when they surprise each other;

joyeux anniversaire; a(nother) drabble collection

            It’s been three years since the two have started dating and today just happened to be Winnie’s birthday. Night had fallen and snow had begun to lightly blanket Japan.

            The birthday girl was tired. Unbelievably tired. But she smiled brightly as Usui pulled up in his car to drive her home from work. He ruffled her hair lightly and her grin widened. But that was it. Strangely enough, the car ride was soaked in silence with Usui occasionally fidgeting around as he something Winnie couldn’t see. It became obvious by the time they arrived at their shared apartment that he was sweating.

            “Are you okay?” Winnie inquired. She was worried. “Are you sick?” She held up a hand to check his forehead but Usui slapped her away. Instantly, guilt washed over his features. 

            “Sorry.” He muttered. “I... didn’t mean to do that.”

            A bit crestfallen that he had reacted like that, Winnie looked away and inserted the key into the keyhole. With Usui behind her, she the light with a flick of her long fingers. What she saw made her gasp in surprise and delight. Their rosewood table was adorned with a velvet table cloth and on it, resided an expensive meal complete with wine and topped with romantic candles. The girl was speechless. “Is... is that...?”

            Usui nodded, a sheepish look on his face. “A romantic dinner is a good birthday present right?” 

            Winnie felt like jumping up and down. She squealed until Usui did something that almost made her choke. 

            He got down on one knee and plucked out a small velvet box that had been tucked into his sweater pocket. He swallowed nervously, hands shaking, and got down on one knee. “Will you marry me?” Usui looked up at Winnie hopefully. “I love you.”

            The latter felt tears well up in her eyes. “Of course! I love you too.” 

            Usui gently slid the ring onto Winnie’s ring finger and he sighed happily just as Winnie leaned down and whispered into his ear, “I have a gift for you too.” She winked as he looked at her in confusion. 

            Winnie patted her stomach and Usui’s jaw dropped as the realization dawned upon him. The former nodded. 

           “I’m pregnant.”


A/N: 

Ahahahaha I . There's one day left. Are you ready Winnie?