[3] Acquainted

Under The Cherry Blossom Tree

"I .. you.. this morning.." His classmate stuttered, blushing and starting fiddling with his fingers. " I just- ..."

Sehun, slightly amused by his antics, raised his eyebrows and kept his poker face on.

"Th- Thank you!" He blurted, a little bit too loudly however, because he ended up blushing even harder. 

Just what on earth is this kid...

" Oh Sehun."

" Wha-? " 

"So that you know my name. However I don't prefer to speak to any one other than Jongin, so that's all I'll say to you for the rest of the year. Just give me your name and let me do the projects by myself. I don't trust other people to ruin my grades." 

The small male blinked in confusion. His lips started to form what looked like a pout and his eyes started to glisten.

"Name."

"L- Luhan is my name... But we're partners! I can't just leave you alone to do the assignments!"

"Listen, last place student." Sehun started to get irritated. What kind of idiot is this? People would gladly let me do all the work and get an A+. " I am done talking to you."

Luhan's lips formed a frown; his shoulders slumped downwards as he rested his tiny face on the desk. 

 


Create a poster of an animal that comes to your mind. The animal's characteristics must resemble both you and your partner. Aside from finding an animal, you must also describe in detail of how such characteristics are like your partner. This is an oral presentation. The grading components are as follows: 

15 points: At least three or more characteristics mentioned for each partner, description of these characteristics are crucial in order to get good grades on this component.

15 points: Visuals. Poster must be neatly organized and easy to interpret or read off of. (Yes, Miss Yoon knows when you stick pieces of paper on 10 minutes before class starts. Make it look nice!)

20 points: Oral presentation. Partner A should describe the characteristics of Partner B with confidence, and vice versa. 

PS: Miss Yoon also knows if one person does the whole project by themself. Hence, the total marks of both partners will be totalled and averaged. Each partner gets the exact same mark, so make sure your partner does well too!


Sehun was practically seething with anger and strangled Miss Yoon in his head multiple times as he read over the assigment details. She wasn't ing kidding about 'getting to know each other'. . This means I actually HAVE to talk to Luhan, and long enough that I can describe him? What on earth... This is SO elementary school... And I said all those things to him too, UGH.

The bell rings. With one last glance at his new partner, Sehun packs his bag and walks out the door, deciding to wait for Jongin at the school gate. Just then, his phone vibrates with a text saying, " Yo Sehun. I got into the dance club! Don't wait for me! -KimJongKai :) "

Sehun shrugged and decided to talk the scenic route home, thinking about making a detour to a beautiful park near the Han River and start reading the new book he bought from the bookstore. John Green! Looking For Alaska had such great reviews, I'm so glad they finally got this book in Korea!" Sehun grinned just thinking about diving into the fictional world. 

Sehun went to the nearby Starbucks and bought a Caramel Brulee Latte before walking to find a park bench to sit on. Just as he was about to open the cover of the book, he heard a soft scream of "Help!" and instinctively ran towards the location. (Sehun has a good heart. He just learned to assume the worst out of people and situations.)

Luhan was surrounded by three guys, all obviously taller and more intimidating than anything he's ever imagined. One of the boys, Sehun realized, was the same one from this morning. Luhan's tears were threatening to pour out of his eyes as he crouched under the tree, his small frame looking more delicate and fragile than ever. 

'Hey kid! You're so pretty! Why don't you come and play with us hmm? We'll make sure you enjoy it as much as we do ' One of the men grabbed Luhan's chin to tilt up his face. 

'Hyung, why are you hesistating? He's so small he can't do anything against us!' The second man grabbed Luhan's arms into a strong hold, and the third man held onto his legs.

"No please let me go!" Luhan started sobbing and tried desperately to free himself. "I don't want to go with you!"

The scene was more than what Sehun could handle. Before even Sehun realized it, he had ran up to the guy holding Luhan's legs and performed a flying back kick to the head. That man was instantly knocked out. 

'Who the are you? GET HIM!' 

The remaining two that had their hands on Luhan dropped him, and ran towards Sehun and started to throw punches and kicks. One man hit Sehun on the cheek, and Sehun felt blood coming out of the corner of his mouth. Sehun instantly retaliated by colliding his knee into the gut of the man, and used the recoil to charge up another kick that pushed him away. 

Feeling something move in the corner of his eye, Sehun ducked and swept his legs in a circular motion, successfully tripping another man and managed to land a blow to his nose. -crack- Sehun smirked at the sound of the man's cries as he held onto his broken nose. 

Sehun took another glance at the sobbing Luhan before facing the two men on the floor. "If I see you around, I will beat the out of you. Come around once, I'll beat you once. Come around twice, I'll beat you twice. Don't ing come back here. Got it?" He ended his sentence in a snarl. The two men nodded, frantically picked up their unconscious comrade and limped away.

Sniffling sounds could still be heard from Luhan and Sehun felt his heart soften. He walked towards Luhan and squatted down in front of him. " Hey, how are you feeling?"

Luhan threw himself onto Sehun and cried, " I was so scared... They almost took me away... I almost got.." Luhan could not finish his sentence and sobbed even harder into Sehun's shoulders.

Pink petals fluttered onto the two figures, as if Mother Nature was also finding ways to soothe the frightened boy. Not a word was spoken between the two boys in an embrace under a cherry blossom tree.

They remained in that position for another ten minutes before Luhan finally calmed down. The tiny male looked at Sehun's face with his swollen eyes and traced his fingers on Sehun's cracked lip. Sehun winced and pulled away.

"You're bleeding," Luhan whispered sadly, " You're bleeding because of me... I know you said to not talk to you, but can I help you clean your wound?"

Sehun was about to reject him, yet another look into Luhan's eyes and he found himself hesitating. Luhan's eyes reflected desperation, fear of being alone again, and a bit of something else - the need of another human being nearby.

"Of course. My house or yours?" Sehun smiled, trying his best to comfort the boy.

Luhan's sad eyes started to sparkle brightly. " I forgot my keys... Your house?" 

 

 


A/N: I DONT KNOW WHAT I'M DOING IN THIS CHAPTER, OKAY? Don't kill me for getting Sehun's pretty face injured T__T

Comments are appreciated <3