You Again

Flirtationship

“Yes hyung, I’m almost there, see you and please, no stressing.”

Donghae grinned as he listened to Jungsoo’s reply from the other end before he said bye and hung up. A few days had passed since that unpleasant encounter with the snotty brat with a hot car. Donghae had managed to entirely kick that chunk of memory aside as he drove over to Jungsoo’s place that was located in a neighboring city, just four hours’ drive away. Super excited Dongha grinned all the way, Jungsoo had invited his relatives and close friends to stay over at his large house for a few days from where they would travel as a group to the venue of the wedding which happened to be Jungsoo’s uncle’s posh farmhouse with lakes and lush green landscape, Jungsoo thought it would be the perfect romantic spot to get married to the love of his life, Sora.

Once he got there he was smothered in hugs from Jungsoo and his parents who always looked at donghae as a son, Jungsoo’s mother cooed about just how charming and handsome there ‘little donghae’ had become. Donghae was a blushing mess and Jungsoo saved him just in time, the elder boy and groom-to-be dragged him up to his room and ushered him to sit. Donghae grinned excitedly at that wide smile that was just not leaving his hyung’s face.

“I’m so happy Hae!”

“No !”

Jungsoo narrowed his eyes playfully “Rude, is this the thanks I get for choosing you as my bestman?”

Donghae chuckled and draped himself all over Jungsoo, clinging and hugging, sniggering as he did not heed to Jungsoo’s protests “can’t breathe, get off, you’re heavy!”

“You didn’t have much of a choice hyung” donghae grinned cheekily “Of course it had to be, it could only be me!”

The two instantly transformed into boys as they wrestled briefly on the floor, laughing and hitting all the while as donghae relentlessly teased Jungsoo about finally putting a ring on it. He was grinning madly when he heard Jungsoo’s mother call out to them, mentioning something about Jungsoo’s ‘second bestman’ and Donghae’s smile dropped instantly. With wide inquiring eyes he stared at Jungsoo who sheepishly knotted his fingers together “See…about that.”

“No ing way- a second bestman?! What even?!! Was I not enough for you hyung-“

“-Hae please listen-

“-how could you do this to me!”

“Oh hear me out!” Jungsoo pleaded, taking a hold of Donghae’s shoulders who huffed, irritated but did give up and listen when Jungsoo gave him that unbelievable heartbroken look.

“Look you know you are my number one best dongsaeng since forever, we got our childhood and school memories, there is no beating that but-“

“But you met someone else” Donghae grunted, annoyed and Jungsoo scoffed about how he sounded like a snappy girlfriend who had just heard the boyfriend had cheated on her, Donghae tried to keep his expressions angry.

“Well, when I did go to the university in the U.K , I met this awesome guy, also a South-Korean and a dongsaeng, and he had that sincerity of heart that I just could not help but like and Hae, I would have not accepted his request to become my second bestman had I thought you two would not get along, in fact he’s only a few months older than you and I swear you’ll like him too! Please do this for hyungie. He knows about you and he said that he will happily accept being second to you” Jungsoo ended with a wide toothy smile, looking all sorts of hopeful and endearing. Donghae sighed, defeated by how his hyung always had a way with words.

“Fine” he bit out, hesitantly “He better not be a jackass though and I’m doing this because I love you hyung, perhaps a bit too much” he scowled and Jungsoo smiled as he embraced Donghae, patting his back and thanking him.

 

“Woah, sorry to interrupt the little moment you’re having here but, hi hyung, I have arrived! Tell me where the party at~--” the person got cut short, his eyes stuck on Donghae, meanwhile Donghae turned to see who it was as his mind kept nagging at him about having heard that voice somewhere.

That’s when he finally saw who it was and he instantly felt anger rush in.

No, it could not be, better not be!!

“Hyukjae!” Jungsoo cheered and Donghae felt his body grow stiff. He watched, his body rigid and expression dark, as Jungsoo proceeded to hug ‘Hyukjae’, cheerfully smiling and Donghae felt dread polling in the pit of his stomach while the Hyukjae’s expressions turned from surprised-

To a freaking smug smirk

“Oh wow, what a pleasant surprise seeing you here.” Hyukjae nearly purred and Jungsoo instantly pulled away as he witnessed his happy expressions “OH this is awesome, Hyukjae, you two know each other?”

