Push and Pull

Flirtationship

A/n: This is an early update, updated on the same day as Chap 2 because I might not be able to update on Sunday, might! