Chapter 1

49 Days

"Luhan” Yixing murmured softly. “You have made a mistake, and now you must correct your error”
“Go and retrieve the arrow you lost. If it were to fall into the hands of someone malicious, it could become deadly. Things from this world are not meant to leave unless necessary” Kris finished, staring at Luhan emptily.
Luhan stared up at the three archangels in front of him, his expression mortified. “A-are you sure that’s a good idea? What if something goes wrong?”
Suho sighed tiredly. “You must right the wrongs you created. You should be thankful that this is all we ask of you. Simply find the arrow and bring it back”
Luhan frowned unhappily, his eyebrows creased with worry. “I will”
 
Luhan pouted at the memory of his meeting with the archangels. He was still shocked they were making him go to the human world all alone. Whenever something had to be done, they would usually send Chen or Chanyeol. Even though he had nearly gotten himself obliterated by a demon, it had resulted in his first ever mission. 
 
Luhan stood at the edge of heaven and the mortal world uneasily, staring down into the darkness below him.
 
He took a deep breath and closed his eyes before letting himself fall from heavens edge.
 
"Find the arrow and bring it back quickly before it falls into someone else’s possession”
 
                                                                                  . . . . . .
 
“I can’t do this”
 
Luhan fell backward into a patch of clovers, his body aching from having his wings concealed for so long. The sounds and smells of the human world made Luhan’s eyes water and head pound. He was already desperate to return to heaven.
 
When he had first arrived in the human world, he hadn’t been prepared for the pressure he would have to undergo; he thought his new human body was breaking when he landed and he then realized he had to figure out how to move. After some time, he finally taught himself how to walk with his new body, and like a newborn deer he shakily made his way outside, only to feel crushed for a second time by the sudden realization that he had to find his arrow in a world where physical barriers existed.  
 
His first day on Earth had not been easy.
 
Luhan closed his eyes, exhausted. It was his first time experiencing physical tiredness as well as being mentally drained. 
 
“I pity humans if this is how they feel everyday” Luhan groaned as he slowly pushed himself into a sitting position, his stomach churning painfully. He reached over, using the tree he had flopped down beside to haul himself upright. He couldn’t understand the human body, it was always doing things he had no idea how to decipher. He wasn’t accustomed to breathing or walking, he had always been happy simply existing without having to feel at all.
 
He groaned as his joints cracked before slowly walking back the way he had come. He had been drawn to the park because it seemed cleaner and also because he was fond of flowers, but humans had still managed to damag things.
 
He was shaken from his thoughts by the sound of scuffling and chatter. Luhan blinked and turned to see that there were several small groups of people walking up the path behind him. Many of them were carrying binders and textbooks, and he realized that they were the students from the college he had passed earlier. He slowed his pace to let them pass and then proceeded to examine them curiously from behind.  
 
“Zitao!” he suddenly heard a piercing shriek and he turned, a typical knee jerk reaction.
 
Everything seemed to slow down as several things happened simultaneously.
He spotted the source of the shriek:  a gentle looking boy who was staring in his direction with an expression of pure horror on his soft round face.
He glanced up and saw a thin pale skinned man with dark hair doing something that resembled a fight scene in a karate movie right towards where he was standing.
He looked back at the young man with the soft looking face, his eyes widening when he spotted his silver arrow embedded in the young man’s neck.
 
Before Luhan could even open his mouth to scream at the young man that his magic arrow was stuck in his neck and if it would be alright for him to take it back, he was spin kicked straight in the stomach, the air knocked clean from his body as he flew backwards, the flying karate man landing on top of him.
 
Luhan heard a crunch and then nothing. He stared up at the sky above him, too stunned to move. His whole body had become numb and he wasn’t even sure if he was breathing.
 
“Oh my god!” he heard someone cry hysterically from besides him. “Tao you moron! Oh my god you’ve killed him!”
 
Luhan was vaguely aware that the two men he had just encountered were now staring down at him.
 
“I didn’t mean to! I didn’t mean to kill him! I’m sorry!” Zitao, the dark haired man who had flown at him suddenly began to weep.
 
“What the hell do you expect?!” the gentle looking man half screamed. “You climb a tree and tell me you have a new move you want to show me and ing leap out and fly kick this guy in the gut! Of course he’s going to die!”
 
Zitao’s face had turned blotchy from crying.
 
“Oh my god. We need to call the ambulance or something. Is he breathing? This is bad; this is so, so bad. I should have paid more attention when they taught CPR at high school” the gentle looking man buried his face into his hands.
 
