[2] Judgement Day

Under The Cherry Blossom Tree

Today is Friday. Judgment Day. Day of which Sehun's fate for the rest of the year resides.

Somehow I have a bad feeling about today...

Sehun yawned and stretched his back as he sat up from his bed, his eyebags clearly indicating the lack of sleep. The past week was absolute hell for him. Sehun lived in nervousness of whether Jongin would accidentally up and talk too loudly, or if his snores were way too obvious for the teacher, or if Jongdae had some troll- plan to screw Sehun over for his own amusement.

"Please be okay please be okay please be okay,' Sehun uttered a silent prayer as he brushed his teeth and got ready for school.

 

Sehun, still half-asleep, walked through his neighborhood park, stomping on the leaves and loving the crunchy sound it makes. Ah...how great is it to have a quiet, pleasant walk before school starts!

And of course, like always, Sehun's happiness is always short lived. 

" No please! Let me go!" 

"Ah, but you're so cute! Can I please have your number?"

Sehun walked towards the commotion, slightly pissed off that his morning had gotten ruined so soon.

"What the why are you guys so loud?" Sehun put on his I-really-don't-give-a--unless-you-mess-with-me look. "What's going on?" 

The small male, clearly the one looking for an escape, looked at Sehun with pleading eyes. Sehun got the hint; although he never really made friends with anyone else, it didn't mean he was cold hearted and liked watching people get harassed. 

Sehun lifted up his sleeve to look at the watch. "Hey, isn't it almost time for class? What are you guys still doing here?" 

The small male shot Sehun a thankful look before scurrying away.

Suddenly, Sehun snapped out of his half-asleep mode and stood there in shock. That kid... he's in my class.

Every student was silent as Miss Yoon walked into the classroom. Not a single speck of dust was on anyone's uniform, and everybody was sitting up completely straight on their seats. Miss Yoon almost laughed seeing the tension and fear in her students' eyes. 

" So the end of the week has arrived. Are you guys all ready for your seating plan arrangements?"

The entire class nodded firmly.

"I can see that everyone has worked hard, but because all my assignments are partner projects, I want to make it fair for everybody. I don't want one person to be doing all the work, so I decided most of you can keep your current arrangements."

The students excitedly cheer and hug their partners in glee, YESSSSSSS! We did it!

"Except for the certain students I am about to call." The teacher locked eyes with Sehun.

Hold the up.. it can't be...

"Because Oh Sehun is always at the top of the class, he must make the rest of you feel burdened, right?" The class nods in agreement.  "Well then I have found a perfect solution!"

The next few words rang in Sehun's head as if it were slow motion.

"Oh Sehun, please switch seats with Do Kyungsoo."

Shrieks of "WHAT!!! NO I DON'T WANT TO" came from both parties, and Sehun could only sit there in horror, his only thoughts were how the hell do I talk to someone else other than Jongin??????

The other two students, namely Jongin and Kyungsoo, involved in this ordeal locked eyes and shared a hateful stare at each other, almost as if there was hatred from the past, but Sehun's partner refused to meet his eyes.

"Because Sehun is at the number one spot, and Kyungsoo is at the number two spot from the top of the class, it is only fair that Jongin who is second from the bottom to go with Kyungsoo, and our newest student who is unfamiliar with anything to go with Sehun. Don't you agree, class?" 

The class nodded their heads fervently, thankful that they were not part of this seating change.

"That's settled then! Here's your first partner assignment, have fun!" Miss Yoon smiles as she hands out the criteria for the assignment. "Since it's your first assignment, I will give you one weeks time to learn more about your partner for the year, and another week to work on the assignment. If you guys happen to finish early, then you will be allowed to have free period until the assignments from everyone are handed in. Do I make myself clear?" 

Yes Miss Yoon! The students responded, already 'getting to know' their new friend.

Meanwhile... Sehun could only frown and look back at Jongin forlornly as he picked up his backpack. Jongin returned the sad stare and put his hands around his neck, pretending to choke himself to death. "Good luck, bestie. I'll always be here, on the phone for you to text about your sorrows on the other side of the room Sehun. Only thing I ask in return is that you do the same for me pal..." 

Sehun grunted and waved his phone at puppy-eyed Jongin, acknowledging that he was prepared to respond anytime- discreetly, of course. He groaned one more time before getting up from his current seat to move to Kyungsoo's.  His partner still refused to look up, Sehun would have thought he was asleep if he had not heard him weakly say goodbye to Kyungsoo.

Well, this is it. Here's my hell for the rest of the year... Sehun plopped down on his chair, face instantly glued to his desk as he sighed at his depressing day. 

At the sound of movement, Sehun's new partner jumped slightly and finally turned to lock eyes with Sehun. Both their eyes widened.

It's the kid from this morning...

 

 


a/n: hi!! here's an update before I drag myself to work ^^ hope you like it