“First kiss”

Flight To Paradise

I was lost in my thoughts when Jinsoo started to make the presentations. But before he could continue, we both cut him at the same time "We know each other” we said in unison. Jinsoo gave us a surprised look and asked how we knew each other and I said nonchalantly "We met on the plane a week ago." "Oh! I see" Jinsoo said. "And you? How do you know each other?” I asked. "I worked on a project with BLAQ Entertainment two years ago and we kept in contact." It was my turn now to say "Oh! I see." Jinsoo was a record producer, so it wasn’t weird at all that they would know or work with each other since they are in the same industry. Anyway, life takes weird turns sometimes.

There was a weird silence for a little bit, and then Jinsoo proposed to get some drinks for us. After he left the room, Byunghee started staring me with a peculiar look, and I couldn't decipher it, it felt like disdain, disgust, and lust altogether. Jinsoo was taking forever to come back and I felt embarrassed with Byunghee looking at me like that, so I stood up to leave the room when he stated, "So this is your ambiance, huh? Is that how you do it? Hooking up with people in clubs and bars. Tell me, do you have a radar to detect rich men?"  I ignored him and took two at steps forward when he stood up from the couch and followed me "You can't answer my question, can you?"  I stopped in my track and turned to face him and replied, "What would be the point in answering you, when you already judged, and condemned me. Did you even asked what the relationship between Jinsoo and me was?"
"Jinsoo! Huh? Are you that intimate with him to call him by his first name? Is he you lover? Or you were just luring him to sleep with you so you can con him? My brother wasn't that easy huh or are you running out of time?" I gritted my teeth and fisted my hands so hard that my nails were digging into my flesh. This guy was pushing me to my limits. He was deliberately provoking me; I took a deep breath to regulate my voice so that it didn't sound  shaky as I replied "What I do in my private life is none of your business Jung Byunghee- ssi. And I would like it for you to stay out of it." He laughed bitterly "How do you want me to do that when you are trying to insert yourself in mine. First, you tried to seduce my brother and now my friend. But don't worry; I am looking out for them." He got closer to me "You see you are not their type. So if you are looking to marry big, with those two you don't stand a chance. My brother already has someone in sight and Jinsoo-hyung will just chew you up and spit you out."

I looked at him with big eyes, he couldn't have been more wrong about me, but I wasn’t going to be the one to tell him that. I was so mad that I replied "What do you know about me, huh? You sound like an ignorant bastard to me..."  I wasn't finished telling him what I thought about him, when he grabbed me by the arms "What do I know? I know that you are a gold digger, looking to marry big. But you know, you are not half bad for a one night stand. Some people would be willing to pay to hit that" he said looking at me from head to toe with an indecent gaze. I became red with rage, pushed him away and slapped him with all my might. "You are a pig. You can never compare to Jinsoo oppa or your bother, at least they are gentlemen." I turned around to leave but he grabbed my right arm and pulled me towards him, before I could react or say anything, he put his lips on mine. I was surprised and tried to push him away but I couldn't and my body as a traitor gave up, and I opened my mouth and return his kiss.

 For a second, I forgot where I was and everything that was around me, anything that wasn't us, his lips were so soft and tempting. When he slid his warm tongue inside my mouth, I felt like I was melting like butter in the sun. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he slid one arm around my waist and the other one behind my neck, holding me closer to him. My legs became weak, and if I wasn't holding onto him, I think I would have fallen. For seconds, I lost all sense of reality but I was abruptly brought back when he slid his hand under my mini dress and broke the kiss to whisper in my ear "I guess even the pig would do as long as he can pay, huh?" It felt like someone just threw a bucket of cold water in my face, I snapped back into reality. We were still hugging and he gave a wry laugh of victory. I amassed all the strength I had left and pushed him away, so much that he fell back into the couch behind him. My heart was beating so fast that I thought I would have passed out, and tears were menacing to come out. I ran away from him leaving the room, but I could still hear his mocking laugh.

