[4] Recollect

Under The Cherry Blossom Tree

Oh I didn't clean the house and everything is going to be a mess holy crap this kid is going to judge me and laugh at me stupid Sehun why would you invite someone to your house -

"Your house is really nice, Sehun-shi! Should I take my shoes off at the door?"

STUPID SEHUN LOOK AT THAT MESSY KITCHEN COUNTER OH GOD IS THAT MOULD FORMING?

"...Sehun-shi?"

Wait, what?

Sehun stood there, blinking for a good five seconds before snapping back to reality. Right. Fight. Invite. House. Heh. .

"Wha..? Yeah it'd be great if you can take off your shoes and place it near the shoe rack? Sorry, my house is a total mess." Sehun scratched the back of his head with a sheepish smile.

Please please please don't notice the kitchen....

Tick, tock. Luhan stood at the door with his shoes off, looking worriedly at Sehun. "Sehun-shi, are you mad at me? I'm really sorry you got hurt because of me! Please don't hate me!" Luhan bowed a full 90 degrees towards the dumbfounded male. Said male was even more flustered and panicked.

" No no! I was just praying that you wouldn't ever notice the mould on my counter... I SAID IT OUT LOUD? Calm. Sehunnie, you have been practicing calm for years. Breathe in, breathe out. Phew. Okay. As I was saying, only Jongin has ever been inside my house and he's a messy person so he's able to deal with it but -urg this is sooooooooo embarassing- I have a messy house and I apologize for inviting you over when I was totally unprepared, I made you come all the way here to a dumpster!"

Soft giggles emitted from the small male, and said male playfully poked Sehun in the ribs. Only, that rib just got brutally pounded on by burly men. Sehun let out an indignant squeak and curled up into a ball at the door.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry!" Luhan panicked, " Let me help clean your wounds, Saviour-nim! Where is your first aid kit and where can you comfortably rest on while I tend to your wounds?"

- 40 minutes later -

" Done! All patched up Sehun-shi!" Luhan smiled until his sparkly eyes formed into cresents, hands formed into a position for a high five. Oddly enough, Luhan's outstretched arms threw his balance off and the tiny ball of happiness fell face forward...into Sehun's chest.

Ba-dump. Ba-dump. 

A deep chuckle unconsciously left Sehun's throat and he instinctively patted Luhan's head as if he were a kitten. Sehun didn't know what had possessed over him, but as he lifted Luhan off his still-aching body, the most genuine of smiles formed on his face and the words that left his mouth took him by surprise, too.

" Let's start over. Hi, my name is Oh Sehun. Nice to meet you, Luhan. Would you like to be friends with me?" 

 

 

--- 

" Jongin, please kindly shut the hell up. I am only here because I have absolutely no other choice. I still hate you. Don't ever forget that."

Jongin turned his head away as his ex-best friend repeated these painful words.

Two years ago, Kyungsoo was once his friend. 

Not anymore.

Two years ago, a misunderstanding lead to a huge rift between the two, however, Jongin never once got to explain himself to Kyungsoo. Result? Jongin was deeply hurt and ditched school for the rest of the year. He met Sehun on the balcony one day and poured his heart out to a very bored Sehun, a mere stranger to him. Sehun didn't talk much back then but at least he had the decency to hear him out (Okay Sehun may have looked like he wanted to just run away because Jongin was being a little bit too emotional, but still...). 

Day by day, Jongin talked to Sehun more. The awkward Sehun and the outgoing Jongin were apparently made to form a very strong friendship. Inspired by Sehun's top-of-the-class grades, Jongin worked hard to get placed into Sehun's class for the next school year. He begged the principal, swearing on his heart that if he and Sehun were put in the same class, he would never skip for the rest of his middle school life. Jongin was a man of his words. That year, even when he came down with a high fever, Jongin still made his way to school and attempted to take notes. Attempted to, because Jongin fainted within an hour of class and had to be driven to the hospital by the principal himself.

Jongin studied day and night, night and day for the year-end placement exams. Even though Jongin's exam results were not worthy of being placed in the A-division of their grade, the principal was very touched by Jongin's efforts. He made Jongin an exception and entered Jongin into Class 7A along with Oh Sehun. That day, the stubborn Kim Jongin was finally acknowledged as Oh Sehun's only friend - and best friend.

Jongin had found himself a new companion, but Sehun would never be able to replace Kyungsoo; it'd be unfair to. Each were special in their own ways, and each held an important place Jongin's heart. 

Jongin would be lying to himself if the past two years being so close, yet so distant from Kyungsoo didn't kill him from the inside out. 

He adored and cherished Kyungsoo like no other. If only he could talk to Kyungsoo like before again...

 

----

 

A/N : hi idk what i'm writing anymore but thanks for dropping by! IS THIS TOO TYPICAL AND CLICHE IF IT IS I'M SO SORRY I'LL TRY AND CHANGE ;___; 

-ch0cocat