Chapter 4

That Winter, My Heart Froze

Chapter 4

 

 

[ Hilton hotel, Room 6006 ]

The sound of the even breathing coming from the lady that lays on the bed. The red satin duvet was the only thing covered her from as she shifted around the bed, trying for a more comfortable position when she finally realized she was the only occupant on the bed. Her eyes snapped wide open and scanned around the room when she finally saw what she was searching for.

 

It falls almost like a routine for them. After work, if Kim Jaekyung too stressed out from work, she would go to the accountancy department and met a certain accountant that she had sat her eyes on ever since he started working there. It was like a push and pull game. One day the accountant would be so snarky to her, handing her straight forward remarks regarding her behaviors or anything he doesn’t agreed on, or some other days he would picking up childish fight with her.

It irritates her less, but what’s bothering her most was the fact she kept coming back for him. Because despite those attitudes, she saw how gentle he could be to her, a really good friend that was willing to hear her out and save her when she really need him the most. And just like any other girl, she slowly felt for his charm.

They agreed if this is ever going to work, they kept it a secret and met privately in hotels which she had no objection at all.  

 

Changmin was already wearing his cloth on, styling his hair as he saw her staring at him through the mirror.

“Did I awake you, Jaekyung-shi?” He finally turned around and got closer to the bed, after he was satisfy with the way his hair is. They had just finished their usually activity, it was what the CEO had expected for him to be, a man to her, a place for her to release herself, when he decided to let her sleep while he enjoyed his bath. He didn’t like how he smell, his after smell mixed with hers. It wasn’t pleasant but he bare with it anyway. He thought of slipping away silently after leaving a note or a text but to his surprise, she woke up before he even managed to do any of that.

Oh well

Jaekyung reached for his hand and he let her hold him, gripping her hand back in a gentle manner while flashed her smile.

“You’re leaving already?” She tried to sound cute but that really came out more like a whining.

“Do you want me to stay?” He caresses her hair, moving some of the strands behind her ear. She blushed and looked down, continued caressing Changmin’s hand in a way he knew very well the meaning behind of it.

“As much as I would love too, I can’t. I need to go back.” Jaekyung seemed disappointed and she let his hand goes, sulking.

“Have you thought about what I said before?” Changmin tried to change the subject, what’s more important than him staying all night with her.

“You mean about buying those shares?” She stared at him attentively. Like she was recalculating the true intention of what Changmin had told her. He handed her a detailed proposal regarding the project and as much as the money await for them if she really did agreed on that matter, she couldn’t really just give the final say right away. It was like taking a huge step without really realizing of what’s waiting for her on the other side of the mountain.

“Yes. Just think about it. The Jung’s Corp has been involving in this business for more than ten years and their economy is still standing strong.

Now…. imagine if the Kim’s can also be a part of it, wouldn’t it be meaning something?” He caressed her arm while smoothly moving up toward her bare shoulder, casually teasing her with his touch before stopping right under her chin, with his thumb caressing her cheek.

He landed a peck on her plump lips.

“Besides, don’t you want to impress your father the most? I thought you wanted to be the successor more than anything. You wanted his attention, right? What’s better way to get his attention than by obtaining billions or probably trillions more for the company? What do you say babe? Are you in?” The doe look on her eyes seemed familiar, but Changmin kept that to himself, she was all pliant and soft when she gazed at him, pulling him on top of her while having her arms linked around his neck.

“Tae Hyun-shi, you really think that’s a good idea?” She sounded hesitate but Changmin knew he was almost halfway through, just need a little bit of persuasive, and that was all it takes.

He got her under his palm.

And just like that, Changmin knew he had secure half of his plan.     

 

[Jung’s Corp., Yunho’s office]

 

Yunho’s secretary just finished handing her boss a file from the private investigator that Yunho had asked for the days before. He received the file and didn’t waste another moment to open it and read through the contents.

It contains all the details regarding Han Youngwong, the man that had successfully caught his eyes.

