when he asked her out;

joyeux anniversaire; a(nother) drabble collection

            The petite girl woke up to the opening of One Piece serenading her. She sat upright on her bed with droopy eyes and limp shoulders. Her hand extended to her phone, charging on the floor and she took the call. Immediately, the voices shut up and there was a pause before a groggy, “Hello?” came from her pink lips.

            “Winnie!” Ellen exclaimed. “Where are you? The entrance ceremony is about to start! Are you ready for your first day as a second year in high school?” The other girl beamed through the phone as Winnie tilted her head to the left. And then to the right.

             “What?” She snapped out of her stupor and looked at her phone’s screen, searching for the time. 

            “Oh my god! The alarm didn’t go off!” And Winnie was off to the bathroom in a flash, leaving Ellen hanging and confused. 

...

            Fifteen excruciating minutes later, Winnie was out her house and running towards school. She and her family had moved over the break and she lived pretty close to her high school. It was within walking distance now but still, it was a long walk.  

            Ah, screw it. She thought mere seconds after she started running. There was no way she was going to make it anyway.

            “Need a ride?”

            Looking over to her left, Winnie found a sleek, silver bike pedaled by Usui, the beautiful boy she’d met on the train just over a year ago. Without even knowing it, her cheeks flushed a rosy pink and Winnie couldn’t hide the smile. He was just that hot. The girl opened to answer but no words came out.

            Usui chuckled at her reaction. “Just get on Winnie.” And so she did, almost toppling the bike in the process much to the boy’s amusement. 

            They rode to school like that with her arms wrapped tightly around him because of the way he would veer left and right just to make her scream in terror. And luckily for them, they arrived just as the school gates closed. 

            Winnie breathed a sigh of relief. “Thanks.” She murmured in gratitude, her eyes still avoiding his. 

            There was silence, and when she finally couldn’t take it anymore, Winnie looked up to meet his breath-taking green gaze. They stayed like there for a moment, and internally, the girl was confused. She couldn’t decipher what his eyes were trying to tell her.

            Until he reached down and grabbed her tiny wrists, wrapping them around his waist. “If you’re thankful...” He whispered into her ear, “... then go out with me.”


A/N:

Hey Winnie! ^o^ It's a crappy chapter, not my best, Cindy sincerely apologizes okay? Anyway, Merry Christmas!