Who are you?

Flight To Paradise

After we landed, I got up as fast as I could to pick up my luggage in the overheard compartment. I was trying to get as far as could from Byunghee, just in case he got any bad ideas. But as I try to run away, I felt someone gripped my wrist, I shrieked and turned around, but my heart settled when I saw that it was Seungho.

“Where are you going in such a rush? Are you in such a hurry to get rid of me?” he said with a large smile. I put a hand over my heart and breathe a sigh of relief. I quickly glanced over to Byunghee who was standing two people behind us. I was happy that he was that far, but I did not miss the evil smirk he had on his face. I shivered. When Seungho pulled on my arm to get my attention, I looked up at him and gave him a huge smile before replying, “You are the best thing that happened to me during this flight, and I will be forever grateful to you.” He smiled in return, his lips, and said, “So how do you plan on repaying me?” I was about to answer when the line started to move, people got up from their sits and we were separated.

---------------------------

I finished my check out and was heading towards the exit doors when I heard someone call my name. I stooped in my track and glanced over my shoulder, it was Seungho, waving at me, and I smiled thinking that I had never smiled so much in my entire life. He was in the front followed by his for brothers, he stopped in his tracks when he reached me, he waved at the others to continue without him, as they went past me, and I kept my eyes down so that I don’t make eye contact with Byunghee. But I still heard the two youngest laughing as they went by, then the one named Mir commented, “See you later noona, and don’t keep hyung for too long”. I lift my eyes to look at him and he gave a wink. “Arrgg… this boy, does he ever shut up. He never missed and occasion.” But I couldn’t stop myself from laughing; he is so cute that I couldn’t deny it.

“Aish… this boy” Seungho said“, so where were we? Ah! Yeah… did you think of a way to pay me back?” I was a little confused, I thought he was joking but from the look of it, he was very serious. “Oh crap! Is he thinking about asking to sleep with him because i am from the U.S?” I stated to stutter, not wanting to come to a weird conclusion, “ I-I… I am not s-sure what you would want from m-me. I don’t r-really have anything to give.” He started laughing again “No, no, no. I am not asking for anything weird, I just wanted your phone number.” I sighed, and obviously relieved. “Oh! That, uhm…” I scratched the back of my head, embarrassed of what I was thinking.  “ I have to get international connection access, so I can’t use my phone yet. “ What about the person you are staying with, can’t you give me hers?” he insisted, “Fine, but I will have to ask her first.” “Ok, I am down with that” he said as we headed towards the exit.

    As we reach the sidewalk, I saw my friend Seojin and I ran toward her to hug her. We shrieked and started jumping up and down holding each other. Some people stopped to look at us but we didn’t care. We spend two years without seeing each other, we talked trough Skype and texted each other, but it’s not the same. “Jinju-ah, you are finally here.” ‘Yep” I replied, “I can’t believe it either. I dreamt so much about this day and here I am,” I said hugging her again. After a little pose, she said “Hey Jinju-ah, what took you so long?” I was about to answer when we heard someone scratch his throat to get our attention. I turned around a little embarrassed of our girlie act. Seojin was standing behind me that’s why I didn’t see her eyes getting big as she saw who it was. I turned around to make the presentations when I saw her frozen in place, eyes big and looking at Seungho.

“Seojin-ah, I want you to meet Seungho-ssi, Seungho-ssi this is my best friend Seojin.” She stood there in daze and I called her again “Seojin… Seojin?” I turned to Seungho a little confused but he flashed her one of his killed smiles and took the hand that she finally lift to shake his, he took her hand in his and that’s when she started to shake. “Nice to meet you” Seungho said, and swallowing her saliva she finally stammered “The pleasure is all mine.” Then I filled her in, that he wanted her phone number since I didn’t activate mine yet. “S-sure, d-do whatever you want,” she said not even beating her eyes. I gave him the phone number and I was trying to get Seojin to move but she stayed in place, but was actually drooling, so I got close to her and whispered in her ear, “Eonni, I know that you are a er for good looking guys, but you are embarrassing me.” I was shaking her a little bit trying to get a reaction from her and looking at Seungho with a sorry look.