“His neck is probably broken, this is all my fault” Zitao sobbed. Luhan spotted a sleek looking mobile phone in his hand, presumably to call the ambulance.
 
Luhan then realized that if he was taken away by the ambulance (whatever the ambulance even was) he wouldn’t be able to get his arrow back, and this seemed to kick start his breathing and heart rate because he shot up, grabbing Zitao’s arm for support.
 
Zitao let out a high pitched scream of terror and fell back onto the grass. 
 
“Holy crap! You’re okay!” the gentle faced man cried out.
 
Luhan doubled over in pain, his breathing ragged.
 
 “I’m Xiumin and my dumb friend who kicked you is Tao. We can take you to the hospital if you think you need to go. I am so, so sorry” the young man continued breathlessly. 
 
Luhan ignored him, using his remaining strength to instead grab him by the shoulders and lean towards him. “I’m sorry human, but I’m an angel on a mission from heaven to retrieve an arrow I lost and it happens to be in your neck”
 
Xiumin blinked several times. “I’m sorry what?”
 
“I’ve broken him. I’ve broken him with my extra strength roundhouse power kick. It’s addled his brains” Zitao said brokenly.
 
“Shut up Tao!” Xiumin hissed at the young man before turning his attention back to Luhan. “I’m so sorry Mr…?”
 
“I’m Luhan and my arrow is in your neck. It’s my mission to get it back and return to heaven”
 
Xiumin’s previous expression of horror had returned. “I think you’re right. Your kick has messed him up. What do we do?”
 
“We can take him to the doctors. There’s one a block or so away, isn’t there? We can take him and drop him off and forget this ever happened. They can deal with it. I’m scared, Xiumin; I just want to go home. A specialist can help him, I’m sure” Zitao’s eyes welled with tears again.
 
Luhan stared at the two men as they spoke, his expression blank with confusion.  The doctors? A specialist? He had no idea what they were talking about.
 
Xiumin nodded. “I guess that’s an okay idea” Xiumin turned to Luhan. “Okay Luhan. We’ll help you get proper help now, and you’ll be back to normal in no time. Can you get up?”
 
Luhan nodded, still confused but willing to follow Xiumin anywhere if it meant getting his arrow back.
 
“Zitao, come here” Xiumin ordered, already hooking his arm with Luhan’s. “We’ll have to support him there.”
 
Around half an hour later, Luhan found himself in the waiting room of a small doctor’s practise. After being half dragged by Xiumin and Zitao (due to the fact that his legs had turned to jelly) he was carefully placed on a chair by Tao (who wouldn’t stop crying and apologizing) and told to sit still and wait while Xiumin organized things for him.
 
After a brief discussion with a woman at the front desk, Xiumin walked back, smiling.
 
“Everything has been sorted and they’ll take care of you from now on”
Zitao stood up and rubbed his swollen eyes tiredly. “I cried too much. I’ll meet you outside” he sounded lifeless and Xiumin nodded distractedly.
 
Luhan froze in stunned horror. “Where are you going?”.
 
“We’ve done all we can and I’m sure Tao is sincerely sorry for the problems he has caused you” Xiumin shot a glare at the dark haired boy before turning back to Luhan. “I’m really sorry for the pain you’ve had to go through. I hope you’ll get better soon.” 
 
“You’re just going to leave me?! I need my arrow back so I can return to heaven!”
 
Xiumin looked guiltily at Luhan for a moment, biting on his lower lip as his eyebrows creased together. “Tao kicked you with a lot of strength and you hit the ground really hard. You’re in a state that neither Tao nor I can help you with. We’re going to leave you with the experts now” the young man smiled and nodded to himself, bowing slightly and turning back to Zitao, who was heading out the door, still crying.
 
Luhan could only gape as the two young men disappeared from his sight, realizing he had just lost his arrow once more, and this time it was being carried off by a human man who wouldn’t seem to believe him when he asked for it back.
 
Luhan groaned in despair, burying his head into his hands. 
 
His first time in the human world really wasn’t working out for him and he sighed, feeling deflated.
 
“As soon as I can start moving this dumb human body again, and I’ll go and find that human and get my arrow” Luhan promised himself, still determined to succeed.
 
 

A/N 

Hi everyone~

I was really hesitant to upolad this first chapter; this story has gained more subscribers than I thought and I was worried that you would be disappointed once reading more, so I was putting it off (;__;) I'm sorry.

I hope you're not too disappointed, I really lack confidence in my writing so...

 

Thank you all for subscribing and upvoting! It's really surprisising for me and I really appreciate it.

until next time ~ :)