Chapter 2

That Winter, My Heart Froze

 

Kim Jaejoong's Apartment

 

In the dim of a 2LDK apartment, with only the dim light on the kitchen counter while the rest of the room engulfed in the total darkness, there left a frustratingly frozen Kim Jaejoong or Han Youngwong, drowning in his bottle of vodka.

He vowed not to drown himself in that intoxication, burning down his throat. Never to touch that forbidden pleasure during his entire pregnancy, even during the time he was watching over his baby boy grew up, he never needed it thanks to the support he had been getting from that one person that has always been there for him. So the thought never came to him, but somehow, at moment he seemed to be in need of it desperately, just to ease up the muscles tension within him, he needed this as a comfort.

He remembered something what cause to that need in the first place, it was something that he learnt two days ago while he met Changmin.

 

 

 

Back when Youngwong met Changmin in the café,

 

“Good, so now you get the man’s trust. Are you up for the next stage?” The voice sounded confident, like he was anticipating with a knowing basic.

“You’re sounding like you’re giving me an option. I supposed since I’ve gone this far, then there’s no way of turning back right? So, what do you think he’ll be doing next?” His voice sounds inquiry before an index finger was pointed out at him accusingly.

“You meant, me????”

Changmin nodded, pleased that the message was transferred successfully in one shot.

“Think about it, you two have been dating before, right? And right now there is this new version of someone that used to be his but somehow this person showed much more of that what is his worth. So what do you think this will lead him to?”

Jaejoong was biting his tongue inwardly.

“Getting me to be his again?”

“BINGO!!”

There was a stern silent for a moment.

“Listen, you gotta keep yourself strong. He’s gonna be coming to you with all he got. Studying his character, I doubt he’s a person who is going to give up that easily. So when it happen, I need you to keep calm and deal with him like Han Youngwong would, don’t ever reveal a weaker side of you. You can’t let he knows that you are the same Kim Jaejoong, alright?”    

 

 

Jaejoong opened his closed eyelids, feeling the effect slowly getting to his head, the bad drowsiness is beginning to start. Good. At least that would keep his mind of the thing that had just happen.

 

 

~Ding~~Dong~~

Reluctantly he went to the door to greet his expected guest , if Changmin had been right, then the person would be behind his door could only be one person.

The intercom beeped the yellow light as Youngwong’s voice is heard through. “Who is it?”

“Hey, Youngwong-shi, it’s me. Jung Yunho.” There was a moment of silent before the house owner asked again.

“Mr. Jung, what a surprised.  To what do I owe this honor of having a personal visit? I didn’t do anything wrong, did I?”

“No, not at all. Do you mind opening the door though? It’s awkward to be talking to a machine.”

“Of course.”

The door clicked opened to reveal Youngwong in his simple shirt with a loose sweat pants, a homey look, while Yunho had only a Demian jeans with a designed jacket covered half of his body, well he looked…descent. Out of his usual suit that he wore to the office.

“Please come in.” Youngwong lead the other to the living room.

“Nice place you have here.”

“Gee, thanks? Tell me, do you always pay a personal visit to an employee’s home on their day off?” Youngwong tried to act friendly as possible despite the cold tone in the words themselves. Yunho took off his jacket and took a seat on the couch without really being invited first.

“No, not really. Unless I see a purpose in doing so.”

“And that is?”

The question comes out a little bit too obvious, like he was pretending to be ignorant. Yunho got up and approached him, invading his personal space.

“Tell me again about the fact that you’re not Kim Jaejoong, the one I used to know.”

“I’m not Kim Jaejoong.”

“I’m not really a patient person, Han Youngwong-shi. When I see something I like, I want to have it. And so, I will have it no matter at what cost.”

“So I can assume that you’ve taken a liking over me, is that right Mr. Jung?” He avoided the piercing eyes Yunho gave him as he was slowly cornered him to the wall. The fire in his eyes were there and the uneven breath gone noticed by Youngwong, not something he hasn’t seen before and he knew exactly what was coming up next.

“Yunho." Yunho corrected.  "When we’re alone like this, I would like if you could call me Yunho.”

“Hm~~…” Youngwong dared himself to look at the man that already had him cornered, warm breath brushed against his temple. “Yunho.”   Youngwong called out, somehow, the name rolled on his tongue feels too bitter even for himself to call it for the second time. Yunho flashes his charming smile, bow shape lips curves downward before they took place on Youngwoong’s plushie one.