“No hyung, thank !” Donghae’s heavy growl had Jungsoo dropping his smile instantly, his eyes grew wide at just how pissed off Donghae looked and then his eyes slowly travelled to a still smiling Hyukjae, the two seemed to have locked their gazes in a challenging manner and Jungsoo could feel the tension radiating

“Um guys?” Jungsoo called out wearily, eyes darting back and forth from the angry one to the happy one.

“Oh  we are fine hyung~” Hyukjae finally turned his eyes to Jungsoo, Jungsoo heard a distinct “No we are not” from Donghae and it didn’t take much to figure out the two had obviously had bad history.

Jungsoo walked to a spot in between them and sighed “Look you two” he started with a tender tone, eyes pleading “ It’s my wedding, in almost a week and you both are important to me, I wish we had the time to sit our asses down and I could help you talk out whatever happened between you two but do your hyung a favor and just behave yourselves atleast till the end of the wedding and then you can both freely have a go at each other, I can see how much you look like you want to punch Hyukjae, Donghae”- Donghae grunted and glanced away, brows creased “But please, hold that urge back and tolerate?” Jungsoo actually pouted while Hyukjae gasped out protests about nothing bad happening, Donghae let out the most sarcastic guffaw ever and Jungsoo shook his head “So please, tell me, can you two do this for me? Will you two behave?”

Silence followed. Jungsoo was especially worried now, he knew Donghae too well. The guy did not get ticked off easily, but when he did it would take a long while for him to return to his usual cheerful self. He knew Hyukjae too, the guy was fun-loving and precious, so he seriously could not figure out what ever had Hyukjae done to get on Donghae’s bad side.

“Fine.”

Jungsoo’s head snapped at Donghae who knotted his hands together tightly “Fine hyung and I understand. I promise you won’t be hearing any complaints from me. Since if this…’friend’ of yours does bother me I shall simply shove my fist down his throat. Of course if Hyukjae-ssi manages to somehow keep himself under control, I’m sure I won’t need to punch anyone’s face.”

Jungsoo gaped at Donghae’s narrowed eyes and lingering smirk, his eyes travelled to Hyukjae who seemed as cool and calm as ever. Hyukjae flashed Donghae a 100 megawatt smile “Donghae-ssi, we have a deal” he stretched out donghae’s name a bit and Jungsoo winced.

He could not help but have a very very bad feeling about this.

----

“Hai there, partner”

Donghae turned to see who had called out and his eyes dimmed as soon as he saw Hyukjae walking up to him with a large secretive grin, as if the boy was plotting something in his head and no, donghae certainly did not want to find out.

“ off” Donghae flashed an overly-sweet and contradictory smile, his words super hushed  since there were aunties and uncles around, and in and instant he dropped that smile.

Hyukjae scrunched his eye brows as if hurt, but donghae could totally see how those eyes of his were twinkling as if the bastard was enjoying this! “Oh come on now, donghae~”

“It’s Donghae-ssi to you, but I would prefer you not talking to me at all unless it has to do with hyung’s wedding arrangements.” He said curtly as he moved away. Hyukjae was persistent though “Donghae-ssi~. I think we have several misunderstandings-“

“See, Hyokjai-ssi-oh wait was it Hyukjae? Yeah, so Hyukjae-ssi” he sarcastically responded “I don’t think so, I’ve accepted trying to put up with you just because of my hyung, so let’s just not talk unless we really need to and everything will be fine and dandy, now excuse me, I need to actually help around, unlike a certain someone who is probably going to be dishing out kisses through his Porsche.”

With that Donghae stepped away, fists clenched as he witnessed several of Jungsoo’s relatives pilling into cars, stuffing bags in and with all the loud chattering going on, donghae made sure he ignored and avoided Hyukjae entirely. Sure he was a tolerant adult but his tolerance ran short fast if he had to deal with arrogant show-offs and oh boy, Hyukjae was the very definition of what Donghae simply could not stand.

“Woops, my foot slipped” he offered unconvincingly as he literally shoved Hyukjae out of the way and hurriedly entered the car, that had only one spot free and just happened to be the car Jungsoo was seated in, scooting in right next to Jungsoo and turning his head to send a bland smile Hyukjae’s way, he slammed door shut and their car moved out.

Donghae felt so good, his lips stretched out in a conspiring grin, slamming the door in that brat’s face sure did feel good, that ought to knock some sense into him. Curiously he peeked over his shoulder and instantly his displeased expression returned because he could clearly see Hyukjae standing there with that wretched smirk plastered on his face.

Oh if only murder was legal.