J o n g S i c a

SHINee-centric

"You know, now that the whole 'Shin Sekyung scandal'-thing is over, you should just ask her out."  Key suggested one morning.  He and Jonghyun had just been woken up by SHINee's maknae (who had since left and was currently attempting to wake up Onew and Minho).

 
Jonghyun glared at Key; it was way too early in the morning for this.  "Yah, I don't know what you're talking about!"
 
Key scoffed, "Uh huh...  You know, the way you stare at her makes it really obvious.  I still don't know why you accepted Shin Sekyung when you obviously had, and still have, feelings for someone else."
 
Jonghyun adjusted his covers so that they were over his head.  "I still don't know what you're talking about.  Young boys like you should watch their mouths."
 
"Yah, Jonghyun...  I'm only, like, one age apart from you!" Key clicked his tongue as he began going through his drawers.  "Anyways, for a subject matter that you supposedly have no idea about, you're acting rather touchy."
 
Jonghyun threw a pillow at the younger man.  "Whatever, Key..."
 
"Ask.  Her.  Out."
 
"Shut.  Up."
 
---
 
That night, while the rest of the members still had individual schedules, Jonghyun and Minho were eating jjajjangmyeon by themselves.  Jonghyun was reading a comic book when he got distracted by Minho's stare.
 
"What?"
 
"You know...  Since you and Sekyung-noona are over now, I think it'd be okay if you-"
 
"Have you been talking with Key?"
 
"Eh?"
 
"I suggest you hold your tongue, Choi Minho."
 
Minho opened his mouth as if to say something, thought better of it, and then continued eating his noodles.  "So...  What comic book are you reading there, hyung?"
 
---
 
"Hyung, I think you should ask Jessica-noona out."
 
"What?!?  Taeminnie?  Even you?" Jonghyun held his hand to his heart as if he was having a heart attack.  It was the next morning and the SHINee members were eating cereal together.  Key snickered next to Jonghyun until he noticed Jonghyun's harsh glare in his direction.
 
"Well, I mean...  She's available, you're available...  You guys have a lot of chemistry..." Taemin began counting on his fingers as he bit his lip, deep in thought.
 
"What is this chemistry you speak of?" Jonghyun lied.  "I don't have any idea what you're talking about.
 
"Come on now, Jonghyun...  We're not blind." Onew laughed.  "You always seek her out after an SM Town concert, she's the only girl in your phone that has a nickname, and don't think we don't notice the stares you give her."
 
Key snickered again.  "I told you the stares were obvious."
 
Jonghyun smacked Key on the back before excusing himself.  He needed to practice his vocals before he went crazy, stuck in the SHINee dorm with a bunch of match-making members who didn't know when to mind their own businesses.
 
---
 
He was sweating for no reason, and he knew that.
 
He was hyperventilating for no reason, and he knew that.
 
And yet...  Why was it that just by staring at her practicing SNSD choreography, he happened to breathe harder and break out in a cold sweat?  And why was he standing outside the dance practice room anyways?  He said he was going to vocal practice and, last time Jonghyun checked, vocal practice was nowhere near the dance room.
 
"Damn, it's all the members' fault." he mumbled to himself as he remembered what had just taken place moments earlier.  Set on going to the recording studio, Jonghyun had made his way into the SM building when he heard Japanese lyrics flowing from somewhere upstairs.  Curious, he slowly walked up the stairs only to be met with a solo Jessica, singing and dancing her heart out to "Mr. Taxi" in the practice room.  Thus, for the past ten minutes, he had been staring at her through the door window.  Jonghyun inwardly berated himself, "What are you doing?  You're like a stalker...  A suh-talk-er!  SUH-TALK-ER!  GRAH.  To think that Kim Flipping Jonghyun would sink as low as to-"
 
"What the heck are you doing, raptor?"
 
Jonghyun jumped as his inner thoughts got interrupted.  He hadn't noticed it, so caught up in his own thoughts, but Jessica had seen him creeping and had opened the door.
 
"What's the matter?  Cat got your tongue?" she teased as she playfully smacked his arm.
 
"God, Sica, owww~  That hurt!  You been working out lately?" He joked with a weak smile as he held his arm in mock pain.
 
"No, but it seems like you have.  Yah, your arms are like rocks now!" Jessica proceeded to then pat his arm muscles with feigned envy.  Jonghyun gulped.  Even something as innocent as patting was starting to seem romantic to him.  What was up with that?
 
The truth was, Jonghyun knew what was up with himself.  He knew it the minute Shin Sekyung broke up with him.  He knew it even as his fellow SHINee members had .
 
"Why so quiet, raptor?"
 
Even her childish nickname for him made him blush slightly.
 
"Raptor?"
 
"I guess this is what people call 'love.'  Aish..." he whispered to himself.
 
"Pardon?"
 
"Nothing, Sica~"  He couldn't confess right now though.  Not when the Sekyung scandal had just blown over.  Jessica might think he was only looking for a rebound and god knows that wasn't what he was looking for at all.
 
"Anyways, what were you doing out there?  Peeking at me through the door window?"  Jessica laughed, and it sounded as light as the sound of wind blowing through wind chimes.  "Are you a stalker now, raptor?  Should I change your nickname?"
 
Jonghyun scoffed.  "Why would I be stalking you, Sica?  Aish, all that time spent in Japan and away from me must have made you miss me~  Did you miss me, Sica?"
 
Jonghyun noticed a slight blush appear on her cheeks.
 
"And why would I miss you, raptor?  Of all people?"
 
Forget it, consequences be damned.  He'd confess to her today.  "Is that a challenge, Sica?"
 
"Maybe it is, maybe it isn't...  Are you going to answer the question if it is?"
 
"Maybe."
 
"Then it is a challenge."
 
"Because you love me.  And you know that I love you too."

Author's Note: As aforementioned...  Short, short, short~