O n R a

SHINee-centric

When Onew first heard the news that B2ST's Junhyung and Kara's Hara were dating, he had to do a double take.  "Wh-what?  Nah...  That can't be true...  I-I'll wait for the companys' confirmations first before jumping to conclusions..." he murmured to himself as he browsed various Korean news sites.

 
Even though he stated that, Onew couldn't help but ignore the text messages that came from a certain Kara member.
 
---
 
The second time Onew heard the news that B2ST's Junhyung and Kara's Hara were dating, this time from the mouth of one of s, Onew did a spittake.
 
"Ew, that's gross, hyung!" Jonghyun sputtered out as he grabbed a paper towel and wiped at his face.  "Control your water intake, man!"
 
Onew gasped as he placed his glass of water onto the counter.  "Sorry, I didn't mean to do that," he said apologetically as he helped the younger man clean up.  "It's just...  I mean...  It's not like their companies have confirmed anything right?  It's all still netizens' speculation, right?"
 
Jonghyun stared at Onew and sighed.  "I guess you didn't hear, hyung, but Cube and DSP  both confirmed the rumors.  It's been confirmed that the two have been dating for about a month."
 
Onew kept silent as he dumped his glass into the sink.
 
"Hyung?  Are you alright?"
 
**Hey hey 거기 mister~**
 
"Hyung, is that...?"
 
"I'm...  Gonna take this call in my room..."
 
---
 
"Yah, thanks for ignoring my texts yesterday."  Onew could almost see her pouting in front of him while saying this.
 
"Well...  I'm taking your call now."
 
"I can see that."
 
"..."
 
"You're not going to say anything?  You're not going to get mad and rage at me?  Demand answers?  Plead with me to stay with you and not go with him?"
 
"..."
 
"Jinki?"
 
He took a deep breath as he chose his words carefully.  "What do you want me to say?  What am I supposed to say?"
 
"Yah Jin-"
 
"I can't believe it...  For a month...  You've been lying to me?"  He hated himself for allowing his voice to crack at the last word.
 
"Yah, Lee Jinki-"
 
"Don't 'Lee Jinki' me!  I-I feel so used!"
 
"Will you shut up for a second, oppa?  Geez!"  Taken aback at her words, he shut up.  "Oppa, as much as I like your feisty, jealous side...  Allow me to tell you that the rumors are pretty much untrue.  False.  There's nothing there."
 
"W-what?"  He mentally hit himself for allowing his voice to crack again.
 
"Our companies thought this 'relationship' would help B2ST and Kara gain more publicity.  After all, with B2ST advancing into the Japanese market and Kara getting over the lawsuit-controversy...  Cube and DSP thought this was a good idea.  It's all a publicity stunt, if you will."
 
He scratched his head.  "But why you, Hara?"
 
There was a sigh on the other end of the phone.  "It's silly reasoning, really.  Jiyoungie's too young, and the rest of the members are single.  Since I already have a boyfriend, they thought I'd be the best at acting like a good girlfriend.  Junhyung-sshi's reasoning was the same too; he has a girlfriend so they thought he'd be the best B2ST member at acting like a good boyfriend."
 
"..."
 
"Jinki?"
 
Onew let out a breath that he didn't realize he'd been holding.  "You..."
 
"Yes, oppa?"
 
"Don't fall in love with him for real, alright?"
 
"Hahaha, don't worry, oppa!  I'll only love you, now and forever."
 
Onew blushed at her words.  "Hara, you..."
 
"Saranghae, oppa~"
 
"S-Saranghae..."

Author's Note: Well, just an FYI...  All five chapters are going to be rather... Short.  Eheheh.  Thank you for taking the time to read~