Han Youngwong, age 28, an orphan from the Sunflower House in Cheongju, no sibling, graduated from one of the local school there and furthered studied in Seoul University in management and marketing.
That’s it? Yunho wondered, there’s gotta be more, it can’t be just it.  
He was probably on the verge of desperation, like somehow he needed to find the link, or any connection with Kim Jaejoong, a boy he used to know before.
He took out another file that contains all the information about Kim Jaejoong.

 

Even from the private investigator he had hired, they weren’t able to track the trace of Kim Jaejoong. His last information was he dropped out from the university they used to go together, and then he is currently living in Italy with a relative in which the Kim’s have perfectly concealed on that matter.

Yunho was at lost, the last thing he want to do is to fly to Italy and confirm this himself, but he decided it wasn’t worth the time or the money, especially when his target right now is the male in front of him. Han Youngwong.     

 

Thinking through the matter, he finally came out with a plan, just for his amusement and if he’s lucky, he probably would get some matter confirmed.

 

 

[Han Youngwong’s office at Jung’s corp]

Being absent from work for two days does take a toll in your life. Believe it.

Jaejoong mentally cursed himself over the pile of files that landed on his desk. What was he expecting from the billion dollars earning company, of course they’ll work you to death. Or else what the they even pay you in the first place.

Being determined on not being fired before the allocated time yet, Jaejoong pull out his gears and put on his working mood in place. He neatly tucked off his jacket and hung it behind his probably hundred dollar chair before start checking through the paper works. Some of them were but some of them were well done, proved that the company really have a diverse type of people working there. It makes him wonder why the company even hired half of the staff in the first place if those people doesn‘t even do their work right.

After almost four hours cramped at his desk, a knock on the door broke his concentration. The door opened and a person he was least wanted to see entered his office.  

“Hey…how are you feeling?”

Jaejoong lifted his eye brow, he can’t be serious, he just dumped all his work on him and now he was asking how he was feeling?

Like , if that was the true answer but he decided to be polite instead. That man is still someone superior than him at work.

“Fine…I guess, except for all these works that required my attention. Which remind me, while I was out on my day off, what have you been doing? Don’t you even do any of these???” He pointed out.

“I’m the CEO, I got a secretary to do these reviewing for these minor projects and I bet she even has another person below her that does stuff for her. And besides, there’s a lot more works to be done by me. What use of the staffs I hired if they’re gonna ended up complaining over just a small amount of work? Or are you really that weak, Kim Jaejoong?”

There was a moment of silent before Jaejoong burst out laughing. He knew it, it was the other’s way of having him submissive to him. Giving extra work, calling him name that he certainly had corrected the man a hundred times before. His laughter died eventually with the other stern stare at him, he practically wiped his imaginary tears.
“You’re funny Mr.Jung. For the last time I’ve checked, my name is Han Youngwong. Stop confusing me with some else. It’s funny that you used those same old tricks of faking an old lover to get into someone’s pant. It’s getting lame. Shouldn’t you be coming up with new pick up lines, Mr. Jung?”

“I’m glad you find it amusing. Have you had lunch?”

“No, thanks to a certain someone, my hands are tied.” He glanced back onto the current file he was reading before the other had disturbed him, realizing he just did a mistake without properly reading the atmosphere right. !

“Come on, I’m hungry. Let’s have lunch together. There’s a certain place I want us to go together.” He should have detected that was coming in the first place.

“I’m going have to pass, ask someone else. I’m not interested.” He politely declined.

“Oh… come on. I insist.”

Without waiting for the other respond, Yunho had already dragged the other out from his office while he barely managed to grab onto his coat and wallet before being driven to a restaurant. 

 

 

 

 

 

The place is nice, a five star restaurant, a bit too fancy for a simple casual lunch between two co-workers, but he held it in. The waiter leaded them to a table and handed them the menu.

“Well then, I hope you’re hungry, they served the best French cuisine here.”

Youngwong stared boredly on the menu and eyed his surrounding, looking uninterested. “I guess this is alright.” His monotone induced a smirk from the other. He was being difficult, he knew yet he seemed to be the least concerned about it.

