Prayers

Dead lambs in the night.

Kris securely locks the door that lead to the stairways to the 5th floor, with every member insight, he places his ear against the door praying that the 4th floor they've just come from remained as quiet as it did when they left it.


Silence held up for a good for seconds and he lets out a sigh, he turns around to where the rest of the guys were stood and watched them breathe heavily, with their sweat covered faces they suddenly all turned to Kris.


"H-Hyung... lets move" Tao spoke softly with both hands on Kris, he pulls him away from the door and leads him towards the upcoming spiral of stairs.


Their walk to the 5th floor was painfully numbing as their legs would quiver and shake, breaking out into a spasm from time to time; "this was it," Kris thought, this was their limit, "they can't run anymore."


He wipes the beads of sweat from his face with his shirt still covered in the crimson red splats of Luhan's blood, he suddenly pauses as he recalls the tragic scene which unfolded two floors ago; with his hand clasping tight on his own chest now.


"W-what..."


His Eyes widened and he begins to hyperventilate, inhaling and exhaling at a rapid speed he kneels on the ground; the members hurried towards him as he was about to hit the floor; Tao grabs him quick and tugs him up as Suho cowers underneath Kris' arm, struggling to hold him upright.


"Hyung! Come on Come on," Tao sofly pats his face but Kris was unable to speak, hand still grasping tight on his chest, he knew that the members were at their limits but he foolishly forgot that he was at his limit too.


As all of them emerge from the door of the 5th floor with Kris still hanging over Suho and Tao's hands placed firmly on his back, they had no other choice but to make a pitstop.


Their bodies dropped on the ground legs still quivering as they all flung their heads back heaving and panting, desperately gasping for air.


"I locked the door" Suho whispered with the obvious hint of sorrow in his words.


 "...But I don't know how long this door will hold them out for"


The place fell silent with no one having the heart to reply; the sound of stifled crying drained out the quiet as everyone hands clasped their faces.


Kris was still very much frozen, his body still unable to move, he sat their like a vegetable as watched his brothers sob frantically, mourning and praying for the lost of both Xiumin and Luhan.


Their cries become more and more frantic  as tears  carried on pouring out from their eyes, they hold tight onto eachother with everyones hand in hand; Tao grabs Suhos as Suho grabs Kris. The calming touch and warmth from one another was enough to keep his pulse beating at a bearable speed and within this moment, they took the chance to say their prayers.

"They're all shaking" Kris watched them all as they murmured pleading words to god under their breaths.


Faces very sore and red, stained wet from their tears their lips would tremble as they whispered each word.


As the heartfelt words and the question of 'why?' were sent to god, Kris felt a sort of relevation unfold inside him as he squeezes Suhos hand tight breaking the prayer that Suho was in mid-way off, everyone opens their eyes at the abrupted stop of whispers to see Kris standing high, he dashes quickly into the unlocked offices of the 5th floor, and was heard toppling books and ornaments and random bits and bobs over.


The members were confused and didn't know what Kris was planning until he comes out dragging a massive bookcase with him.


"I'm barricading this ing door yeah?"


 A light bulb suddenly pings in all the members thought trail as they bolt up, without a question of the doubt they followed suit and began to pull out masses of heavy weighted furnitures; from tables to bookcases, chairs to sofas even the damn LCD screen tv Lee Soo Man kept hidden away; with all of this they proceeded to barricade the door heavily.


"Will this keep them out hyung?" Kyungsoo asks as he pushes in the final cupboard, the door was nowhere to be seen with numerous furnitures blocking the entrance; a sigh of relief was released as everyone felt a little more at ease knowing that even if they do get through the main door, they have to break through everything else here too.


"To be honest Kyungsoo...." Kris pauses, making sure he finds the right words to say.


".....I think it will" He turns his gaze upwards towards the ceiling, knowing damn well that that was a lie because these men downstairs came booted with chainsaws and and machetes and probaly many other tree cutting tools designed to basically break through wood which 99.9% of the furnitures baricading the door was made up off.


"...yeah I think it will too" Kyungsoo smiles and places a gentle hand on Kris' shoulder as he squeezes lightly he looks down at his feet, mouth opening with the motive of having something to say; he pauses, looks at Kris dead in his eyes only to form that heart shaped smile again.


It was obvious Kyungsoo was about to ask about Xiumin and Luhan, everyone wanted to ask about Xiumin and Luhan, but they knew that whatever he had to say, none of them would have been able to handle the morbid truth.


The members dose themselves up with a satisfying amount of tap water from one of the opened bathroom, they proceed out the door one by one wiping wet hands on shirt with Kris still intently watching as if making sure they were all there, his arms were folded and a strange but bitter feeling started to arise.


"It's been too quiet, why aren't they here yet?" He questions himself as eyebrows scowl inwards, with Kris lost in his thought trail a lost Yixing appears with a cup filled to the brim with tap water and hands it to Kris, "You haven't drank yet.... here" And places the cup in Kris' open palm as he turns around and strudders away into one of the opened offices.


Kris stares open-mindedly at the cup in his palm, hand still vividly trembling he could see the ripples it created in the water.


"Ah, whatever.." He downs the cup of water fast and breaks the empty cup in his hand only to throw it aside.


"I think it's time to move guys," Kris rounds up the remaining members, subconciously counting their numbers again in his head, "Chen, Baek.. Yeol... Suho, Jongin... Sehun.. Tao, Kyungsoo...Kyungsoo.. Kyung...soo.......wait, where's Yixing?" Head in the air now, glancing around the 5th floor a Yixing was nowhere to be caught in sight.


"Ya, where's Yixing?" He calmly speeds around the 5th floor popping head into random offices to only be welcomed by a random mass of SM entertainments artists merchandise, as Kris was about to stick his head through the last unlocked door; Yixing emerges with hands equipped with a bunch of baseball bats which had the Girl's Generation logo plastered all over it.


"We'll need this hyung," Yixing hands a bat over to Kris with a weary smile as everyone else stampedes over grabbing one each for themselves.
".... Just in case hyung, Just in case we'd have to fight back" Yixing lifts the metal bat up with his hand, trying to justify the weight of it as Kris launches an arm over his shoulder he smiles briefly as if all the burden of trying to keep the guys alive had been briefly lifted off his shoulders, he whole-heartedly leads them forward, towards the next flight of stairs.

The members quiet footsteps would briefly fill the hallways as they carefully took strides in unison, arms linking onto one another. It's been a while since any noise was last heard Kris thought, baseball bat draped over his broad shoulders.

Sadly for Kris, he spoked way too soon as the eerie presence of an opening elevator door took over the 5th floor, destroying any sort of reassurance and peace the member held onto briefly; they pause in their tracks with hearts thudding violently, the sound of the elevator pings as the door could be heard sliding into a close.

"No"

Kris bites back his tongue, and cautiously swallows his saliva as gentle footsteps could be heard closing in on them.

"No"

His eyes flicker from side to side,  watching everyone freeze in their tracks.

".....No, please"

He finds the courage, tilting his head back slowly, as the gentle footing stopped.

A quiet voice whispers...

"Oppa, I like you."

 

 

 

 


Authors Note:

Hi everyone! thank you for taking the time out to read my fic first of all.

I'm slowing down the pace of the story now and I hope I don't bore anyone >.<

But so far alot of peoples been liking it and it makes me so happy ! kyaa~~ I'll try and update as much as possible, and hopefully next chapter should be out soon woo!

P.s I know in the previous chapter the elevator was out of order, everything will be revealed nxt chapter!