A Letter to Romeo

Flirtationship

 

 

Hey! I know what our relationship is! Flirtationship! lol.

 

Donghae struggled as he tried not to laugh as soon as he read the text, he was currently in a meeting, it was nearly over, people were getting up so he sneaked out his phone and kept a casual expression on his face, but that text was not helping in keeping a neutral face.

So he excused himself and with quick steps walked out of the office and out on a small balcony, just in time to splutter in laughter as he pressed ‘Call

Hyukjae attended the call as if he had been sitting right there, waiting

“What the Hyukjae, flirtationship?!” Donghae scrunched his face into a teasing smile while he tried not to laugh too loud

“It’s great right?! Why, you don’t like it?” Hyukjae’s excited-turning-disappointed voice made him chuckle more.

“Um, I don’t know Hyukjae. Is that even a relationship?” he said jokingly, though when it came to what Hyukjae was to him, he would prefer to talk of it seriously and not simply joke about it.

“Oh just Google it man, but in short it’s in a way accurate for us.”

“I see.” Donghae bit his lip, knowing he was smiling like an idiot as he bit his lip, he didn’t want to say anything about whatever relationship they had, so he decided to cut it short

 “Listen Hyuk, I’ll call you later”-

“You always say that but you just go to bed, but it’s okay since I love you”

Donghae honestly wished Hyukjae could stop using the “L” word so casually. “Uh yeah, I’m sorry it’s just”-

“I get it you idiot, what’s wrong with you today? I’m just kidding but hehe yeah, goggle it later on, I’ll be waking you up tomorrow morning as usual than okay~, take care~ I miss you.”

“Miss you too” Donghae replied earnestly, wiggling a his shoulder a bit as he shoves his free hand into his pocket “Bye hyuk”

“Nope! I don’t do that word remember, so yeah I’m hanging up now”

Donghae snorted as Hyukjae instantly hung up, and shaking his head he began to walk back to his office, keen to find out about his new ‘relationship’  perhaps it could be a way to become more.

 

 

 

Five minutes later his eyes were wide and glued to the laptop screen, shoulders shaking in silent laughter, crocked smile in place and fist pressed against his lips as he practically giggled

He was reading over an explanation of “Flirtationship” he had gawked as he found out that it was actually a real thing and that Hyukjae’s crazy mind had not come up with this. Well, honestly, some things did apply to the ‘relationship’ Donghae and Hyukjae had. On a whim Donghae opened his Facebook in a new tab and instantly typed in his status and tagged Hyukjae:

Lee Hyukjae is an idiot

It had been a few seconds and the notification ‘ding’ sounded, Donghae snorted as he saw Hyukjae had “Liked” his status and soon Hyukjae’s response appeared

An Idiot you love, I take it you like our new relationship? ;D

You’re just indirectly trying to call me a greater idiot, because if I love an idiot that makes me a greater idiot. :p

Woops you caught me.

Kyuhyun’s comment appeared all of a sudden, causing Donghae to palm his smiling face with a grunt

Oh just get a room already.

 

 

Donghae in a deep breath, shaking his head as Hyukjae’s insistent reply of ‘shut up Kyu’ showed up and then they went at it, bantering back and forth on Donghae’s status. He grinned as he forced himself to close all the tabs, trying to get his mind back to work but he ended up spotting a ’20 signs a guy is totally into you’ and donghae was on it, biting his lip now and then, occasionally gasping because well

Yikes, he could totally relate to some of the points stated in the article himself and he could totally relate them to Hyukjae too.

“Ugh Hyukjae, what are you doing to me!” he groaned, having let his face drop onto the keyboard, consequently whimpering in pain. Jungsu’s words echoed in his mind, the other day they had a long talk about it and Jungsu had called him stupid about delaying the talk.

Just speak about it, hide nothing, his response is his own, Say it, no delays.”

He knew they needed to actually seriously talk about this, rather than just joke around, it was time.

That night when Donghae casually checked Facebook in bed, he blinked at how his notifications were filled with Hyukjae liking his posts and pictures and videos he had shared, it was all Hyukjae. From the odlest picture to the latest.

Hyukjae everywhere.

A sleepy grin spread out onto his lips as he let his eyes flutter close.

--

 

Donghae had overslept!

He had jumped out of bed hastily, worriedly glaring at the clock that read 8:50AM, cursing he darted in to the washroom. Exactly ten minutes later he was out and dressed, grabbing his phone he ran out after locking the door and drove off while frantically calling a certain brat. As soon as his call was attended he started

“Hyukjae! You didn’t wake me up now I’m super late!”

Silence and then a small laugh

“ Oh hey donghae, I was sleeping…”Donghae frowned, Hyukjae didn’t sound Hyukjae-ish at all.

“Yah, you okay? Are you sick? You don’t sound like yourself at all.”

Another little laugh “ So how do I usually sound?”

Donghae was beginning to get worried “You’re always cheerful and witty and happy and bright-“

“I was actually trying out something Kyu suggested, apparently it works,” Donghae narrowed his eyes at the mischievous tone, he heard shuffling and then Hyukjae continued “ How the absence of a person makes the other feel the need of their presence.”

Donghae groaned, smiling nevertheless “ You idiot, you had me worried and oh goodness please don’t listen to Kyuhyun, look how he made you make me get late for work.”

“Sorry~” Donghae could hear the smile in Hyukjae’s voice “ He does not know you’re this dependent on me, thought he already says we should be dating by now.” Hyukjae chuckled.

“Listen Hyuk I’ve already reached the office and I do need to talk to you about something seriously so let’s talk soon?” Donghae nibbled on his lower lip, turning the car smoothly into the parking lot.

“Mhm, for sure, someone caught your eye?”

“You can say that” Donghae answered mysteriously, grinning as he heard the hum from the other side “Bye hyuk.”

Hyukjae wordlessly ended the call and flopped back on his pillow. Expressions serious as he blinked at the wall.

Donghae was interested in someone? The very thought made Hyukjae scowl, he didn’t like that idea at all and he could feel it in his gut.

 

 

Meanwhile Donghae was relieved to walk into his workplace only to find how his boss was ill and could not make it, furthermore the boss had allotted him a week’s leave for all his hard work and Donghae knew exactly what he was going to do with all the free time.

He drove back home, took out a cream colored A-4 sheet and began writing, eyes smiling and tongue poking out of between his lips as he vigorously wrote and wrote, he could feel a certai namount of thrill and warmth course through him as he let it all out, what Hyukjae had meant to him, what Hyukjae had grown to mean to him and how things were now. Things were complicated with their current "Flirtationship". Perhaps this was the kind of help he needed.

 

He chuckled at the thought, he had never imagined he would be doing this but here he was writing a letter to ‘The Secretaries of Remeo and Juliet’.