Old Flame

Flight To Paradise

It's been a week since I was in Korea. I haven't seen nor heard from the BLAQ brothers since our lunch. I only have one week left and I haven't started to paved the way for Seojin yet. But, I had a feeling that he was attracted to her, he seemed to have clicked with her too. What was there not to like? It wasn’t a surprise that everyone wanted to be around her, she brightened everywhere she went. She was very attractive, and with her bangs over her eyes and her long black hair, her makeup perfectly done, she looked like a model. She was a doll, a crazy one, but a doll nonetheless.

But I didn't think about them this week especially Byunghee and I was able to enjoy my time with Seojin. We went to visit many places, but we mostly shop. I love shopping with Seojin. She has a great sense of fashion, which I lack of greatly. Her eyes lighted up as we stopped in front of a Victoria's Secret store in the mall, she looked like a kid in front of a candy store. She pulled my arm and dragged me inside. I was feeling embarrassed, so I tried to resist, but that girl, as small as she was, she was strong. She started pulling out a bunch of y lingerie once inside. I thought they were for her but she handed them to me and pushed me towards one of the booth. That's when I realized that she was picking them for me. “Eonni,what are you doing?" I asked her .

“Are you really asking me that, don't you see? They are for you." I started laughing, “Why would I need those for? It's not like I have someone to wear them for." She looked at me and smiled mysteriously "Soon you will, trust me." I couldn't keep it in anymore, so I burst out laughing. "Unni, every time I try to convince myself that you are not crazy, you come and do something that proves to me that you are in fact insane. Are you sure you are not mom's daughter?" I said laughing hysterically, "We probably were ." She looked at me and shook her head “Aigoo, no wonder you've been single for that long, guys don't like stupid girls you know. How could we have been switch at birth when we weren't even born the same year, hm? Now I know why eomma wants to get rid of you." I burst out laughing for the best, “I didn't mean it literally unni, and I was just trying to make a point.” "What point? Does it even make sense when I am older than you are? Pabo." She pouted, pushed me inside, and closed the door in my nose. ‘Really, now why is she upset with me, I was just having fun.’ I tried one of the underwear, a lacy red ensemble, not my taste and I would never picked something like that in a store, but I wanted to make her happy, so I opened the door for her to see. When she saw me, she let out a shriek. "Ana, you look so amazing. I knew you had it in you." It was worth it seeing how happy she was. I had no idea what she meant by that but soon she added, “If they saw you in this. They would be left speechless and you would be asked to get married right away." I looked at her surprised at her comment. "What the heck are you talking about, unni? Who would want to marry me after seeing me in these? It's not like I would let anybody see me in these anyway." “ Are you sure about that? Because that not what I saw the other day." " What are you talking about?" I asked her confused.

"You really don't know what I am talking about?" I looked at her more confused than ever. "Unni, are you sure you are not coming down with something?" She looked at me exasperated before replying. “Chincha! Do you think that I am that stupid? I saw you with the BLAQ brothers and I think you have the hots for Byunghee." My eyes widen and I started stuttering, “Tss... pft! Wah! Wah... where did you come with that ridiculous thing?" “ See, you are stuttering. That means something is going on between you and him." She hit the nail on the head, but I would die before I admit that I have feeling for this jerk. He called me a con artist, the stupid . Even if he were interested, I would never want anything to do with him.