 I looked for Seojin and I saw her dancing with Seungho, she looked like she was in heaven, I didn’t want to disturb her so I head toward the exit door. I passed by Jinsoo who was flirting with one of the girls at the bar. 'Classic Jinsoo, flirting with everybody except me', I thought ‘Girls could never resist him, and too bad I wasn’t an exception either’. I passed by him in a rush, but he noticed me and ran after me "Where are you going Ana?" “I am leaving. It was nice to see you again Oppa.”  I was trying to hold back my tears. I didn't want him to see that I was crying.  "Wait, you can't leave by yourself, what about Seojin?" I motioned her to him with my head, "I'm going to get her," he said. I grabbed his arm to stop him "No. Leave her, I will take a taxi." I said making my way through the door.  "No, I will drive you." I sighed of relief; truthfully, I didn't think I had enough money to pay the cab fare from Iteawon to Myungdong, so I was really happy that he volunteer to drive me to Seojin's apartment, but I was hoping that he wouldn't asked any questions.
As we were driving back, as much as I tried, I couldn't stop thinking about what just happened, he called me a e and I ended up proving him right, kissing him like that. I have never been so humiliated in my entire life. I tried greatly to hold my tears in, but my body started shaking and I started sobbing. I couldn't stop my tears anymore, so I let it all out. Out of concern, Benjamin stopped the car on the side of the road and took me his arms. “I don’t know what happened, but I am sorry baby.” Ben, he was always so sweet with me, calling me baby all the time. I used to hate that, but right now, I didn’t care at all.
 

Jinsoo was Seojin's older brother and the three of us grew up together. He was three years older than I was, and was my first love. I fell in love with him when I was ten and when I turned sixteen I confessed to him, he gave me my first kiss but told me that he couldn’t date me. He was nineteen and first year college student and told me that I was still a kid in his eyes. He moved away a year later to live with his father in England before moving back to Korea, but because of his job, he was never in one place for long, since he was traveling all the time. I never seriously dated anyone because I was still waiting for him. I just dug myself deeper in work and never considered opening myself up or having feelings for anyone else, until I met Byunghee.

I still had feelings for Ben since he was my first love, but after what just happened with Byunghee, I was feeling confused more than ever. Benjamin was caressing my hair, and I let myself go in his arms. After I had calmed down, he took my face in his hands and asked, “You are not going to tell me what just happened?” I sniffed and tried to smile. I must have looked like a puffed fish, so I turned away from him embarrassed, “Don’t worry about it. It must have been the alcohol; you know that I am not that emotional.” “I know,” he replied, “That’s what worried me the most; it must be a big deal if you are crying. Did something happen between you and Byunghee?”  He was serious and was watching me attentively, I didn’t want to hinder their friendship, so I laughed trying to dissipate his suspicion, “No, nothing happened. I barely know the guy, what can he do to me to make me cry?”

Still suspicious he asked, “Are you sure? It seemed like there was something hostile between the two of you and I wasn’t gone for more than ten minutes when you came out crying.”  “Things happen, not everybody has to like one another, you know. Anyway Jung Byunghee is light years away to be able to make me cry.” He sighed and decided to let go, for now.

I sighed in relief as we pulled up in front of the apartment complex. He stepped out of the car and opened my door for me. He was such a gentleman, and I think that sometimes he was too gentle with me. He escorted me to the front door, I opened the door and turned toward him, “I was really pleased to see you again, oppa.”  “I feel the same way too and I hope to see you again before you leave.” I smiled at him “It’s a promise.” He took my chin between his fingers and lifted my head towards him, I closed my eyes instinctively, but instead of kissing me on the lips, he kissed my forehead and I was very disappointed. He always treated me like his little sister and I hated that. I don’t know what Seojin was thinking when she dressed me like that to meet him, but it was all for nothing. The night was a big disaster, and all I wanted right now was to leave Korea as soon as possible.