You make me hate you

Flirtationship

The ‘caravan’ of cars had reached the farmhouse near to sunset, tired and stiff people stumbled out.

 

Donghae’s eyes widened.

This farmhouse was more of a palace, well a palace with vast green fields and he could hear the sound of rushing water from a distance.

Don’t tell me they have a freaking waterfall?!

“Hyung is that a waterfall we hear?” Donghae had not realized Hyukjae had arrived by their side and wow Hyukjae had just worded out Donghae’s thoguhts! Creepy. Jungsoo nodded with a tired grin and Hyujae let out an impressed whistle as he mumbled about just having to get himself one of those. Jungsoo laughed out loud and Donghae could not hold back the roll of his eyes.

 

From the next morning Donghae got busy. From constantly keeping updated with the Bride’s family and their arrival time to arranging decoarations and planning the bachelor party to preparing a Bestman speech, his hands were full and so was his mind, however none of this actually stressed him because his main source of stress was only one person. The wedding ceremony itself was to be held in a large garden which was near the waterfall, so the ceremony would have a unique and soothing air to it, Jungsoo was ecstatic about it, somehow he had always wanted to get married in a place with a waterfall, he was a romantic like that and Donghae endlessly, of course whenever Hyukjae would try joining in, donghae would go from teasing Jungsoo to subtly mocking Hyukjae or just going silent all together.

 

Hyukjae.

Donghae had mentally twisted and turned Hyukjae’s name in every possible funny/insulting way he could think of, of course he could not-sadly- say it on his face because that would be just immature, his parents had raised him well so calling the guy names was out of question.

As if Hyukjae’s cocky attitude was not enough, Hyukjae was doing practically nothing to help him! Sure Donghae was the first bestman, the official one while Hyukjae was second to him but the bastard was now using it against him! He would simply smile sweetly at donghae everytime Donghae did bother to word out that Hyukjae was not contributing, and say “Oh but Donghae-ssi, you are the first bestman, I cannot possibly try overruling your plans or act on my own~”

It was done. He hated Lee Hyukjae.

Which was strange because everyone else seemed to love Hyukjae, Donghae had not heard a single complaint regarding him, which he was betting on hearing some time soon.

Now that was strange to him, how could anyone possibly love that ?

Like right now -you-jae was standing leaning against a wall of the porch opposite to the a small lawn, hands tucked casually in his jean pockets as he flashed bright smiles at  the few girls who were trying to fill up vases with flowers. Of course the poor things got entirely distracted, blushed and gushed as Hyukjae talked some more before he threw his head back and laughed, the girls did the same and Donghae snorted, those ladies were charmed by him, donghae failed to see what was charming about that guy. Apparently Hyukjae had entirely forgotten the task Donghae had sent him to do or he was as usual, slacking off.

So balling his fists and taking a deep breath Donghae marched right over, feeling the morning breeze push against him as he approached Hyukjae with big steps and a determined mind.

It felt as if Hyukjae could feel Donghae coming because he turned his face to Donghae right on time, mischievous grin set

“Oh, hey there hot stuff” Hyukjae greeted him and the girls were sent into a fit of giggles.

Donghae entirely ignored that, bowed a polite greeting to the ladies “Would you ladies mind if I steal him for a moment?

The girls shook their heads no, seemingly enjoying the appearance of another good-looking one, Donghae thanked them meanwhile Hyukjae was barking nonsense such as: “Oh I know I won’t mind being stolen away as long as I’m getting stolen away by you.”.  Donghae grabbed hold of Hyukjae’s wrist and dragged the boy till he was sure they were out of hearing-range.

“What the is your problem?! I asked to fetch the ribbons, I did not see you doing that, you know what? You can avoid doing all this if you drop the façade of helping me, or being the second- bestman , or even caring about hyung or this wedding, because obviously that’s coming in between you and all those pretty girls to flirt with!”

Hyukjae pursed his lips, he seemed to be pondering and Donghae thought that maybe, just maybe, Hyukjae was feeling sorry-

“Just for the record Hae-Hae, I don’t think you have any need to be jealous.” Hyukjae was giving him the large sincere-eyed look and Donghae glared “What? Jealous?? Why the would I-

“Oh come now Donghae, we both know you want me, don’t do this to yourself” Hyukjae took a step close, too close as he huskily breathed out those words, his head tilted and eye half-lidded as he leaned in a bit too much. Donghae literally felt his skin crawl. On instinct his hand shot up to push against Hyukjae chest as he growled “ Stop this bull or I swear I will lose control.”

Hyukjae smirked “Oh honey, that’s exactly what I’m waiting for. Lose control already.”