Youngwong closed his eyes instinctively. Automatically hypnotizing himself. ‘This is Changmin…the one is kissing me is Changmin….Min-ah…lent me your strength,’ his heart screams out and without realizing it, he parts his lips, giving access to Yunho to devour his sweet cavern as Jaejoong, in his tipsy mood already seeing Changmin as the one kissing him. Youngwong slowly wraps his arms around Yunho’s neck, tilting his head as he let the man to be dominating the tongue battle. The sound of teeth clench, lips latching to each other and moans slowly filling the empty apartment.

Youngwong didn’t realize how, but somehow, he manages to lead Yunho to the bedroom and they keep’s kissing each other without breaking. Youngwong’s back touch the mattress, and Yunho is already hovering on top of him. Youngwong breaks away from the kiss first, trying to catch his breath as he can feels his lung screaming desperately for air. Yunho looks at Youngwong’s flushed face then the swollen lips. He brings his thumb across the reddish lips.

“Beautiful…so beautiful…” he whispers as his lips trails along Youngwong’s  jawline up to his earlobe, whispering sweet nothings into Youngwong’s ear. Taking a deep breath, Youngwong try to calm his heartbeat and bites on his lips once Yunho’s lips start nibbling on his earlobe, a he develops once he was Kim Jaejoong. He try hard not to react to that, but at the end, soft purr escaping his lips. Taking that as a signal, Yunho advancing further, trailing kisses down to Youngwong neck, marking the pale skin as well.

“The most beautiful angel…ever…” Yunho whispers again once he slips Youngwong shirt and toss it away as he study the smaller male’s body. Youngwoong’s smirk appears on his face, before replying.

“Lie…” and he got shut up again by Yunho before that man manages to crumble his wall of defense, bringing him up to the heaven of pleasure.

 

 

 

Everything felt numb. Youngwong opened his eyes but all the things he saw, he felt, feels numb. His body is suppose to feel cold leaving bare underneath the blanket but he really couldn’t felt anything.  

‘click, shut’   the sound of the door closing and he could had guess that the man had already left. He clutched his fists tightly on the white bed sheath as his vision was getting blurry by the fat droplet of tears. It wasn’t after 15 minutes later that he heard the sound of the code being pressed onto his door. He wiped his tears harshly before trying to pull himself up. It couldn’t have been Yunho, the guy doesn’t even know the code for his apartment. He wobbled his way out of the room and embraced himself for whoever that just entered.

A guy, dressed in a red jacket with some family restaurant logo printed on the back and was wearing a cap to hide his face as he entered. He was carrying a red box along with him. “Food delivery.” The man said as Youngwong had this blank look on the intruder.

“I didn’t order anything.”

“Hey, it’s me.” The intruder removed his cap to reveal the person he wishes to see the most right now. Youngwong didn’t realized how relief he felt as his knees gave up on him and he almost slumped himself to the floor if it wasn’t for the pair of strong arms hold him and embraced him.

“Changmin.” He clutched tightly onto the hands as he wrapped himself into the other’s embraced, buried himself in the warmth as his shoulders were shaking.

“I’m here.” Changmin’s soothing voice calmed him. Using his free left hand, Changmin patted his head, trying to calm him. 

“How did you…” he couldn’t finished as he felt the words died down his throat.

“I’ve got my ways. I’m sorry. I should have been here sooner.”

“You’re here now. That’s all that matter.”

The tears seemed to be merciless on him again, they kept on flowing non-stop as Changmin continued to whisper those soothing words. They stay there like that, unmoving with Changmin’s hand keep drawing soothing circles on his back. When his cries subside, Changmin tilt Jaejoong’s chin and smile. “I’m proud of you…” Changmin said, whispering and peck on Jaejoong’s swollen lips.

“Now…go take a shower…I’ll clean the room,” he said and Jaejoong nods his head. Obeying as he slowly makes his way to the bathroom while Changmin, moves to the bedroom.