“Yeah, right!. That guy really hates me, you know. So if you saw something, that was hate flowing between us." ” I think that you are in denial," she said. "No, you are in denial Unni. Did you think that I don't know that you have the hots for Yang Seungho? I can see how you looked at him, and even how you talked to him. You are crazy for the guy. Instead of me, you should be trying those things." She turned red, and it was her turn to stutter. "Shut up! Y-You d-don't even know what you are talking about. "Sorry Unni, I know you too well." "Yeah!? What do you know anyway! Let’s pay for those and go home." She signaled to the store clerk "We'll take them all." I didn’t want to give up, so I exclaimed "Look at you! You are red as a tomato. What do I know? I know enough to guarantee 100% that you are head over heels for Yang CEO." She gave a weird look but I continued, "Anyway, you will need those not me." She looked at me with sparkling eyes; "I have enough of those to wear, so don’t worry about me. You need to wear these tonight,” she said handing me the red ones I just tried, “I have a surprise for you." 'What the heck was she talking about? She scared me every time she was being so mysterious.' Well this is my last week before I head back to the states, so I should enjoy it. I don't know when I will be able to see her again and she looked so happy that I didn't want to disappoint her. Maybe she’s gonna try to hook me up with someone, but it will not work I guarantee it.

********************

I hate being in a place with so many people at the same time. It was ironic since I worked in a theater where there are always people all around and all year round. However, the ambiance was different; club scene was not my scene. Seojin's surprise was a blind date. She didn't tell me until we were in front of a club in Itaewon. 'Oh! That girl will be the death of me.'

"Do you really want me to hook up with a stranger tonight?" I asked her annoyed, "Not a total stranger" she replied while evading my eyes. I didn't know what she was planning, and there was no point in arguing with her, so I just followed along. When we got inside, it was just as I expected; loud, crowded, and annoying. I was so mad that I listened to her and wore a short red dress that she bought for me. People were turning to look at us, some with an approved look, some wanted to undress us, and some women wanted to kill us. Urgh! I hate it. But then I remembered that they probably weren't looking at me but at her. I sighed of relief thinking that it wasn't about me. I was sitting at the bar sipping a drink, when someone came behind me and covered my eye with his hands and whispered in my ears "Guess who?" I felt my skin crawl and my blood rushed all over my body giving me goosebumps. It has been a while since I've heard this voice and even though it’s been a while, I would have recognized it anywhere. I turned around and saw his beautiful smiling face, and without thinking I jumped into his arms. "Oppa! How have you been? What are you doing here, how long have you been in Korea?"

“Whoa! Slow down, baby. Well, look at you! You haven't changed a bit." Then he turned around to face Seojin "You were right sis, she is as hot as ever." I turned red from the compliment. "Baek Jinsoo, you haven't changed either." I exclaimed. Jinsoo was Seojin's older half brother and was three years older than I was. It's been about ten years since we've seen each other, and he was more attractive than ever, I couldn't take my eyes off of him, and my heart started beating faster. I didn't know why, but after so many years, he still had that effect on me, but I probably was a little bit drunk too. Benjamin was his English name and he was also half Korean, that brought us closer to each other when we were younger, but we became distanced when he moved away to live with his father in England. But we actually lost contact five years ago when I started working after college. I didn't know what to say, so I turned to the bartender and asked for something stronger. I was not a good drinker, but I knew that the alcohol would help me relax. I was about to take my third shot when Benjamin took the glass from my hand, "Really! Do I still make you that nervous?" I couldn't say a thing, so I just gave an embarrassing high-pitched laugh. "Come on, let's dance" he said dragging me to the dance floor. I loved dancing, especially with him, so I took a deep breath and let myself go into his arms. They were stronger than I remembered but my body instinctively felt at ease into his arms. The alcohol was getting in my head and I felt a heat overpowering my whole body and my body shivered when he murmured in my ears "I’ve missed you so much". I lift my head to look at his face, and I smiled at him and he bent his head closer to my face. As our lips were about to meet, someone tapped him on the shoulder and interrupted us. I was a little bit upset, he stopped and turned around to talk to the person, but when I heard the voice of the person he was talking to, I got sober in an instant. I wasn't mistaken, and when Jinsoo moved aside, my eyes met his; Byunghee.

Jinsoo guided me to a VIP room and Byunghee followed. On our way there all I could think about was why in the world would I meet him here, of all the places in South Korea, of all the days, he had to come here? 'Why did he come and ruined my moment with Jinsoo. Couldn't he have just pretended like we didn't know each other? Is he really trying to ruin my life?’