Donghae was very close to punching the daylights out of this guy; his fingers were twitching in anticipation as he held on desperately to the last thread of tolerance. Donghae was fuming, eyes openly expressing his rage as he took a step forward too and to anyone else it could have seemed the two were about to kiss. Donghae was hating the entertained expression that constantly remained on Hyukjae’s face. “Hyukjae, you probably think I should be flattered, even honored to have caught your attention-how ever superficial it may be- but oh no that’s where you got it all wrong. I don’t ing care who you flirt with or who you sleep with or whatever the hell is it that you do. I’m not the shallow kind to feel flattered like this, understood? So drop all your acts and get to work if you care to make this wedding special for my hyung.”

Donghae waited, he felt light headed, he didn’t exactly hear himself speak over the sound of his blood boiling but the manner in which Hyukjae took a step back and his expressions changed, yeah that felt good, apparently hyukjae had come back to his senses.

 

“There you are!” a feminine voice broke their heated stare-down, Donghae turned, his pissed off expressions somewhat diminishing as he saw who it was.

A girl with light brown flowing hair and a dazzling smile, one of Jungsoo’s cousins he was particularly close to “Tiffany” he took a few steps ahead and opened his arms as Tiffany flew right into his embrace. Donghae thought he heard a light snort from behind him but ignored it. However Tiffany didn’t and her brows instantly rose “ Oh wait, you must be the second bestman right? Hi, I’m Tiffany!”

“And I’m Hyukjae, very nice to meet you, very nice indeed!”

Donghae’s glare had the potential to burn holes in Hyukjae’s skull as Hyukjae peered into Tiffany’s eyes.

“Right, now that the introductions are done” donghae quickly stepped in and curled an arm protectively around Tiffany’s waist, gently turning her around to walk out of the garden, Tiffany kept glancing at him worriedly “What’s wrong Oppa? You look like you could murder someone.”

“I wish I could” he muttered darkly as they climbed up the few steps into the porch and entered through the glass doors into the living room where some women were having coffee. Donghae only recognized a few of Jungsoo’s relatives who smiled sweetly at them as the two passed by and took a seat further away on two arm chairs.

“Oppa, talk to me” Tiffany insisted, leaning forward and resting her elbows on her knees she blinked at him worriedly. Donghae felt bad to make her worry like this to he smiled, a genuine smile as he shook his head “ It’s nothing, well- I just really really want this event to be super special for hyung and for everything to turn out perfect, I know you and several others are also managing different matters but I want to do my tasks as well as I can.”

Tiffany smiled warmly “Since when has stress begun to eat your nerves like this and that too so easily? Besides you know how much Jungsoo-oppa appreciates you doing all this, heck I would say the guy loves you way way more than you think he does.”

Donghae smile feeling the stiffness in his shoulders fade off.

“Besides Oppa you already did such a perfect job in the main event ground, the decorations you did and how the waterfall is set to be lit in lights is just mind-blowing. Jungsoo-oppa is going to cry, it’s that beautiful!” Tiffany gushed excitedly and Donghae gaped at her.

“Fany I have yet to get to those decorations, they are not done yet, you must be confusing that garden with another”

Tiffany shook her head resolutely “No no, I know which garden the ceremony’s taking place and that’s exactly the one I saw, it’s so fully decorated already—wait, you mean you didn’t even know—but I asked Gem-aunt and she mentioned that the two Bestmen worked hard on it and uh…” she trailed off and bit her lip, the look on Donghae’s face was not good.

“What you’re saying is…the term ‘bestmen’ was used…the two bestmen?” Donghae arched a brow and Tiffany nodded, it seemed it was dawning upon her “So then Oppa...if you didn’t get to that part yet, it has to be that Hyukjae guy…right?”

Donghae nodded a big frown in place as he stared into the carpet.  What was this guy trying to do? Get on Donghae’s good side by doing all the work himself and saying both of them worked on it?

Donghae snorted and shook his head, looking up as Tiffany continued “ In fact aunt said that Jungsoo had found amazing guys and that both of them were so hardworking, heading out at the crack of dawn..”

“Oh wow, this guy…” Donghae shook his head, a grim look on his face.

Tiffany shrugged “If you don’t mind Oppa, can I just point out one thing?” Donghae nodded “ He didn’t claim he did it alone, he referred to you too…maybe he did it out of appreciation for you, since you’re already handling several tasks, he must have thought he would just reduce your burden, according to him the decorations were planned by you, so he only went ahead and got it done.”

“Yes Tiffany but I  am having a hard time believing that guy can have anything like consideration in his soul.” Donghae rested back in his seat and unconsciously scowled at the door and ended up quickly looking away because just at the moment Hyukjae had stepped in, donghae instantly noted a smugly smiling and unfamiliar person that walked beside Hyukjae. Hyukjae’s and Donghae’s eyes met, Hyukjae instantly flashed him the widest smile and Donghae looked away.

Just what are you up to Lee Hyukjae?