Keep me in peace

Xiumin & I, The Spy

"What do you mean, they just barged into your house, no explanation or anything!??!" Flindergaft, leaned into me sending small particles flying from his mouth into my face. He was a tall lanky thing of a person towering over most people here at 6'5. Seeing him visibly flustered wasn't something that we weren't all aware. He was an easily agitated human, he reminds me of aniexty stricken chiuaua, I honestly don't know how he managed to catch the job as second in command over cloud 9; eh I guess he's just really good at his job.

"Well I'm sorry I wasn't welcoming them with open arms and smiles. They tried to sneak up on me, they were carrying guns and attacked me"

"So they hit you first"


"We'll no, I threw my snow globe at him. I'm sorry I hope you're not trying to insinuate that I started this madness" 

"I'm not saying that, it's just is it always necessary to become so violent without full knowledge of the situation"


"Well once I'm inside my house, the one my family owns and you trespass yes I can and will become violent. Secondly it is my JOB to become violent I am a SPY. It is not your job to stand by, nit pick and blame me in a situation where I was almost killed"

"It is not your job to be violent it is your job to go unnoticed I blend Into the crowd" He started to jot something down in his notepad

"What crowd?!?! I was the only one home" we stared each other down for a few second. At one point it almost seemed like Flindergraft sympathized with me. He checked his watch and lightly placed his hand on my shoulder.

"If you can do what you're suppose to do then maybe you're not as qualified for this job as you think you are" I shrugged his hand off of my shoulder "Not to be taken offensively Marilyn I'm just saying  It'll be nice of you wasn't obvious that you're involved in other things, try fooling people into thinking you're not who they think you are instead of become suspicion #1" he muttered something under his breath dealing with him being underpaid. He ran his hands through his black hair. He motioned toward the nurse to attend to me and left in a hast, possibly to annoy some other traumatized patient. The nurse, the one who I recalled from the last time I was hospitalized; she didn't greet me with any jokes this time. She cautiously wiped at my bruises and burns with some type of cleaning formula that burned for a few seconds after. We sat there in silence probably both surprised and taken aback by the absurd accusations that I reacted in ways I shouldn't. 

The nurse eventually turned her back toward me in order to prepare an iv bag and I used that little moment of freedom to escape; and by escape I mean grab my crutches and hop away pathetically. The nurse did nothing to stop me though she could've in my slowed down state, last I saw she was still tending to the iv bag just at an obviously slower past. God bless old people.
 
The hop from my hospital bed to the place I was gonna unleash my fury was tense but I was determined and I pity the fool who was the other side of the door. Upon reaching the room I burst through the doors with my crutch and hopped straight to the desk and let my bottled emotions break out. 

"Look I want  answers okay, I'm tired of being left in the dark about everything like I can't be trusted! I am a part of this organization I am not just a worker! What happened to the microwave in the cafeteria huh? I've been in and out of the cafeteria for the past months and I've seen no trace of a microwave or microwaveable food! Is this what we're all about huh getting rid of our means to a fast and thorough lunch? That microwave has been with us for years and just when things get nasty you wanna just get rid of the microwave. MICROWAVES HAVE FEELINGS TOO THEY'RE NOT JUST BAR CODES, BRING THE GODDAMN MICROWAVE BACK AND SHOW SOME DAMN LOYALTY!! " there was a long painful pause in the room that lasted too long for my sanity. I walked up to his desk pulling around the chair only to see the absence of a body.

"I- uh I'm over here" Dr. Mr. Pataki stood wide eyed and fearful, the coffee mug he was attempting to fill was shaking in his hands; the coffee he was gonna drink was covering vary surfaces. Upon noticing my acknowledgment of his coffee accident he gave a slight cough and recovered his confidence "this" he motioned to the coffee "it's okay it was cold anyways, uh as for the microwave we moved it on the far opposite side of its original spot and away from the window that was letting in too much water around it" he sat down in his seat; another pause.

"Fine!! The microwave is still being treated fairly now I'll be leaving bak to my room"

"Don't you wanna know about the ongoings of your case ?" I stood upright on my crutches and stared at him in anticipation."Well you will continue on leave we are gonna take you out of your parents house and place you under protective custody until further notices. I'm sure you can think of something to tell your family"

My attention peaked "So you think that those thugs will just leave me alone even if they discover that I'm alive?"

"They made their point for the time being, there's a chance that they may want to finish the job but most likely they will assume you got the point and learned their lesson. It can really go both ways"

"So I'm stuck in a building doing nothing "

"Call me crazy but I think it beats swimming with the fishes by a mile"

"So what about my family? Don't you think they're gonna wonder where I am? Do those villains expect to see amber alerts or something just to make sure?"

"You're old enough to move out temporarily, I'm pretty sure you can make an excuse about needing to find yourself or something? As for the news reports leave that to us, you just need to calm down and act natural"

"If I feel threatened I will attack"

"Only if necessary"

"Always is neseccary" he paused for a second slowly taken in my bruised state then he took off his glasses before strolling over to me. 

