oo4

FIGHTING WARS: The Archaic Expression
Bomi attempted a weak mimic of one of Sohyun's high kicks as the two girls walked out the main school building. Sohyun locked her hands behind her head, her nose high in the air while Bomi kept complimenting her skills and remarkable talent. Her name was finally getting around. Everyone was waking up to the fact that the transfer student could actually fight. She didn't brag often, but she felt good to leave such an impression on her first day. And better yet, it was right in front of Jung Krystal. The girl was probably shaking in fear, Sohyun thought. Who else in the history of Chunseon High had jumped up in the ranks so quickly? Sohyun safely and proudly assumed no one.
 
"You are seriously the best there is!" Bomi continued praising while they reached the school's main entrance gate. Sohyun had to admit that Bomi's worshiping made her feel something. Something she had forgotten in a long while, to the point where she didn't even know what that something was, but it was there, making her feel fuzzy and excited. Bomi wasn't completely useless.
 
"Kwon Sohyun." It was their homeroom teacher Won Bin standing on the other side of the gate. He greeted them while they respectfully bowed and looked to him confused. With his warm smile he says, "So I hear you made your debut in the cafeteria today."
 
It was as if all the rules had change, as if they hadn't been in a fighting school but a normal school that strictly prohibited the sport and she was caught and now she would have to face the consequences.
 
"How did you know?" Sohyun asked, "Who told you?"
 
The alarming expression on her face caught the other two off guard, and then Bomi started laughing while Won Bin continued with his gentle expression but straight faced. He clarified concisely, "Fighting is allowed at the school, it is, after all, the fighting capitol of the world. No need to panic when a staff member finds out." Sohyun nodded, feeling dumb but relieved. She nudged Bomi who had began to stifle her giggles. "Transfer students come from all over the world to be the best of the best." He continued. "Most of the foreign transfers do not make it due to the environment. More than just the stress of constant fighting but the stressful school systems, corrupt society and more cause their spirits to break and eventually leave the school."
 
It made sense.  Before the Puritan system the Korean school was already difficult for the average student. As things changed nothing progressed. Sohyun always felt that the war been the youth and the government was all for naught. 
 
"Sohyun now that you're a high ranking individual you will be a target to many who pursue for a place like yours." He said interrupting her thoughts. Sohyun dismissed it completely and even expressed that it was a good thing.
 
"Maybe I won't be so bored after all." She said.
 
He smiled, as if he expecting such an answer. "It's just like you to have that kind of reaction."
 
Almost confused, Sohyun asked, "Mr. Won...do you happen to know me?"
"I'm your homeroom teacher." He pointed out but Sohyun shook her head.
 
"Do you know me from before?"
 
He smiled and left just before saying, "I know all of my students."