Hard to say

Saranghae

 

“…Sarang…sarang…hae…y-yo...” Nichkyun stuttered, his heart pounding wildly…

“WHAT THE HECK? DO IT PROPERLY! AGAIN!” Nichkyun’s manager rare temper flared up and he banged his fist on the desk angrily, making the papers fly in all directions.

“So…orr...rryy…” Nichkyun stammered, if only they knew why he couldn’t do it… His heart has long forgotten love

The rest of the popular kpop boy band, 2PM, was shocked. Usually Nichkyun was the confident one, the one that made the least mistakes; but now, here he was, practicing the same line over and over again for around the hundredth time!

Everyone’s mind had only one question: “Why couldn’t Nichkyun say ‘saranghaeyo’?

 

Nichkyun sighed. It had been a long day. He flipped his wallet open and fished out a few coins to buy a can drink. Before he closed it, he did what was already a routine to him---he glanced fondly at a faded photo. 

A photo of Sa-eun…

Sa-eun was his childhood friend, his best friend and… and his first love…

She was everything to him…

She was everything… Does that mean she played no role in his life now? Nichkyun mused sadly.

Wet puddles appeared on his wallet.

Gone. Gone from his life. Forever.

 

“Sa-eun!!! Come over and do Ms. Yoon’s hair before she goes for the interview!”

Yoo Sa-eun nodded, smiling happily. “Ok! Coming!”

Her mentor, famous makeup and hairstylist Lee Sae-hye (fictional) turned to her friend and sighed contently,” after that girl appeared, my life has become less hectic and more relaxing. She is a very hardworking and cheerful girl…” Her friend, a kpop band manager raised his eyebrows and enquired,” what’s her name? I think I could ask her to do my guys’ makeup for their new MV.”

Sa-eun rushed, doing her tasks diligently, not aware that her life was about to take a sharp turn…