[1] There's a New Beginning

Under The Cherry Blossom Tree

"Here's to another year," he grumbles, "just a little more and I can get the out of this place."

Sehun never really liked school. Throughout middle school, Sehun only managed to make one friend - Kim Jongin. Only Jongin was patient enough to understand Sehun. 

Girls are too annoying, they come up to you, bat their stupid false eyelashes and go 'Oppa~~~' and try to be your friend and seduce you and . But really, they just wanted to copy my homework... Ahhh it being the top student. Sehun kicks the leaves and petals as he walks towards the school.

But the guys are so annoying too! They always want to do stupid like lighting up a piece of paper and pretending it's a cigarette to look cool to get girls to go out with them. Love is stupid. Relationships are stupid. Therefore, they are also stupid. Jongin is the only one smart enough to not "love" anyone enough to do stupid things to annoy me. 

Smack! Right on the back of his shoulderSehun sputters and chokes on his spit. "Okay who the fu-"

"Sup Sehunnie!!!" 

Sehun felt an arm wrap around his shoulder and groaned. "Jongin....."

" C'mon Sehun, let's start off the year with something different! We're freshmen in HIGH SCHOOL now!" 

" Whatever Jongin, there's nothing new because it's just the same classmates in a different building," Sehun rolled his eyes and sighed as his dear friend who messed up his hair dragged the two to their homeroom.

" Who knows? Maybe everything will be different in a different building?" Jongin mused out loud, not the least bit surprised to receive a raised eyebrow from Sehun, " Always expect the unexpected, yeah?"


 Sehun walked to his seat in accordance to the old seating plan from middle school - only to find it occupied by someone else.

" Kim Jongdae. Get out of my seat." He met eyes with the class troll. " Sunsaengnim didn't put you there on seating plan yet; what gives you the right to sit here? I want to sit here this year!" 

Why do I have to deal with this ? It's only the first day of the year and it's already like this...

Their classmates were all glancing at their direction, hoping for a fight to occur so that class would be shortened, even if it's just by a miniscule amount. Their wishes were short-lived, however, as their teacher walked in and stood in front of the class. The entire class faced the front and bowed simultaneously.

" Miss Yoon here. Alright freshmen, we're going to do something different this year. Instead of everyone sitting in their individual desks by themselves, I want you guys to join two tables together, right now."

The classroom is suddenly filled with screeches of chairs and tables scraping across the floor, but within five minutes, four neatly organized rows of paired tables were made.

" Now, pay attention before you sit down. Instead of giving you the luxury of choosing who to sit next to for the oncoming school year, I will decide the seating arrangements at the end of this week. Until then, you may find a partner to sit beside, I repeat, for the end of this week. If, IF, I can see that you and your partner are able to work very efficiently and quietly, I might decide to let you stay with them. Go!" 

Excited whispers turned into open laughter as everyone scrambled to find their friend to sit with. Sehun could only stand in terror as he realized what this meant for him.

" OH, by the way, I thought I should mention this," Sehun noticed an amused glint in his teacher's eyes, " the person I assign beside you will be your designated project partner for the rest of the year, no exceptions. Choose wisely." 

"Yah Sehun! Sit with me!" Jongin gestured to his their seats, grinning widely. " Nothing can go wrong with sitting with your only friend right?"

Here's the reason why Sehun had a right to be scared to sit beside Jongin: according to class rankings, Sehun is at the very top, while Jongin is at the bottom of the class.

"Second-to-last of the class, excuse you."  Jongin hissed to a wide-eyed Sehun, " I already know what you're thinking but seriously I need you to help me study Sehunnie! "  Sehun's face cringed as Jongin contorted his face to look like a starved puppy. " And Sehun you can't get along with anyone else but me so it's a win-win situation!"

Sehun paused as he tried to imagine working with any other student in the classroom, only to shudder at the thought and shake his head in defeat. 

" Urgh. Fine. Don't you dare cause us trouble or we're screwed." 

 

 


 

A/N: Well, that was the first chapter. I know it might sound really boring so bear with me :( I'm still learning how to write stories because writers here inspire me so much. 

Hehe, I'm super good at READING stories; not writing them! ^-^