Different lifestyles

The BET

-

IU woke up an early Monday morning, to make breakfast for herself, and her siblings. Her parents had already gone to work, so she was left alone as always.

Actually she was pretty happy about being alone in the morning, as it was the only time she could actually collect her thoughts.

She walked to her drawer, opened it and found her school uniform. That was the only outfit she had, that was not either dirty, broken, oversized or too small.

She jumped in it, found a fork and brushed her hair with it. It was not like she didn’t own a hairbrush; she just found it disgusting to share such a thing. She washed up the fork, and walked to the fridge.
She was thinking about how easy it must’ve been to be born rich.

She was completely positive that they lived just like in idol dramas; oversized beds, huge walk-in closets and maids who delivered breakfast on the bed for them, so they didn’t have to wake up early.
 

IU never complained about being poor. Nor did she complain about having a father who used all the money that she made, by gambling in a casino at night. She was always quiet, though it sometimes hurted her to be so.
 

She took out some eggs, broke them, and started to stir them. Just because they were poor, it didn’t mean that her siblings should have a disgusting meal breakfast, as breakfast was the most important meal of the day.
 

She started to fry the eggs, and scrambled them with a fork. She added salt and pepper.
She looked around in her family’s two-room apartment. How she hated that place.

 

“Ji Woo, Ji Hyun, , Ji Kyung! Breakfast is ready!” she shouted, as she walked to the living room and putted the plates with scramble eggs on the table. All of them walked into the living room at the same time, looking very tired and complaining about not getting enough sleep. If they just knew.

-

“Young master, time to wake up” Wooyoung heard one of his maids say. He ignored her, and turned around to cover his head in the bed sheets made of silk.
 

“Young master, madam clearly warned me that if I didn’t wake you up in time, I would get fired…” the maid tried, though she knew that it wouldn’t work. Why would young master Wooyoung even care about her job situation?
 

“Then go get fired, it’s none of my concern” he said coldly. It was now precisely one hour later than when IU woke up.
 

“Young Miss Tiffany has called, by the way…” the maid tried. Suddenly Wooyoung was fully awake.
 

“What did you say to her?” Wooyoung asked her. Actually Tiffany was just a rich girl at Wooyoung’s age. She was pretty, but very arrogant, just like Wooyoung.
 

“Just that you weren’t awake yet… she said she would text you” the maid said. Wooyoung reached desperately for his phone. He opened it. “17 messages received.” How typical.

One of them was from Junho, one from Chansung, one from Taecyeon, one from Tiffany and the rest were love confessions from juniors who had bought his number from someone he didn’t know.
 

“I handled the bet – you owe me 200NT” the one from Junho said. Wooyoung thought back at their last bet. It must’ve been really ugly.
 

“I’ve heard chansung almost got expelled for wearing women’s clothes on the school roof – that was a good one” the one from Taecyeon said. They always made weird bets, just to kill time.
 

“Hey Wooyoung… I’m late today; I have to prepare for something… could you please use that trick of charming the teacher for me? – Chansung” the text from Chansung said. Wooyoung rolled his eyes. Most likely, the thing Chansung would have to prepare would be a meal for himself.
 

“Wooyoung Oppa, hi… let’s go out again another time, okay? I already miss you… You’re so mean for not calling me! – your Be” the text from Tiffany said. Wooyoung could throw up just from reading that. Even though he liked Tiffany, he hated clingy girls.
 

“Take the breakfast back, I feel sick looking at it” he said coldly to the maid, who followed his order immediately.

IU ran to school after the bus, as she had missed it because of her little brother begging her to stay at home with him. Of course she couldn’t, but how she wished she could.
 

She yawned when she finally arrived. Her stomach was making weird sounds, as they didn’t have enough eggs left for her eating breakfast.
 

She quickly walked to her classroom, where her teacher stared her down.
 

“You are late” she said in a very blaming tone. IU tried to catch her breath.
 

“Sorry… I didn’t catch the bus…” she said. Some of her classmates laughed, some tried to suppress their laughter and some was feeling sad for IU.
 

“You’re in such an expensive bus, and yet you take the public bus?” the teacher’s voice made it very clear that the teacher disapproved her apology.

Lee Ji Eun, you’ll clean the toilets the rest of the week as punishment” she declared. IU noticed that some of the rich jerks she was forced to learn with, were cheering for the teacher.

If she remembered correctly their names were Junho and Chansung.
She sat down and started to take notes from what the teachers was teaching about. Right now it was just basically about water.
Someone walked inside of the classroom.

 

“Teacher, I’m so sorry that I’m late, my maids had troubles waking me up, so I overslept…” the guy said, and sent the teacher a bright smile, and puppy eyes.
 

“It’s okay mister Jang, that can happen to everyone…” she said. A guy who sat right behind IU raised his hand.
“Mr. Dong?” the teacher asked him impatiently. IU barely noticed it, as she was too busy looking at Wooyoung; the handsome guy that everyone (including her) liked. She tried to look mistreated, but ended up looking impresses instead.

 

“IU… I mean, Miss Lee had a better reason to be late, and yet you punish her?” the guy who had raised his hand before asked the teacher. His name was Dong Youngbae, but his friends called him Taeyang. Him and IU had been friends since kindergarten, and it wasn’t like it was a secret that he had a crush on her.
 

“If you say one more word, Mr. Dong, you can accompany your little girlfriend in cleaning up toilets” the teacher said in a mean tone.
 

“I’d be rather happy to” he said without thinking.
 

“Then you can do it… I’ll also notify your parents that you’re talking back Now, where were we?”

During break, IU, Taeyang, Jiyeon and Minho was sitting and watching the popular guys playing basketball, and the desperate girls cheering for them. IU, Taeyang, Jiyeon and Minho, they were talking.
 

“I just think it’s unfair… IU was only late, it’s not like she committed a crime” Taeyang said.
 

“Come on, everyone knows that Mrs. Park hates IU, No offense IU sshi, but that’s how things are…” Jiyeon said.
 

“But why?” Taeyang asked.
 

“Obviously because I’m poor” IU yawned. She didn’t know why, but she was getting more tired lately, and her body seemed more fragile.
 

“But that’s not a reason to hate someone…” Taeyang objected.
 

“Well, it’s obviously a reason to cut holes in my gym clothes before it ‘seemed more like my style’, throw eggs after me and hide my table, so I’m late for classes” IU said and scowled at Taecyeon, Junho, Chansung and Wooyoung, as she knew that they did it, but at the same time sending mean thoughts to that arrogant girl, Hwang Tiffany, as she knew that she was the one planning it.
“Anyways… do you remember what homework we have for math?”

======================================

I know it's kinda boring! Sorry! But hope you like it! :)

Anyways MILKY COUPLE FIGHTING!