"I can only imagine what you went through during that span time of a day, and I honestly can't imagine what you may be going through. I know you feel abandoned but it was our mission that got you into this trust me you've been far from abandoned. Everyone is just stressed with your attack and our mission comrades okay?" I gave a tearful nod "we have a condo waiting for you okay keep calm we got this" he laughed silently as he walked me out of his office and into the hands of another nurse so I can make my way over to my temporary home.

After the small talk I was led back to my bed where I spent the next four house being prepped to be on my own. Eventually I was on my way to the chauffeur service and once again I was making the same lonely trip home with the same lonely fearful thoughts. This time I won't have my mother to tend to me, I won't have anyone. Once I walked inside of my house I was welcome by a few black bags filled with the smell of steamy goodness.

"Honey we got your message and I understand completely, I mean you're old enough to have a little vacation away from your family I understand. When I was your age I went on a  cross country trip with my a girlfriend of mine and it was all fun but I never strayed okay I came back to the people I love" her eyes filled with tears, I leaned into her as best as I could as she gave me a long hug. My father packed everything into the trunk of the chauffeur car and my mom assisted me In packing the necessary clothing for the next couple of months. Before I knew it it was time for my grand finale, my mom and dad gave their words of caution and final hugs; my little sister was no where to be found. The last I saw of her was her disapproving face peeking over the corner of our hallways. I gave her face a wave goodbye, she disappeared. 

Eventually I was out of my childhood home and at the doorway of my new safety net. I stood there staring at the white polished wood in front of me. I gathered the rest of my courage and unlocked the door and entered it. 

The inside of the condo was absolutely amazing. The theme of the living room was royal purple with gold adornings scattered about , all the furnisher was white and absolutely expensive looking. The room I would be staying in was a modest yellow, most likely to attempt to keep my mood on the sunny side. The bathroom and kitchen were covered in granite marble and had a more modern look to it. It was safe to say I was giving a lavish compensation for my troubles. The chauffeur attempted to help me unpack my clothing but I reassured him it was okay and before I knew it I was all alone. 

Everything was blinding at first the cool condo, the freedom, the protection then came the loneliness, the fear and the sadness. I sat down on the white Italian couch and cried. I cried for the microwave that almost was left alone to fend for itself, the microwave who had to leave its appliance family, who hasn't seen its toaster friends in weeks. The microwave was a very very sad electrical appliance.

"Marilyn the Microwave" my hoarse voice broke the dim silence of the room. I decided it was best to pretend everything was okay so I carefully placed all of my moms home cooked food on the refrigerator and settled on some kimchi and korean beef. On my way over to the sofa I noticed a Dvd. Curious as to what the contents of the DVD was inquickly inserted it into the built in DVD player; it was a news report.

"Many are confused as to how such a thing could happen in such a small peaceful neighborhood. Hi, I'm news reporter Jeb Michaels and this is the 11 top on the hour news. Many are still wondering the streets searching for college student and beloved daughter Marilyn Applegate. Witnesses say the last time she was seen alive she was leaving her parents house for a party. She has yet to return."

"Yeah she was a good girl so it wasn't like she was doing drugs or anything so I know it had to be something other than that" I was shocked, the banner above the young woman said she was a friend of mine but I never saw her a day in my life. The camera focused back on the young and handsome news reporter.

"The family of Marilyn has decided they will not be posting missing signs up throughout the city as to not give the possible kidnapper any wanted recognition. Instead they decided they will leave this case In the hands of the police. We will keep you updated on this case as we find out more. Next, Microwaves. Are you getting rid of yours years before its expiration date? "
The video ended after that leaving me staring at a blank screen leaving me mouth agape staring at the tv. I gave a small huckle that transformed into a giggle that metamorphed into a full evil genius laugh. I can't believe it, this is brilliant, now the thugs get what they want and I don't have to worry about dying. 

The next days went by normally, I sat home ate and watched tv careful not to put any stress on my ankle or my wrist. Eventually after a week the days began to slow down as my actions became repetitive. After three weeks I was on the brink of dying a slow painful death. The only company I had was the agents that would come every other day to check up on me and search my house for any infiltration and the food delivery guy. After a while I would purposely make myself look as pitiful as possible hoping they would give me a break and let me leave for at least a few hours. Nothing. 

After the first month was up I had enough of all these shenanigans and decided to have a day out on the town. I waited patiently for a couple of days when I got another visit from the company, after everything was given the green light I waited a couple hours after they left and made my daring escape.

I casually walked out of the condo careful not to put too much weight on either one of my ankles.  The feeling of the sun on my skin was just blissful and the feel of the chilly wind blowing through my hair and cascading past my scalp was euphoric. I took a long deep breath.
"This is how it feels to get out of prison. I decided the first place I wanted to visit was the local flea market where my family and I used to visit every other Saturday.

It was a Thursday so the flea market wasn't really packed which was good to get it and get out without the lines, though the large numbers would have been nice to hide me from muderous thugs.  I spent the next forty-five minutes going to a variety of stands and ended up with a fresh baguette, a cute home made sweater and a few scarfs all under thirty dollars. I was bargaining with a younger girl over the crazy prices of her thin mints when I felt to hands embrace me fiercely from behind. Fearing the worst I began to jump up and down in the hopes of breaking free and running for help only to hurt my ankle a little in the process. I tried to land a jab to the stomach in but was quickly spun around before I could do so to face my attacker.

