oo2

FIGHTING WARS: The Archaic Expression
"This is bull."
 
999: Kwon Sohyun
 
The transfer student always starts off from the very bottom, somehow Bomi forgot to mention this, but she had been bumped up to #998, so she had Sohyun to be thankful for. Sohyun would put her in a headlock later, as for that moment she sought to aim for the highest ranking student ASAP. Brows furrowed, her eyes drew up toward the tall white dry erase board that held the names and ranks of every student fighter in school. Sohyun made a terrible gasping sound, and cursed some more when she saw that the first 24 spots were blank. Bomi bowed apolegetically to prevent further physical damage Sohyun would do to her.
 
"It's such a norm around here that I forgot to tell you, the top 25 students are the only students allowed to fight in the Pentagon Arena, therefore their status is on a totally different league from us and for the most part have chosen to keep their identities hidden except to each other."
 
"That's stupid! And what in the hell is a Pentagon Arena?" She had Bomi by the collar, outraged by the brand new information. How was she to fight the greatest students if they hid like cockroaches in the dark?
 
Struggling to breathe Bomi forced out, "It's the greatest fighting ring in the world, with the most amazing and entertaining fights people with lots and lots of money from all over come to see. It's like a secret fight club with only the Top 25 to brag about it!"
 
Bomi found herself gasping for air the moment she was released from Sohyun's grasps. The greatest fighting ring with the greatest matches in the world? That piqued her interest in a good way. She lifted Bomi to her feet with one hand and scratched the back of her head with the other while she cackled.
 
"The best of the best, you don't say?" She was a maniac, Bomi realized, when she continued to laugh to herself. Finally her eyes focused on the board once again, and she narrowed them. "Why is Jung Krystal's name on #25?"
 
"She's the only Top 25 fighter whose name is shown."
 
Sohyun smiled more. "Excellent. I'm so anxious. I really can't wait."
 
To her unfortune Bomi was in the same homeroom as Sohyun. The girl had more excuses to follow her around school while Sohyun pouted and stuffed her hands in her blazer pockets. Looking around she noticed how spacious and grand the school was. Chunseon consisted of five main buildings. Four were located in four points that made a square. The fifth was located in the middle.
 
"There sure are a lot of guys here." For the most part they seemed average and not too many fights had broken out since her arrival. They all looked like normal students attending a normal school. "Ch."
 
"Chunseon females only make up 10% of the school's population. Most of us are ranked very low-"
 
"Like us."
 
"Y-yes but, there are quite a few outstanding ones."
 
"Like Jung Krystal." Sohyun was grinning again and she couldn't help herself. Krystal was going to be her one and only target to climb up the ranks fast and beat every punk in the Top 25.
 
"Sohyun, you don't really plan on fighting Krystal do you?"
 
She stopped dead in her tracks. She turned around and faced the pitiful girl that had been following her from a two meter distance. With a serious and almost frightening expression she asked, "Why?"
 
Bomi was nervous and fidgeted. Sohyun caught on to the girl's bad habits, she hunched over, twiddled her fingers and spoke at a low volume when she wasn't confident.
 
"Spit it out."
 
"I just don't think it's a good idea considering she's, uh, um..."
 
The first bell rang before she could have a chance to finish, thankfully. She grabbed Sohyun's hand and quickly lead her to their homeroom class. There was only one other female in the class, the rest filled with scrawny males. Their homeroom teacher came in late and apologized. His eyes went straight to Sohyun as he bowed.
 
"I'm your homeroom teacher Won Bin. You must be our new transfer, Kwon Sohyun."
 
"Yeah, yeah, don't get your in a bunch, I came here quietly like everyone else."
 
The classroom was dead silent. Sohyun's nonchalant introduction turned awkward when she soon realized that no one even knew who she was. She derped. How could they not know that there was a living legend in their very own classroom?
 
"Please treat her well." Won Bin smiled and ended the flop introduction. "Now for roll call. Lee Minsoo."
 
"Here."
 
Sohyun was in disbelief. How could the most prestigious fighting school in the country not know about the legendary Knockout Queen Judas? Was four years too long of a time? Was this school really not what she thought it was?
 
"Bomi, you're actually here on time."
 
"Yes I am, here!"
 
It was frightening. Sohyun built that name up for herself over the course of two years. Every school knew her name, every kid either looked up to her or wanted to fight her. Hell, they wanted to be her. She was the strongest in every district. She was a trend!
 
"Jung Krystal."
 
"Present."
 
Her head slowly rotated to her right where a few seats over the only other girl besides Bomi resided. What luck.
 
Sohyun kicked her chair back. She didn't care about the person behind her gagging on his spit. She wedged herself between desks until she reached Krystal's.
 
"Yah. Let's fight." The words were spoken as if Sohyun was simply asking to borrow a pencil.  Krystal's eyes shifted toward the transfer lingering over her and then directed them toward the front of the class again.
 
"No thanks." She said.
 
Sohyun kicked her desk aside, also ignoring the person crying out for his poor back. Her hands were shoved in her blazer pockets, her high ponytail shifted to the side, and her grin slowly faded. She doesn't bother to speak seeing that Kyrstal isn't the talking kind (thankfully). Although Krystal wasn't looking at her, she was staring back at Sohyun just as much as she was.
 
"Alright, let's settle down." The homeroom teacher spoke gently and didn't bother to raise his voice. Somehow Sohyun felt it'd be best to abide by his order and she went back to her own seat. Class went on and she paid no attention to a single word of it. 
 
Why won't she fight me?