 

-Changmin’s POV-

The air. I hate the smell of it. The smell of . Proving the one that I care most in this world is hurting again. I need to extinguish all of this. All!! Walking into the bedroom, I can clearly see how messy it looks like. It is so not Jaejoong’s style. With the missing bed sheet, scattered clothes, rolled blanket, trashed pillows, everything. Everything is in a mess. Taking a deep breath, I need to calm myself down, I need to take this calmly because, after all it is I, who plan this. And this little pain bared by Jae is one of the essential things to do. I do feel sorry for him, but, this can’t be avoided.

Picking up Jae’s clothes one by one, my heart drop more and more. And when I got to the bed, seeing the bed sheet, a surge of unwanted feelings suddenly filled my whole body. Thinking of nothing else, I take the bed sheet, as well as the blanket and trash them into the dustbin.

There, that kind of things should be gone. I don’t want Jae to be reminded of that and this is one of the thing that I should do for him. Cleaning up the room, I take the air freshener and open the windows widely, letting the cool air of the spring night to fill the room, exterminating the smell of that was floating the air just now. Finished, I make my way to the bathroom. It has been more than half an hour, but Jaejoong is not finished yet.

“Jae…” I called out for his name gently, but there’s no response from him.

“Jae…” I try again for the second time but still no response from him.

“Jae…open the door…” I said but still, I can only hear the sounds of the water running.

The door wasn’t even locked as I gently pushed it opened, the bathroom was all covered by the mist. By the time I finally spotted Jaejoong under the hot water, scrubbing his skin until it was all red, my heart clenched more, Jung Yunho, you’ll be paying 100 times worse than the pain you had caused to this person.

“Jae…” I approach him closer but he seemed to be too focused on the job in hands, bruising his already redden skin.

“Jae, stop.” I held onto his hand, embracing him from behind as his warm wet body pressed against mine, wetting the shirt I was wearing. He stood there frozen in the spot, showed no sign of pushing me away. That’s good. The warm shower springs on both of us but I couldn’t bring any concern about that then, the only focus now is the one I am holding right now in my arm.

Using one hand, I turned his body around to face me and his obliged, letting the sponge scrub dropped on the floor as he cling onto me, like a baby koala does while I turned the shower knob off.

“Jae, come on… talk to me baby.” I placed a kiss on his forehead and I gently tilted his head to look at me. His doe eyes seemed teary and puffy, he’s been crying again, now I really going to eat out this guilt for the rest of my life.

“He….Changmin..he….he…he ed me. Damn it!! Damn him!!” He finally starts to speak up, as he grabbed onto my shirt collar, seeking for attention. I caressed his back and pulled him closer.

“I’m dirty Min-ah, how could I… how could I let him do this to me again? Am I really that stupid Min-ah??”

“You’re not stupid, Jae. You just a little bit naïve back then, but now, you’re stronger and smarter than before. Besides, you got me by your side Jae, I’ll make sure to pay each and every one of them that had caused you pain. Just hold on a bit more, alright? Once all of this is over, I promise you’ll gonna have a happy life, doing whatever you want and watch uri Minjoongie grown up into a fine man.” I swear I saw Jaejoong’s eyes sparkled with hopes with every bit of my words.

“What about you then? When this is all over, will you… stay with me too??” Those sad eyes show a pinch of hesitation, I couldn’t deny the temptation. Closing the little distance between us, I lend in and kissed those lips again.

“Sure. As long as you still need me.” Tightening the hug around him as he did the same. “But first…let’s get you dried alright? Wouldn’t want you to catch cold in the first place right?” I said gently as I took his hand and kiss it, a tint of red painted over his pale cheeks. He was simply kept being silent before finally nodded slowly. I grab the towel hanging on the hanger nearby and started to dry him up, can’t let my Jongie catch cold, now can we.  

He just let me do it and I can see those dirty marks left on him, those nasty love bites around his shoulder blades and collar bonds, even some on his s. That ing . Without knowing, I kept clenching my teeth tightly while tending to him. That man is definitely going to pay for this.

Done with the drying and wrapped him up in those fluffy towel, I carried him up bridal style, not really paying attention on my own damp clothes as I stood out of the bathroom, carrying him all the way to the bed. He seemed to let out a protest over the lost contact once I put him on the bed.

I patted his head. “I won’t be long.” Assuring him, before drying up myself as fast as I could, and change into a new pair of cloth (just in case, I always had a spare change of cloth around me) 

I rummage through his wardrobe, finding the most suitable and comfortable pair of pajama for him to wear. Jaejoong looks like he was still in his own trails of thought by the time I got back. So I let him be, as I helped him into the PJ.

