Chapter 9

Hate Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"When are you leaving?", Luhan's voice is careful, like he's afraid that he might break something. I broke enough. Yixing turns around to face the other, he takes a glimpse at the bag in front of his feet and then looks at Luhan again. Luhan doesn't want to admit it, but all of the innocence in Yixing's eyes is gone now and it was all his fault. He doesn't even know when he started calling him Yixing again. 

"It looks like the company doesn't let us leave so easily, so we have to sue them and that will happen pretty soon, so they don't have much time to prepare", Yixing explains and turns around to put some of his belongings in the case.

"Isn't that too much trouble, you could just stay with us", Luhan says calm, but his insides look really different. Yixing stops in his track, like he's not sure if Luhan just really said that. 

"So you want me to stay now?", Yixing asks and doesn't show any emotion in his question, while he still doesn't move. There is no answer from Luhan's side and he can almost see Yixing smiling bitterly, swallowing the tears he has left from the past weeks. Luhan has so many things to say, but he just can't bring himself to actually say them. 

"Thought so", Yixing says and Luhan thinks he can hear both of their hearts breaking. Luhan really doesn't know how to handle all of this. He thinks about his mom and how she would cheer him up, even though he messed everything up. Yixing used to be like that too, he was cheering him up and even stayed by his side, when Luhan pushed him away. 

"I'm leaving in three days if that's the only thing that you care about", Yixing adds and Luhan can  hear all the pain in that sentence. Yixing probably thought that Luhan was only interested in him leaving and that it made too much trouble if he really leaves. Luhan only hums as an answer and Yixing turns around once again. Luhan notices how Yixing swallows hard, before he makes eye contact with him. 

"I can only say this one last time: I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry that I kept on bothering you, even though you clearly didn't like it. I'm sorry I was in the way when you only wanted to be happy. I'm sorry - but I'm also thankful for the great friendship we had and I hope that you might not only remember the bad things about me, but also the good things we experienced. For me they were something special and even though it's much too ask, please don't forget me"

And Luhan really wants to hit himself for not noticing that Yixing loved him all along. It was so obvious, he only needed one look now to see all the emotions in his eyes and Luhan felt the pain. Yixing shouldn't ask to be remembered, because even if he tried to forget Yixing, he never could. Luhan didn't notice that Yixing offered his hand for a handshake and when he noticed it was already too late. The pain in Yixing's eyes was visible and Luhan saw that tears were on the edge off coming out, but they didn't. It seemed like Yixing practiced to keep his tears inside and it was Luhan's fault. It was all his fault. Yixing's hand changes into a fist and the small shiver Yixing's body does is noticeable to both of them, but none of them says anything. Just like the past weeks, Yixing kept on saying nothing and bundle everything inside, while Luhan didn't apologize.

"I wish you all the luck...really", Yixing says and smiles, his dimple is showing and it breaks Luhan's heart that it's a sincere smile, because after all this Yixing still wants Luhan to be happy. And Luhan is sure Yixing still would want him to be happy, even if he would drive over him a few times and it breaks Luhan's heart to know that he lost someone like that. 

"I know", Luhan answers and he's happy that he finally finally said something that wasn't mean and when Yixing beams at him, it makes him even more frustrated, because such a small gesture shouldn't make him so happy. He should always be happy, always smiling, it's almost like Luhan stole him that happiness.

"You know? You know", Yixing asks and answers himself smiling. Luhan would laugh about Yixing being an idiot answering himself, but not this time. This time it was dead serious. Yixing's smile was too much for Luhan, he had to go. As he turned around, he could almost hear Yixing's smile fading. He walked out of the room, without looking back and he realised once again how much he hated himself. 

 

 

"Zitao. Come out of this room immediately!", Sehun screams as he knocks against the door furiously. There is no answer from the other side, but Luhan is sure he hears sobs. Luhan now feels also bad for Zitao, because Zitao's crush on Yifan was always quite obvious and now he had taken every chance from the panda boy to get close to him. 

"I know it hurts, but please", Sehun whines as he keeps on knocking. Luhan stands behind him and hopes for Zitao to open the door, but there is no reaction from the other side. Sehun sighs as he sees Luhan in the corner of his eye. 

"Are you proud now?", Sehun sighs as he leans against the closed door. Luhan doesn't say anything, but keeps on staring. Suddenly the door is opened in a second and Sehun is pulled in, Luhan keeps staring as the door gets closed in front of his face again. 

 

"You will stare holes, if you keep on doing that", a deep voice behind Luhan says and he's not really surprised to see Yifan. He could be angry with Yifan, but he's not, because after all he was the one who protected Yixing all this time. He just doesn't want him to be a better friend, then he ever was, because than Luhan would feel useless. Not that he doesn't feel useless right now.

"Yixing and I decided to stay in a hotel from today on", Yifan explains and Luhan looked at him shocked. I thought I had three days..

"Yixing said he didn't want to bother anyone with staying here", Yifan explains and both of them know who's meant with anyone. 

"I don't know what to say", Luhan says, because he really doesn't know what to say.

"There is no need to say anything anymore", Yifan explains and pats his shoulder, before leaving. Is this really the end?

 

 

Two hours later, Yixing and Yifan stand in the living room ready to leave, all the boys are there too. Sehun even somehow got Zitao out of his room and the goodbyes are more than awkward. They hug everyone, but when Zitao is supposed to hug Yifan, he just does a handshake and Yifan is more than confused, but shrugs it off thinking that he's angry. And finally it's Luhan's turn to hug Yixing, Yixing leans in for a second and normally he's t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter