The History

You've always been mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Hoseok's POV*

"i don't know where to start," I fidgeted with my fingers.

"The beginning would be a great place." Yoongi hyung said, deadpanned.

"Let him talk, Yoongi," Choo Hee shushed him.

I took a deep breath and looked at Taehyung. Right now, his the only one I can face. "You remember how your mom and their mom came to visit my family in Gwangju?"

After he nodded, I gain more strength to continue. "And how I yelled at you guys when you came a few days later?"

I looked around and saw all three of them nod. Taking another deep breath, I started my pathtic life, my horrible history, afraid of their reaction. 

"I wasn't the happy person you guys know. Never the J-Hope. I know you guys know this, but I hated Gwangju. I was always abused by my father, by his friends. I never had a single friend." I looked up and saw Choo Hee face became pale, Yoongi hyung puuting his hands on his face, and Taehyung shaking his head.

"?..." Choo Hee said softly.

"Yes," I looked down at the fingers on my lap. "They were always drunk, always hurting my mom and I."

"Hoseok hyung, why did you never tell us that?" Taehyung grabbed my hands into his. I can see in his eyes, he regrets everything he did. I smiled when I heard him use hyung.

"My past isn't a very happy story, it's not something everyone wants to talk about." I dragged my hands away and put them back on my lap. I'm going to tell them everything. "That's not all. I even got bullied in school. Getting beat up everyday after school. Because of that, I nearly commited suicide." I smiled bitterly. Even though I've known them for most of my life, I had never told them about this stuff. It was easy to keep all this a secret since we live in different cities. Hell, we don't even use the same dialect. "It would have worked if Taehyung didn't show up."

"Is that what you were trying to do?" I lifted my gaze and saw Taehyung go slump on his chair. "How did I not notcie that?"

"Hoseok.. why didn't you say anything?" Yoongi stared into my eyes. "This isn't something you should hide."

"I thought I would burden you guys, and even though I hated my life, I was grateful that Taehyung stopped me."

.*Flashback*

I hate my life! I ing hate everything. 

I ran, even if I'm sick, I forced my body to carry me. I didn't necessarily care where I want just as long as it was away.

Why am I even alive if I'm hated this much?, I thought. My dad ing me! I stumbled, tripping on an abandoned skateboard. I stood up and looked at it. 

"You hate me too, eh?" I laughed bitterly. I'm ing talked to a skateboard. Oh, god.. I'm so messed up. 

Without hestitation, I know exactly where I can go. I dashed into a dark alley, forgetting how dangerous it is. 

"Hey, what's the rush?" I saw a tall, fat, ugly man in front of me. He had a baggy and torn shirt and pants on, with a cigarette in his hand."I'm sure you won't be late."

"I don't time for your ," I growled. I know I'm not suppose to be talking to him like this, but I've had about enough. 

"What did you say?"  He started towards me with his greasy hands. "Come here and I'll show you who you're talking to!" He wasn't in the best shape and so his body started shaking from the force of his cough. 

"Fat-, you can't even run three meters." I quickly went around him, but before I got fully out of the alley, I felt a hand grab my shirt and yank me back. I froze when I heard the man's heavy breathing. I had the urge the gag when I felt his filthy, digusting hand touching me. "What was that?" He said. "I'm going to punish you and your going to regret everything you said." 

I would have been paralyzed if it was some other day. But today ,I'm tired of having everyone looking down on me. On instincs, I kicked him in the spot where it hurts most, and slammed my elbows in his stomach. After he bent over, I wacked my elbow on his head. Since he was drunk, he passed out rather quickly.

Not wanting to stick around longer, I jogged out of the dark place. That situation with the druck guy just made my ty day even tier. 

If the ing people of Gwangju hate me, why am I here?

Why did I do wrong?

Does everyone want me gone?

Should I ing kill myself?

As these question swirled in my head, beating me so viciously, I didn't notice where my feet lead me. When I realized where I was, I slowly stopped. Without realizing it, my feet dragged me to the bridge. 

I just I was right, I thought bitterly. I walked sluggishly towards the edge and grabbed the bars. Looking down, I see the river, 500 feet below me. I can just put my feet on the edge and jump. It's that easy. I said the last three words over and over again as I did exactly that. Taking a deep breath once I was standing on the edge, I reflected on how my mom would feel. My mom. I began crying. My mom, who loves me and cherishes me. I have be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter