one.

계층: Hierarchy Matters
chapterone.
 
Kim Myungsoo, the second brother of the Kim Brothers, walked home with his youngest brother tailing at the back. Whoever sees him, definitely knows that he’s ‘the rich brat in the neighbourhood.’ No matter where he is, he’s usually seen in his school uniform, shirt untucked, tie loosened and blazer ed, swaggering down the streets. As years pass, this usual sight turns the neighbourhood kids – and parents – into questioning, ‘Hasn’t he graduated yet? How old is he?’
 
Unlike the third brother, Kim Jongin – who has graduated from high school and now working in Kimbum’s Company – Myungsoo was still in high school, still rebelling, still not graduating. Even though Myungsoo entered high school at the perfect age of 15, he could possibly the last to graduate amongst the brothers. The rest had no idea, or heard no reason from Myungsoo as to why he acts like that – and no one really bothered anyway.
Myungsoo leads a group called Jongryu (which means ‘class’), which was originally led by Kimbum. He intended to keep the group going and pass down the ‘throne’ as every brother graduates. However, because Jongin graduated first before Myungsoo, he would never have a chance to lead the group – not that he had any interest in doing so anyway. Kimbum started Jongryu from a small clique of friends, but when Myungsoo took over, Jongryu became a rebel group.
 
“Myungsoo, what’s your school position? The results were just recently posted today, am I right?” Kimbum called out and rushed to the door as soon as he heard the door open. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and threw his bag on the couch as he tugged his tie loose. He checked his phone as soon as he plopped himself on the couch, ignoring his hyung. “Yah, Kim Myungsoo!”
 
“I didn’t check! Okay, hyung?” he rolled his eyes once more and in that minute, Mingyu, the youngest brother, walked in. “Yah Mingyu, 4:15 at the field.” Mingyu stood behind Kimbum rather blank before he shot Myungsoo the ‘What’s up?’ look. Myungsoo mumbled as he got up again “Taejun.”
Kimbum stared at Mingyu and then back at Myungsoo. “You guys got into a fight again?” he scoffed in disbelief. “Yah, I’m really going to ground you two soon, okay?”
 
“Ground us then! Who do you want to take over Jongryu? Baekhyun?” Myungsoo snickered before throwing his wallet on the table, walking into the room.
 
Mingyu stood still, waiting for his Hyung to move. Mingyu has always been the quiet one around. It wasn’t like he dared not to say a thing; but rather, he was starting to get sick of the problems around the house. Kimbum who didn’t move away, suddenly muttered before taking out his blazer, “Jongin won’t be coming home tonight, so the room is all yours.”
 
He stood quiet as usual and nodded before going into the room he shared with Jongin. He looked around his room and sighed. Jongin’s place in the room was always so neat, and somewhat empty. All that his area was filled up was with files and different sticky notes indicating all his appointments.
Maybe that’s why Myungsoo hyung doesn’t want to graduate yet. What about me? I don’t really want this path Kimbum set. I don’t want to be like Jongin hyung. He thought to himself. He really didn’t. It wasn’t that he didn’t want himself to be in the industry his hyungs were heading to – but rather, he didn’t really favour having the same fate as Jongin did. In middle school, Mingyu used to hide in the shadows of Jongin, and he did so too at the start of high school. However, when Jongin graduated, they became really detached. He didn’t continue his studies, but he had places allocated and waiting for him in the company. Ever since then, Jongin became really busy, packed with schedules, meetings and appointments.
 
Jongin worked as Kimbum’s assistant – it also meant that he had nowhere to escape. In the future, Mingyu wanted to be able to go home and relax to get his mind off work. However, looking at Jongin, he was really doubtful he would ever able to achieve. Sometimes at home, the two will stay later at the dining table with files and papers, discussing about certain clients and projects – and Mingyu hated this a lot, even if he wasn’t directly involved. He hated seeing the people around him busy.
 
“Yah Kim Mingyu,” Myungsoo slammed the door open suddenly. “I’m going out. Tell him I’ll be back late.”
 
“At this hour? With who?”
 
“Sumin,” he shrugged and left the house.
word count: 764.

 
Author's Notes:
So that's chapter one done. This chapter was mainly to introduce how the brothers are like with each other, and a little bit more introduction will be given in chapter two maybe.
If anyone has any questions, suggestions, or constructive criticism. You can just comment below. o/