By the time I was tucking him into the freshly made bed, he pulled on my sleeves, like the baby he is, so precious, so small, and so in need off to be protected. “Min-ah, sleep with me tonight?” Even his bed voice sound so nice.

I sit by the small space left on the bed and caressed his hair, “But Jae, then I’ll be leaving Minjoong alone, sure it’s alright for you?” Decided to a bit. He pouted and let go off the sleeve, looking defeated. “Okay, then, careful on your way back.”

I chuckled. Before slide under the sheet as well, hugging him and let him rest on my shoulder as I rested my chin on his crown, felt his breath hitched.

“But tonight, I think I’ll prioritize you first, my baby.”   

He tightens his hold on me. “You smelled nice, Changmin. Like home. My home.” He snuggled closer to me, and just like what I naturally did to him during his hard and discomfort time during pregnancy, when he suddenly awoken in the middle of the night, I hummed him a song, a very old song I learnt to lull him to sleep.

Soon, Jae. Very soon, we’ll be able to finish all these and after that, let’s stay together again.       

 

End Changmin’s P.O.V.

 

 

 

By the next time Jaejoong woke up, he was already alone in his bed. There was no trace of the other had been there last night, except for there’s one note left for him that assured him that last night wasn’t a dream, at all, including with the bitterness that came along with it.

 

Take a day off, you don’t need to meet him today. Minjoong will be waiting for you in the park this afternoon. Have fun with him and stay at a hotel tonight, already book a hotel for you two. I’ll come by around midnight.  

–Min -  

 

He smiled over those words, he gets to spend today with his precious baby, couldn’t be more than happy to oblige that.

 

 

 

In the Jung's office,

Yunho looks at the ceiling inside his office. His minds is not here, thought there’s almost a stash of files in front of him that are begging for his attention. He takes a deep breath, then run his fingers, threading his soft black hair before a loud sigh escaping his lips. What have he done? Exactly what have he done last night? Did he just bed his new employee? Did he really just do that? His mental conscious finally kicked in, but that didn’t reason on why he did, why did he sleep with Youngwong and just left after that? The was great, and Youngwong is far from being awkward. The rhythm, the pace, all matches up but still there’s quite something that are not matching. If once he thought of Han Youngwong as Kim Jaejoong, now the thought has flew away. Youngwong didn’t moans out his name, but someone else’s, and he didn’t gave up easily, he put up fight and he knows exactly where is Yunho’s pleasure spot.

 

Yunho takes a deep breath, then he presses the intercom button.

“Call for Han Younngwong,” he ordered to his secretary outside, startling the lady.

“Err…boss, Han Youngwong-shi call in for an emergency sick leave…he’s not here today,” the lady informed and that make Yunho’s forehead ceased.

Was he being too rough with Youngwong last night?

It’s hard to tell because there was no begging from him to stop, or to go even for more. It was simply just by Yunho instinct to move, to tease or to stop from keep going on. Yunho closes his eyes, the images of Youngwong coming off his high flashes into his memory. Those flushes cheeks, parted swollen lips, everything, just simply everything of Han Youngwong.

“That’s it, I’m going to you if you are not coming to me,” he was talking to himself, determined on something.

Yunho stands up, leaves his office, and passing by his shocked secretary while she quickly tried her best to stop her boss.

“Yunho-shi, you got an appointment at 10,” she said and Yunho muttered sharp glare on the lady, sending her signal whatever bull he suppose to have on that day, cancel it off.

“Cancelled all of my appointment today,” there goes the orders in words, if that look still hasn’t been fully understood by the poor lady.

“But sir…”

“No but…just do it…” and he left.

 

 

Yunho drives to Han Youngwong’s apartment, determines to meet the most beautiful male. During the drive, he made up a decision, he wants to date that man. Something about Han Youngwong triggered him to own the man, and owning him he’ll do.

