Reflections

Saranghae

 

 

Sa-eun thought about the times they shared together. She was quite a sad child back then, her parents ignored her, although rich, she was never happy.

Until she met Nichkyun.

After she met him, she found true happiness. He was always there for her. When she was upset, he was there, asking her with a cute worried look on his face, “Are you ok? Need a hug?” And then he would give her an encouraging hug and tell her not to worry. Sa-eun liked Nichkyun. A lot. Loved him even.

She always forgot her burdens and worries with him, she couldn't quite imagine life without him; but she had to live a life like that.

For 10 years too.

WHEN DID EVERYTHING CHANGE?

When she was 12 years old. Yes. That time, her father promised to bring her to Tokyo Disneyland. She remembered being so excited about it. She had boasted to all her schoolmates and good friends. She was the limelight that time. Everyone was trying to persuade her to bring them along. But no can do. After all, that was one of the rare chances that she can meet her dad. Let alone go out with him.

It was a chance no one could miss.

But she did.

 

Nichkyun sat beside Sa-eun quietly, deep in thoughts, recalling their “breakup”. They were 12 years old then; she was so thrilled to go for a trip to Tokyo Disneyland. But she never went. Her father could not make it back on time.

Some conference in Hong Kong?

Sa-eun had cried so bitterly. The memory was etched in Nichkyun’s mind and whenever he thought about it, tears sprouted out.

Nichkyun recollected that fateful day. She was in the shed crying her heart out despondently. Nichkyun could still remember it clearly. He came to find her once he received the news. He was worried sick, worried for her. When he found her sobbing in the shed, he was, too, miserable.