By the time they had finished ordering, a couple walked into the dining area, the lady seemed familiar to Youngwong, and he couldn’t surge the sense of familiarity around her. But that wasn’t what startled him the most.

It was the male company of the lady, all suit up with well styled hair and those ridiculously glass he put on with, Changmin, as he was casually followed her to the table. Youngwong felt his heart leap at the coincidence meeting between them because only then he realized who the lady was. His older sister, Kim Jaekyung.

“Representative Jung, I’m Kim Jaekyung from the Kim’s Corp. Nice to finally able to meet you in person.” She greeted Yunho, before her stare met Youngwong’s. They stood frozen in front of each other with Youngwong silently panicking inside, praying that she doesn’t recognize him.

Changmin came into view, he cleared his throat a little to break off the tension before introducing himself to Yunho and Youngwong. The presence of the other alone sent a sense of calmness through Youmgwong. Yunho and Jaekyung exchanged a few more greeting before the waiter came and took their order.

Both Youngwong and Changmin thought that this was a trap, but it was bound to happen, Jaejoong meeting with one of his family member, so there’s no helping it, it’s best if they deal with it now then later.

 

The lunch went well, with the talk about business exchanged between them, while Youngwong did his best to participate in the conversation and does not blew his cover on his real identity in front of Yunho and Jaekyung, she didn’t even suspect a thing, of course, the talk about the Kim’s corporation is interested and the Jung’s latest project was one of the topics that had the conversation keep going.

Youngwong did his best also to ignore the interaction between Jaekyung and Changmin. How her hand kept caressing the other’s arm even as they tried to hide it, or how suddenly her hand would disappeared under the table and Tae Hyun awkwardly cleared out his throat. He wasn’t blind to the flirtatious gesture exchange between these two. Yunho saw them but doesn’t say otherwise, he could just assume that these two had something going between them.

 

By the end of lunch, Youngwong was left with even fouler mood. He didn’t even bother to wait for lunch to finish and asked to excuse himself early, creating an imaginary reason about some unfinished business he just remembered while the truth was… he was flaring with anger, jealousy.

 

Yunho suspected something but he couldn’t gauge the reaction he was expecting, Kim Jaekyung supposed to detect something, but he was surprise she didn’t say anything. As he went back alone to the office, his mind kept repeating the whole scene…

Did he over suspecting thing?

Kim Jaejoong and Han Youngwong aren’t the same person?

He kept on pondering over the subject on his way back.

  

 

 

 

 

[Parking basement, at Changmin’s apartment]

 

‘click’

Changmin locked his car using the remote while casually losing his tie and ruffle his hair messily, as he made his way to the elevator. He passed through the lobby when he noticed a familiar figure, sitting, waiting for him on the couch in the lobby.

He approached the other and caressed his shoulder. The boy startled but as soon as he saw him, he sent him his deadly glare. Changmin’s tongue tied.

“Your room. Now.” The boy demand, and leaded the way to the apartment with him silently followed from behind.

While they were both alone in the elevator, Changmin dared himself to start a conversation.

“Listen if this is about today’s lunch….”

He didn’t get to finish, Jaejoong was looking at him like he would rip his throat out if he even dare to say a thing about anything. He kept his words to himself. It was the first time Jaejoong looked deadly to him.

As soon as they entered the apartment, everything was quite, no sight of Minjong or Changmin’s mother around. They were alone by themselves. Changmin got rid his tie and undone a few button, making him y as but Jaejoong held it in, he gulped down and wall nearly crumple over the sight but kept his temper checked.

Yup, he’s still angry.

Changmin waited for the other to say anything to him but when nothing came out, he was about to head into his room when Jaejoong held onto him, slamming his back on to the nearest wall. Changmin did nothing to resist, as Jaejoong was gripping tight onto his collar shirt, crumble it to wrinkles.

“Why her? Of all the other people around Jung, why did you have to pick her?” His eyes were fuming with fire, his voice cracked and Changmin detected tension in his tone.

He breathed in deeply, trying to calm down his nerve and probably the pain he felt on his back while caresses the other’s waist, one hand on his waist while another on his cheek. The other did nothing to push them away, which Changmin took it as a good sign.