"GINGER?!?! OMG! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to react so badly, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!" I pulled her into a long deserved embrace and we stood there, best friends after over month of not knowing and hugged one another. 

She pulled away from me to examine my face before staring at my bandage ankle and wrist. "I was unauthorized to know your whereabouts" she looked me directly in my eyes and gave me a sincere and long awaited smile "hot cocas, vanilla ice cream and a few spilled secrets?" I yanked her into another hug and we left back toward my condo for girl talk. Because Ginger didn't want me to hurt my ankle more than I already have she decided to piggy back me all the way. We talked about all the goings on of our favorite reality shows, I could sense that there's some things that's waiting to be exposed, in due time.

We eventually reached my condo and after the initial shock wore off of Gingers face we headed to the kitchen to get started on our snacks.

"Care to do what no one could and tell me where you were" I was drawing circles on the granite table with my index fingers, fearful of what horror she might have experienced. 

She started to scoop ice cream into glasses as the milk began to heat up. "Well I was captured" she took noticed to my horrified expression "no need to worry my capture was an amateur villain someone who would spend his time beating me around a little for answers then just killing me as a lesson, eventually after a week or two of full deprivation and abuse I was able to swipe the keys from
One of his guards and escape phone a buddy and go into hiding the southern countryside of france to heal Nothing out of the ordinary with being a spy. You?"

"That's it? You're not gonna go into detail?"

She passed a glass over to me and began pouring the five packages of got coca into the pot of warm milk. She stirred the concotion "please forgive me if I don't wanna go into detail, look I'm safe okay now tell your part?"

I wasn't letting her slide with this, if one of us has to spill it all we all do. I began telling my story, I started with that faithful moment in the room with xiumin, to waking up in the hospital, to almost being killed and narrowly escaping, to waking up in the hospital again, to having to leave my family ending It of with a friend who's holding back something.

"Woah...." There was a brief silence " and I thought I had it bad at least I knew I was gonna live to see another day..jerk" we shared a small chuckle "so you telling me you haven't talked to your parents since you left, I mean do you ever get the urge to just call them" she retrieved the over done hot cocoa and began pouring it into our cups.

I took a quick sip. "Of course I do, there's nothing else to do in the place but to watch tv and miss my old life but I'm not allowed to contact my family until I'm giving a green light."

I head a small clank before there was an iPhone 5 being pushed my way. "Call your family, after all you've been through Dont let them take this away from you" 

I grabbed the cell phone preparing myself to call me mom.

"Try calling someone who won't ask you a barrage of questions " she called over to me from the pantry where she wa stetrieveing some marshmallows.

I decided the best person to call was none other than my baby sister. It took me a few moments of breathing in order to gain some confidence since she wasn't particularly happy of my departure last time I checked. After three rings she picked up

"Hello" she spoke in a sing song manner

"Persephone?" I spoke her name quietly 

"Oh would you look who it is, you know it's one thing to just leave the family I can get over that after a few days but you don't even call!!!, what's up with you???" 

"I just needed to uh cleanse myself a little  with a few cleansing friends and that means that I needed as little outside interaction as possible"

"Yeah well I would've been happy with a little interaction instead of none at all, and you know mom is worried like no other"

"I know I know I won't let that happen I never been separated from you all, it was way harder then you think" 

"Mhmm I'm gonna go to sleep I better see a phone call from you tomorrow , also I'm sleeping in your bed bye"
After she hung up I made my way back to Ginger where we settled in the living room to watch some cartoons. After about five minutes Gingers' phone rang; it was Persephone. 

"Seph you okay?" My voice filled with worry. 

""Marilyn, I don't mean to bother you and all because you're you know, "cleansing" yourself with your "friends" but can you at least give the unwanted ones a heads up. It's getting sad seeing this one outside your window just stalking."

"This one? As in a boy?" Ginger sensed my growing anxiety and began to put up our snacks while I continued to talk.

"Yeah it looks like I guy, I mean of course it's a guy I mean I know you're acting a weird but I doubt you're experimenting"

"Alright thanks Seph I'll deal with him ASAP just get some sleep." Seconds after hanging up the phone I had a jacket and a pair of combat boots at my feet. Ginger had a pair of keys in her hand.

"My car is at the flea market that's about ten minutes away get on my back"

We slowed the car a few houses away from mines so that we had a decent view of my window. It didn't take me long to see a figure staring up at my window from behind the oak tree outside of my window. Before Ginger could react I was out of the car and speed walking toward the figure. Whoever this was, was going to regret ever overstepping their boundaries with my family. My family does not deserve this, this is not their problem. I was less than five feet away from the figure before the guy noticed me and by then it was too late. I threw a rock at him and while he was distracted I sent a punch to him guy, grabbed his arm behind his back and pressed him to the tree. I moved him slightly to get a decent look at his face, especially those exotic eyes.

"Xiumin???"