oo3

FIGHTING WARS: The Archaic Expression
"Why won't she fight me?" Sohyun asked Bomi again, this time during lunch while the girls swooped up cold food onto their trays. Bomi still didn't have the right answer but she always tried to respond in Sohyun's favor.
 
"Maybe she's afraid of you?" Sohyun snatched the last roll Bomi was aiming for and stuffed it in to make a point.
 
"That's ridiculous. That girl's eyes were cold. She knows no fear."
 
They finished racking up their meal which looked to be a full course on Sohyun's tray. They eyed the cafeteria, a massive dinning hall with round silver tables neatly placed for the taking. Like a bird with superb vision, Sohyun spotted Krystal sitting by her loneself, as if it were the norm, and this motivated Sohyun to sit with her just to set her off. Bomi gestured it wasn't a good idea but Sohyun, of course, didn't care for any of Bomi's warnings. In moments Sohyun was sitting across from Krystal as if they had been friends for a while. Ignoring the blatant disgust Krystal flashed, Sohyun got right to the point.
 
"Let's fight."
"No."
"Why?"
 
She stopped eating. It didn't take much to get a rise out of her, Sohyun thought, but at the same time Krystal retained a certain calm about herself throughout. Although she looked pissed, she didn't lash out on Sohyun.
 
"I don't like fighting." She admitted. "And I definitely don't want to fight with the likes of you. Knock Out Has-Been."
 
"Whose a has-been?" Sohyun roared at the top of her lungs, causing sets of eyes shift toward their direction. Krystal sneered, she apparently got more of a rise out of Sohyun than the other way around. Bomi pleaded for the girls to enjoy their meal and punch each other in the head another time. Sohyun was too hungry to be angry. Without removing her eyes from Krystal's she viciously ate at her food. How could someone hate fighting and yet fight? It was just a straight up contradiction but Sohyun knew there was more to the story. Krystal herself, was a top fighter but she hadn't taken any initiative to move up in the ranks when she's capable. Her resentment for fighting when challenged had to be personal, and just when Sohyun was beginning to think herself liken to Krystal, two bodies crashed onto their table. There was struggling and attempts of hitting, but nothing connected as the two buffoons that ruined Sohyun's lunch had themselves tangled from their holds. Completely outraged she grabbed the male on top and tore him from the other. He blindly swung at her which Sohyun casually stepped back to dodge and then kicked her foot out making the boy slide across the room. The other male scrambled to his feet and looked at Sohyun menacingly. He too swung at her but only caught air.
 
"Why are these guys so slow?" With one hand Sohyun grabbed the male by the back of his collar and seam of his pants and tossed aside a few tables away. By then the whole cafeteria had put lunch on paused and tuned into the fight. Even Krystal and Bomi had went silent and looked on to Sohyun with awe who was oblivious to everything. Her lunch was scattered and wrecked. She could have wept if she wasn't already full but she hated seeing food go to waste. She finally looked around and saw that everyone was still gawking at her.
 
"What?"
 
Bomi rushed over to her first, eyes wide and moving faster than Sohyun had ever seen her. "Kwon Sohyun, do you know what you just did?" Sohyun shook her head, dumbfounded by the reaction of the apparently most notorious fighters of the most prestigious fighting school in country. "That was #31 and #30 you just beat."
 
"That means..."
 
"You're now ranked at #30."