Kim Jaejoong is jealous, or probably the worst he was feeling right now is insecurity. Earlier, when he saw Changmin along side with his sister, he felt a wave of nausea hit him, much worse than what he had felt when he was pregnant, or when Yunho threw him aside after learning that fact or even when his own family turned their back on him. He just simply couldn’t bring himself to think the idea of losing Changmin, his life support to someone else, while that someone else turned out to be his own sister, the one that had always taken away so much of his precious things from him.

His grip tightens on Changmin’s shirt.

“I can’t lose you Min-ah. Just, not you too.”

They stood really close to one another, with Jaejoong practically glued on Changmin’s body. Changmin titled his head, making he was able to look into those teary doe eyes, staring back at him.

He wiped those fat droplets of tears off Jaejoong’s cheeks.

“Don’t cry, Jae.”

Jaejoong snapped at that.

“Don’t with me! Don’t act gentle with me right now Shim Changmin! Cause I’m ing really angry at you right now.”

He slapped the other’s hand away. Right now he felt his head bubbled with anger and nothing could cool it off at any moment right now. Things were happening so fast, he must have really lose control because by the time his mind registering anything, he already had his lips pressed onto Changmin’s, biting and on every inch that he could get while never loosening his hold onto the other. He was dominating the kiss, never bulging or given any inch for Changmin to resist him.  Changmin did nothing to resist him, simply indulging him with his abuse. He must have bitten too much because the next thing he knew, he tasted copper and by the time they finally pulled away, red liquid smeared on both of their lips. Changmin’s lips were bleeding, but he showed no sign of surprise or pain.  

They took a moment to stare into each other, there was a pang of guilt sweep passed him before Changmin took a hold on his hand and dragged him into the bedroom. He followed him obediently.

Changmin made him sat in the middle of the bed, casually taking off his hoodie and shirt Jaejoong was wearing. He cupped his face.

“Aren’t you curious? Where else has she been touching me?” Changmin smirked as he saw Jaejoong’s eyes flared up over that remark, within a second, Jaejoong was already straddling him, his possessiveness automatically as he wrapped his arms around him.

“Mine. I am not going to seat there quietly and watch as she takes control over you.” He started ravishing every bit of Changmin he could get before he decided the cloth was getting in their way. Changmin let him take the lead, be damned as he was getting infuriated further by the idea of his very own sister touching what’s his. He kissed and grinded their lower bodies together, getting delicious frictions on their south.

By the time both were already hard and in panting mess, he was more than ready to slam himself down onto the other, penetrating himself without much of preparation,

Changmin hold still onto his waist, halting his every move.

His eyes looked confused at the other before his grip tighten on Changmin’s hand, tears fall heavily on his cheeks, practically begging to let him continue.

“Why…why wouldn’t you let me take you?”

His voice sounded small and defeated. Changmin shook his head and kissed his tears away.

“Is it because I have a child? Or is it because I was too dependent on you? Or because you are in love with someone else? Do you hate me now that I showed a selfish side of me?” Jaejoong looked down, scared of seeing what Changmin thought about him after that night.

“Kim Jaejoong, listen to my words clearly.” Changmin kissed him before staring back at him. He swore his breath hitched with the way Changmin was looking at him.

“You’re not going to lose me Jae. Don’t you realize it even until now? What matter the most to me is you. You and our boy. Can’t you see all I am doing is for the sake of you and Minjoong? I treasure both of you and for that I would never turned my back on you.” Changmin’s hand caressed his tight.

“I’ve been waiting to hold you like this for so long, waiting for you to get here while I kept a safe distance from you, not wanting to hurt you more than you already was. You remember the first time we met, I promised to be your knight, protecting you from the cruel world and I don’t want to be the cause of your pain. So I never said a thing about my feeling, how I’ve always wanted to hold you like this.”

He caressed the other cheek and placed a kiss over there. Changmin turned their position over and had him pinning the other now.

Jaejoong grew shy over the way Changmin was looking at him, he felt he was being cherished and loved too much, he covered his face with both of his hands, to embarrass to even look at the person he was throwing his tantrum just now.

