BONUS I

Mistletoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6 | BONUS I

Shifting on the bed, Jiyong glanced over at the sleeping man next to him. Instead of rushing out of the bed, Jiyong cuddled the comforter tightly wrapped around him, sighing in content.

The room was already cooled off and the boy was seeking for every source of warmth. Tossing around on the bed, he poked his roommate, earning a low growl from the sleeping man. Jiyong tried his luck once again and this time poked his ribs. The guy tried to snatch whatever was bothering him away, hitting the air only.

“Hyung; I am cold!” Jiyong tried hard not to laugh when the man simply rolled on the bed, creating some space for the freezing student. Jiyong quickly jumped, sighing in relief.

“You know I am doing this only because it is the Christmas day, right?” Seunghyun glared down at the blonde teen and tried to fake a glare. In fact, he was pretty much enjoying every Christmas morning possible. If he could, he would name every day the Christmas day. Unfortunately, it was only once a year ad he had to satisfy with only one day having Jiyong in his bed. The younger was quite squishy and huggable. Seunghyun liked it.

Protecting the younger for years, Seunghyun was happy for having him near. He didn’t have to worry. Nothing except being kicked out of the bed was going to happen to Jiyong. Cuddling the plush, Seunghyun turned towards Jiyong and waved with a big grin spreading through his face.;

“Merry Christmas, Ji.” The younger silently muttered the reply, forcing Seunghyun into a fit of chuckles before he pulled him out of the bed and into the bathroom. They had a lot to do on the list and they were slowly running out of the time.

* * *

Untangling the lights, Jiyong glanced at the tall male. He was currently hanging mistletoe over the doorframe. Jiyong had no idea what got into Seunghyun to be that active on a Christmas day. He usually lazed around the house, not being into the traditions at all. It was not like he did not like it, because he did. All he wanted was an explanation, but he was not going to get one.

Not thinking about it anymore, Jiyong stood up and started hanging the lights above their beds. He always wanted to have lights in his room. It gave him a kind of solace and the feeling of safety. The light was soft and warm, comforting his soul. He loved it.

“Ji, we have to bake some cookies.”

The boy only nodded, unable of coherent reply and handed his hyung the last piece of the red decorative fabric. It had small jingle bells attached to it, ringing to every movement. Seunghyun smiled thankfully and hung it on the wardrobe. The already worn out furniture was almost unrecognizable after Seunghyun hung all possible decorations all over it. It was true that they did not have a Christmas tree, but it was still beautiful.

The boys retrieved to the kitchen and Jiyong started to pull out the baking supplies. He wanted to bake some cookies or maybe a cake. Seunghyun asking him to bake something startled the poor boy to the extent of nearly spilling all the milk on the floor. Seunghyun took the bottle from his hands, adding it to the flour.

The whole apartment was bathing in silence until Seunghyun disappeared and Jiyong could hear the notoriously known melody of the old Christmas songs. Seeing Seunghyun who waltzed into the kitchen with reindeer’s nose and horns on his head; Jiyong bust into fits of laughter. The elder man bowed his head and nudged Jiyong’ arm.

“Could I get a little bit of the mixture over there, mister?” Seunghyun looked over at the dough longingly and let out a sound more similar to a dying dinosaur than a reindeer.

“And can reindeers eat that? I mean, it is pretty sweet. The reindeer could hurt its gums and teeth.”

Seunghyun shot the younger an annoyed glare and Jiyong couldn’t hold back the chuckles. With a loud sigh, he dabbed the scoop into the brownish mixture and handed it to the ecstatic deer.

Ignoring the man who was currently munching on the sweet good, Jiyong continued with baking. It was something he loved doing and was good at. He loved to spend time in the kitchen with Seunghyun entreating for getting at least a little bit of whatever Jiyong was currently mixing. He could swear; the man was horrible at cooking but excelling in eating.

“Ji, do you know why does Santa Claus always go down the chimney?”

Bewildered, Jiyong turned towards the man, eyeing him suspiciously. There was something fishy going on and Jiyong was determined to find out even under the threat to waste such a perfect day.

Jiyong stopped in tracks, thinking about what he had just thought about. The day was perfect and Jiyong was aware that it was only and only thanks to Seunghyun who made an effort and actually did something. The guy who practically despised Christmas was now walking around dressed like a reindeer, eating like a Santa Claus and cracking silly jokes. And Jiyong was grateful for it.

“No, I do not.”

Seunghyun grinned and plopped a candy in his mouth. “Well, because it soots him.”

Jiyong’ eyes widened in disbelieve and he let out a startled chuckle. The joke was lame and old. The fact that Seunghyun himself was feeding him Christmas jokes amazed Jiyong. The man surprised Jiyong once again when he stood up and started to dance and sing the carol on the top of his lungs.

Reaching out, Seunghyun pulled Jiyong closer to him, twirling them to the slow melody. They made few pirouettes, making them both dizzy and they had to stop for a moment. Seunghyun leaned onto the counter, watching the younger man. He was only standing there, squeezed in their small kitchen, practically on his chest, arms crossed, being deep in his thoughts. Seunghyun knew what was bothering his best friend and decided to break the secret to his friend.

“Ji, do you have a scenario for a perfect Christmas day?”

Shocked, Jiyong shook his head. He scolded himself for answering too soon and being too eager but it couldn’t be undone. It was true; he did have a plan prepared for the Christmas day. He wrote it out of boredom, leaving it on the table in the middle of the mess. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter