.good girls do cry.

When You Broke My Heart 2 (Sequel)

 

“Bom!!” the two of them exclaim. Bom hugged them and nodded at me. I smiled.

“So we have enough people now!” she smiled. Clapping her hand excitedly. She’s a real pretty. Almost as tall as TOP, I was the shortest. It really makes me feel like a high schooler. I sighed inwardly.

The next thing I know, we were playing treasure hunt. The three of them were energetic and high spirited. They sometime chatted in Korean and then laughed, making me feel like a total outsider and also a burden. When TOP looked at me, I tried my best to force a genuine smile. Each time, he will squeeze my hand lightly when I subconsciously distracted for a moment. Most of the time, Bom will looked at me and pretend that she’s not.

Jiyong was so excited that sometimes he will speak in Korean with then when he realizes his mistake, he’ll quickly apologize. I didn’t take any offense.

“They are announcing the winner!” Jiyong exclaimed excitedly when everyone gathered in front of the small hut-like building next to the river bank.

“Ahh.. I’m so nervous!!” Bom pouted cutely. TOP laughed at both of them and looked at adoringly. Giving me a smile and a light squeeze.

“You look so cute when your cheeks flushed,” he whispered in my ears. I smiled and poked him on the ribs. He just laughed and put his arm around my shoulder casually.

 When the President announce that the winner will win a beef steak seat and a dozen of beers, the crowd become wild.

“The winner is TOPBOM’s group!!!!!” the three of them shouted and high fived. Ignoring the pained at the back of my heart, I tried to look happy too. The crowd grunt in disappointment but congratulate us anyway.

For as long as I remember, the three of them were already on the stage receiving the prize leaving me behind among the crowd. Holding both guys hand, Bom fitted the scene just well. The crowds shouted and clapped. Somewhere in the crowd, there’s chanting of “TopBom TopBomTopBom”. I just stood there. Completely like an idiot. Trying to smile and clapping my hand just as the others did but the pain in my heart, started to become unbearable.

I tried to hold the tear but it just slipped from the corner of my eyes. my throat burned and suddenly a pair of hands cover my eyes and I start to sob silently.

“Faith, let’s go somewhere for a while,” Seungri’s soft voice made my tears streaming down faster than I could hold. Still covering my face, he lead me across the crowd who are still crazy over the winner. My sobbed become uncontrollable when finally Seungri uncovered my face.  We were under a shady tree, far from the crowd. We sat on the green grass.

I sobbed and bury my face between my knees. Seungri sat on the other side of the tree. Giving me some privacy.

I thought I can handle this but it was harder than I could. When the sobbed subsidies, Seungri clear his throat.

“You okay?” he asked me from the other side.

“I guess so,” I said. Wiping away the tears.

“Ahhh.. the guys were looking for you,” he stand next to me. Looking up, I saw his expression uncertain. I laughed. His expression becomes confused than ever.

“Did they?” I took a long breath and let out a sigh. I stretch before stand up next to Seungri.

“Yes they are. Especially Seunghyun. He was calling me at least for 100 times,” Seungri mocked the way TOP talked. I laughed.

“How long did I cried?” I asked him while fishing for my compact powder in my sling bag.

“er.. more than half an hour?” he thought for a moment. He looked cute though.

‘Really?” I asked surprised while I fixed my makeup.

“Nah.. I’m joking,” he laughed. I glared.

“Do I look okay now?” I asked Seungri. Forcing him to look at me. his face reddened.

“Ye.. yea.. yeah.. you… d..do,” he stutters. I rolled my eyes.

“Let’s go then. I’m hungry,” I urged him. Rolling his eyes now, he led me the way.

When we reached the place just now, there a two large circles where people playing musical chair. There were already some people who lose in the game. Surprisingly, Jiyong was one of them though. He looked irritated and tries to make the other lose too.

TOP was on the refreshment table with Daesung, Dara and Minzy. Seungri led me straight to them. As soon as he laid his eyes upon me, TOP stands and get to get me.

He hugged me. I was stunned. Seungri squeezed my arm and leave me with him.

“I am sorry. I am so sorry baby. I truly am,” he asked for forgiveness profusely while looking me in the eyes and kiss my forehead in between. “I shouldn’t have let Jiyong just pull me just now.”

He look terribly sorry. I feel sorry for him.

“It’s okay. I know you don’t mean it,” I laughed and squeezed his hand lightly. The silent secret code between us two. He looked at me in the eyes and sighed.

“You are too good for me.. I shouldn’t..” before he could finished, I cut him with slap on his arm. “Ouch!!! What’s that for???” he looked at me disbelievingly.

“For saying stupid things,” I looked at him sternly. He smiled and put his arm around my shoulder holding my tighter to him. “I bet you hungry after crying.”

“I did not cry!” I scoffed.

“She did!!!” Seungri exclaim when he heard it. Daesung and TOP laughed. I stick out my tongue towards Seungri who is eating happily all the strawberries on the fruits section.