Yunho parks the car and quickly heads to the elevator, pressing the button, he was eager to meet Youngwong again. He keeps pressing and pressing the button, waiting for the elevator that seems to be taking a long time and he almost lost his patience when he heard the ding sounds, signaling the elevator had finally arrived. The door is open, and Yunho was about to enter when he notices the familiar face stepping out. The other had his casual ware, with grey cardigan covering his V-neck shirt and lovely pair of tight jeans and casual bots to accompany those. The big doe eyes were covered by a pair of shade, adding more merit to his visual. The man, was all meaning is attractive from head to toe, leaving Yunho gulping down on the sight behold onto him, he didn’t regret his decision on cancelling his appointments for today to see this. But the said man doesn’t seem to acknowledge his present, at all. So he took the initiative and grabbed a hold on the other’s wrist before he can slipped pass by him, caught the other by surprised.

 “Mr. Jung…” Youngwong said as he greets his employer, being back to the formal Han Youngwong-shi at work, despite his sudden startled by the other’s presence.

His action, emotion and body language, however, didn’t even show any trace of shyness or awkwardness with the fact that they had just slept together, like Yunho had expected to be. Yunho unconsciously drew a pout at the way Youngwong just address him, his earlier thought was… they might had actually bonded closer together after last night, clearly Youngwong didn’t thought the same thing as he did.

“I thought we had already agreed to be informal around each other,” Yunho said as he folded his arms across his chest, showing the authority he posses while Youngwon raised one of his eyebrow.

“And I thought we agreed on being informal only on those sort of situations? Since we are not in ‘that’ kind of situation, isn’t it just normal to address you as my employer?” Youngwon answered, cold as an ice as he made Yunho dumbstruck at that instance, was Yunho was hoping too much? What was actually he had expected for coming there in the first place.

“Besides, I know how to figure on these sort of circumstances, isn’t last night just only a one time thingy?” He pushed the shade using his middle finger to adjust the shade, before continuing. “Now….if you could excuse me…I’m on my leave and I’ve already things plan out to do so…yeah… I’m just going to go …” he excused himself, walking past Yunho when the bigger and taller male firmer his grip on Youngwon’s wrist.

“W-What…are you doing?” Youngwon asked, voice dropped, cold and icy.

 “Youngwon-ah…didn’t last night mean anything to you?” Yunho’s patient was growing thin, because clearly this Han Youngwong is stepping on the line.

“Oh…you mean the one when you come by to me and just leave? I don’t think that will leave any good mean to anyone,”

“Are you…mad?” Yunho asked, noticing the sarcastic tone in Youngwon’s voice. Youngwon let out small chuckles before slowly pulling his hand away when he felt Yunho’s grip slowly loosen up.

“What for? We just ed. You wanted some hole to wrap yourself into while I just need to get laid. I was tipsy last night anyway, which made me , and you just happen to drop by, and s me up my . So… there shouldn’t be any special meaning to that at all…don’t you think?” Yunho keep staring at Youngwon, too astonished with his words that his own words got stuck on his throat. He couldn’t say anything back to Youngwon. This person may look like someone he used to date, Kim Jaejoong but he was nowhere near him, this Han Youngwong is more wild, untamed and might he added, y as .

By the time Yunho had already realized on the fact, he saw the other was already next to his car, unlocking the door before sliding into the driver seat, but before he closed the door, he turned back to Yunho and smirked,

“Listen Mr. Jung… take this as a piece of advice, don’t take this to your heart and let’s all be neutral about things. Since we both get what we wanted last time, how about we call this even and call it off for the day, I don’t like associating with someone I had spend time less than 12 hours ago so… yeah. You got my message clear right?” He smitten, before continuing,

“Maybe afterward, who knows…”  he let it lagged for a moment before continuing again, “ You can come by  again and who know, I might just let you me again, depend on my mood that is.” He chuckled playfully before threw the other one final glance,  

“Or….  Of course, just call yourself an , I’m sure anyone would do it with you at any price. Toss the bait to them, then I’m sure they’ll be more than willing since their standards not that high anyway.” He giggled this time, clearly amused by the other’s bewildered face.

“Oh and if you try anything childish as having me fired from the company just because of last night, know that it’ll be hell to pay afterward, Mr. Jung. I could sue you for not being professional and mix up your personal affair and work, so don’t try to do anything funny. See ya later.” He waved his last goodbye before drove away, leaving a perplexed CEO.

If Jung Yunho first impression on Han Youngwong-shi was pliant and tamable, he should definitely checked it again in his definition on how to own that hot rod, because clearly, his classical method wouldn’t be useful on this one. He might actually planning on keeping this one for a while longer.

 

 


Comments and subscribers are loved.