followed behind quietly while hugging myself.

We got in front of our porch after walking for numerous of minutes. It was getting cold, so I quickly grabbed the key in my back pocket and opened the door. "You should get inside." I said while not looking back at him. "Stay for a while. I think the weather decided to not be friendly tonight."

I just hoped Hun was not home yet. I said to myself having second thoughts to my invitation inside.

Apparently, He did stayed. He was sitting in the white couch in my library. He found it himself while I was making hot cocoa by the kitchen. Normally people would be mad with something like this but apparently I was not. I placed the blue mug by the side table that was next to him. He had a book by his hand; speculating every detail of the pages. It was one of my favorites. "I can tell you like to read a lot." Judging by the shelves of books surrounding the walls, It was definitely and obviously true.

I nod in agreement and took a sip from my white mug with hot cocoa. "Fictional and Fantasy types, Mostly." I answered him question. "I like the Fantasy world better than Reality." I added while caressing the top of the mug with my thumb. "Its more interesting."

He let out a chuckle and closed the book, stands up and places it back to Section U where the book came from. Then he kept on walking and analyzing the collection of books. The old ones and the newly published merged into one section. He stopped at Section W. One of my all time favorites were in that section. He stared at it for a few moments and grabbed one thick book.

Surprisingly, That was the special book I loved so de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter