T a e Y o u n g

SHINee-centric

The first time he confessed to her, it was by phone.

"J-jiyoung-ah...  Ilikeyou." He inwardly hit himself as he realized he had rushed the last part, the important part.

"Pardon?"

"Jiyoung-ah...  IlikeyouIreallydo." Again, he rushed.

"Taemin-oppa, I can't hear what you're trying to say." Jiyoung giggled.  Taemin sighed as he listened.  He loved listening to Jiyoung giggle, as weird as that sounded.  "Taemin-oppa?  Are you there?"

"A-Ah, yeh..."

"If you don't speak clearly, I'll hang up you know.  I need to go over the choreography one more time with my unnies; we're having a comeback soon, you know?  And-"

"I like you, Jiyoung-ah!  W-will you be my girlfriend?" interrupted Taemin suddenly.  There was silence on the other side of the phone.  "J-jiyoung-ah?"

"You're not fooling around are you?"

Taemin was hurt by her comment.  "No...  I'm serious.  I seriously like you, romantically."  There was another pause before Taemin heard Gyuri in the background shouting at Jiyoung to "get off the darn phone and practice."

"Oppa, I'll reply to you later, okay?  I need to think things over a bit."

"Tha-that's fine.  Take your time!  I'llspeaktoyoulaterokay?" He inwardly swore at himself for rushing again.

Smooth, Taemin...  Smooth.

---

The next day, Taemin woke up to a text from Kara's maknae.

<< Oppa, sorry for taking so long to think up a reply!  After thinking long and hard about it, I think I'll have to reject you, sorry!  I need to focus on Kara's comeback...  But we'll still be good friends, right? (>___<;;) >>

Taemin inwardly sighed.  "It must've been because I wasn't very suave and oppa-like with my confession..." he mumbled before typing out a reply.

<< Don't worry about it, Jiyoung-ah! ^^  Of course we can still be friends! ^^  I'd be much more heartbroken if we stopped our friendship over something as silly as this...  I'll talk to you later, okay? >>

---

A few days later, they met up again at a PC Bang.  They were sitting next to each other watching a drama on the computer.

"Ah, I want someone cool like Jinho-oppa to be my boyfriend!" Jiyoung mumbled dreamily as the two finished watching the last episode of "Personal Taste."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, I mean...  A few episodes back, he confessed to her in person by kissing her full-on the lips!  And there were even a few people around!  He's pretty cool~" continued Jiyoung dreamily as she clasped her hands together in typical daydreaming-fangirl fashion.

"Oh...  Really..." Taemin smiled outwardly.  Inwardly, he was concocting a plan to become a new, cooler Taemin.

---

The second time he confessed to her, it was by text.

<< Jiyoung-ah~!  Did you see our comeback performance?  Weren't SHINee-oppas cool? ^^ >>

<< Yes, SHINee-oppas were very cool!  "Loverholic, robotronic, loverholic, robotronic~" >>

<< Was Taemin-oppa the coolest? >>

<< Well...  Onew-oppa was looking pretty cool... ;] >>

<< T__T >>

<< I'm kidding!  Of course, Taemin-oppa looked the coolest!  Although, it's funny, because your hair's longer then Seungyeon-unnie's hair ^^ >>

<< Well then...  Since Taemin-oppa looked the coolest...  Would you become Taemin-oppa's girlfriend? >>  There was no response.  "Oh no, did I mess up somehow?" Taemin mumbled inwardly to himself as he sent another text.  << Jiyoung-ah, I still like you...  You know? >>

"Taemin, we're going to an after party...  Are you coming?" Jonghyun asked from outside the dressing room.

"Ah, yeh!  Give me a few minutes to get out of the stage clothing and remove my make up, alright?" Taemin stared at his cellphone again before sighing and getting changed.  After he had removed all his make up and had switched into casual clothing, he checked his phone again to find one new message waiting for him.  He smiled as he ran out of the dressing room door and followed behind the rest of the SHINee members.  Once in the group's van, he checked the message.

<< Sorry, oppa!  ^^;;  Even though you certainly did look the coolest...  I still have to reject you, sorry!  I'll let you in on a secret though, Kara's coming back in November! ^^  Maybe I'll catch you backstage and we can hang? ^^ >>

"Taemin, are you groaning back there?  Did you hurt yourself?"

---

The two maknaes met up again at another PC Bang.  This time, they were finishing the drama, "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho."

"Aw~" Jiyoung began as she wiped a tear from her eye.  "I want someone as sweet as Daewoong-oppa for a boyfriend.  Look at him~"

"Oh... Really?"

---

The third time he confessed to her, it was in person.  They were both backstage, both having finished performing.

"It's been a while since we've both been on stage at the same time, hm?" Taemin smiled.  "I quite like your new song, Jumping , by the way."

Jiyoung laughed.  "I like Hello a lot too, Taemin-oppa."

Taemin smiled.  "Was I the sweetest SHINee member?  Designing a toy for my pretend lover?"

"I think the toy idea was cute," she agreed with a giggle.

Taemin cleared his throat.  "Jiyoung-ah, could you do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Close your eyes and you'll find out~"  The younger girl obliged and closed her eyes.  Taemin left the room quickly before coming back with a box and a bouquet of flowers.  "You can open them now, Jiyoung-ah."

Jiyoung gasped as she noticed the presents in Taemin's outstretched hands.  He gave her the box first and nudged her to open it.  Tentatively, she opened the box and found the same toy from SHINee's music video.  "Is this-"

"It is," Taemin interrupted as he got down on one knee and held up the bouquet of roses.  "Jiyoung-ah...  I know I've messed up my confessions before, but allow me to confess to you again.  I like you, Jiyoung-ah.  Would you be my girlfriend?"

Jiyoung's eyes went wide as a blush spread through her cheeks.  She nodded, "Yes, I will, oppa.  I'd be honored."

Taemin's eyes mirrored Jiyoung's as they also widened.  "Wait...  Did you just agree?  Yeh?  YES.  Sweet Taemin won you over, I suppose?"

Jiyoung laughed.  "What do you mean?"

"Well," Taemin fidgeted nervously.  "You never accepted my previous confessions before."

Now it was Jiyoung's turn to fidget.  "A-actually...  That's because you never confessed to me in person, that's all.  I didn't want to accept a confession over the phone or by text!  Gyuri-unnie said it would be...  Unromantic." Jiyoung covered her face as she blushed.

Taemin laughed weakly.  "Wow...  So that's it?"  Jiyoung nodded.  "It's because of Gyuri-noona?"

Jiyoung nodded again.  "Sorry...  Truth is, I would have accepted your first proposal, but...  I guess Gyuri-unnie has a point.  It is much more romantic to be confessed to in person than through phone or text."

Taemin pouted.  "I guess that's true...  Plus, I wouldn't be able to do this in person."  And with that said, Taemin wrapped Jiyoung in a tight hug.  "I like you, Kang Jiyoung."

"I like you too, Lee Taemin."


Author's Note:  The end.  That's it.  Short and sweet, eh?  Thank you for reading this far (if you did) ^^  If you read all five drabbles, which one was your favorite?  I don't usually write fluff-ish things, but I'm trying to write more light-hearted stuff...  So if these five one-shots were weird...  Yeah.  Haha.  Anyways, thank you for reading~~~ *bows*