 A black limo pulled next to us in front of the sidewalk, the driver honked the horn to get someone’s attention, and then Seungho turned to sign to the driver that he was coming before turning to me saying, “Well, my ride is here, I will call you soon.” Then he pulled a card out of his front pocket and handed to me, “Don’t lose it ok, I promise to call soon”.

“Well, there is no rush”,  I said, “I have to get installed first and…” I was cut off by a voice coming from the car, it was Byunghee’s, “Hyung, are you going to spend the day here? We actually want to home you know. Did you forget that we have better things to take care of?” then he shot me a death glare, like I was the one who impeded their business. I shrugged it off and turned to Seungho in apology, “Sorry, I didn’t want to give you any trouble…”

“No, don’t worry about it”, he replied, “They can’t start the meeting without me.”

“Meeting?” I repeated confused.

“That’s okay… I hope you don’t deny my request for you to have dinner with me.,” he said heading towards the limo, “Wait!... What dinner?” I asked more confused. “I will call you to set a time,” he said getting in the car. I shook my head in approval as the limo drove off; leaving me perplexed standing on the sidewalk. I quickly review the last minutes events, just to understand what in the world just happened, “Wait a minute… Did I just agree to go on a date with a stranger? Oh! Boy, mom I am in trouble.”  

Thinking about it, these guys had a limo waiting for them. Who were they? I know they looked familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it. I looked at the card Seungho gave me and it said BLAQ Entertainment, Yang Seungho CEO. It sounds vaguely familiar, why the heck I can’t remember. I decided to give up scratching my brain, I was too tired anyway to think about anything, so I turned to Seojin who just came out of her daze.

“Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! Eeeeeeekkkkkkk!!! Did I just shake the hand of Yang Seungho? No, no, no I can’t believe it. I will never wash this hand, never again.” She finally said. People were turning to look at her, and I grabbed her by the arm and asked “Where is your car, let’s go. I can’t believe that it’s my first day in Korea and you are embarrassing me.”

“What are you talking about? I just met one of the BLAQ brothers, the head of the BLAQ Entertainment and I can’t believe that you are so calm. How did you meet him, tell me more about him. Why did he ask for your number, well my number? Tell me more… tell me more”.

“I would tell you if you gave me a chance to talk. Geez eonni, you are acting like a teenager, a saseng.” After we loaded my things in the car, I took the passenger sit and put on my seatbelt. Seojin got in the car and started driving, as soon as she left the airport, she started  back with her rambling. I told her that we were on the same plane, and spent half the fight sitting next to Seungho, but I refrained to tell her about the incidents with Byunghee, she was acting too crazy, I think she might just pull over and throw me off the car.

Seojin was my best friend since we were little. Although she was older than I was, right now she was acting worst that a sixteen years old girl. She was lively and passionate, that’s what made me like her in the first place. We talked about everything and anything. She understood me and supported when I had a difficult time or in a sad situation, and I did the same for her. We were so close that people actually thought that we were sisters, even though I was mixed.

She was still going on and on and on about the BLAQ brothers, when she realized that I wasn’t listening to her, she slapped my arm “YAH!!! Han Jinju, are you even listening to what I am saying? Don’t you have any respect for your elder?” I scoffed at her and mumble to myself “Elder, ptfff… like you ever act like one.” “What are you mumbling?” I turned to look at her and asked “Anyway, what’s the big deal? Are these guys really that famous here?” She let go of the wheels, putting her hands on her head “OMG!!! Ana, I know you don’t go out if I don’t drag you with me, but please don’t embarrass me here ok. You really don’t know who they are. Or are you just pretending?”

“Their faces are vaguely familiar” I answered truthfully “ But I can’t remember where I saw them”. She looked at me a little exasperated, “They are one of the most popular groups in their industry and three of them are actors. You love watching dramas and you are telling me that you don’t know. I will make you watch all of the dramas they ever appeared in, you should be punished for not knowing who they are.” I scoffed at her, knowing her crazy rampages, she herself was an actress, and that’s why she dramatized everything. I was too tired to fight with her so I mumbled a “Whatever” before turning my head to the window and fell asleep. And again, I dreamt about those dark eyes, the fire burning in them like they were going to consumed me, the mocking smile, the evil smirk, then the face started taking shape, I didn’t have to see it, to know who it was… Byunghee…