 “Don’t hide Jae baby, you’re beautiful. I want to see you face when I finally make love to you.”

 Changmin gently pried his hands away, leaving a flushing, tomato red cherry face peeking back at him.

“You…you love me? Like a lover?” His voice sounded small.

“More than you could ever imagine Jaejoong.” Changmin lend closer and they finally shared a proper kiss, Changmin was being sweet with his touch while Jaejoong felt he was really loved.  

They were lost in their moment while making love, never felt more content than before in their life.

By morning came, Jaejoong was happily snuggle to Changmin. He laid his chin rested on the Changmin’s chest while they intertwined their hands together, he blinked his sleepy eyes at him and smile contently while Changmin free hand played with his copper brown hair.

“Good morning Minnie.” Changmin smiled over the nickname.

“Good morning jagiya.” He landed a peck on his new proclaimed lover’s forehead.

Jaejoong blushed over the endearment. “Jagiya?“ He bits his lower lips.

“Hm, jagiya.” Changmin hummed and place another peck on his cheek. Jaejoong’s eyes traced on a bit swollen on Changmin lips.

“I’m sorry. About this.” He traces his finger tip on Changmin’s lips.

“Don’t be. I’m just happy you got jealous over me. That mean you care.” Changmin catches the wandering finger.

“Where’re Minjoong and your mother? You don’t think they heard us last night do you?” Jaejoong lift his head a bit, titled his head as he stared at the other. There was a hint of panicky rose from his tone. Changmin chuckled and caressed the other’s plump lips.

“You worried? Afraid of Minjoong caught a glimpse of his appa and umma in action?”

Jaejoong frown and knocked the other on his head.

“It’ll be weird if I don’t worry. God Changmin! He’s only four. I would like to keep his innocent very much.”

“They’re not here. They’re at my aunt’s place, mom said she wanted to show off to her sisters her grandchild.”

“She grew very fond of him huh? I hope Minjoong doesn’t trouble her so much.”

“They’ll be fine, she adores him too much and he’s a good kid. Must have been taking after you.”

“Or you, you two spend time together a lot lately than he’s with me. I’m sure he takes after you as well.”

“But they said blood is thicker than water..” Changmin’s turns hurt for a moment, before quickly masked with his smile.

“Changmin. Stop. Don’t go there. Please.” Jaejoong rose from their previous position and straddle the other, hands both on Changmin’s shoulder.

“Minjoong’s father is you. I want him to be you, you deserve the title more than his real father does.”

“But Jae, that’s what you want, what about Minjoong, don’t you think he would want to know?”

Jaejoong cupped Changmin’s face, smiling reassuringly. “When the times come, if he really needs to know it so badly, then I’ll tell him myself. Till then, his father is you.” He hugged Changmin tightly, while Changmin slowly returning the gesture.  

Jaejoong silent thought,

‘That man asked me to abort Minjoong, he asked me to kill Minjoong, there’s definitely no way I would ever going to tell him about that.’

A thought occurred to him out of sudden. He pulled away from the hug.

“Right, so what are you planning to do next? And why would you need my sister for? Can’t the plan involve without having you intertwined with her? Even if you need to use her, why can’t you make it so that you wouldn’t have to deal with her, personally?” He sulked, pulling out his famous trick, showing his kicked-puppy-look with those cherry lips in pout. Changmin chuckled and threw the blanket away from them.

“That jagiya, is part of my plan, which I don’t want to discuss in our current state, not while you still have dried on you.” He wrapped his hands around Jaejoong tights and lifted him off the bed, with their previous position, it wasn’t that hard. “Let’s hit the shower first, I want us to consummate our first night properly. We skipped step 1 and went straight to child rearing, now let’s just properly enjoyed being lover for the moment. Then later I’ll explain where we should head next.”

Jaejoong grinned contently and wrapped his arms around the other’s neck.

“Alright yeobo.” He giggled. “Lead the way.”

They exchanged giggled while Changmin make his way into the bathroom, feeling light hearted and content after a very long time.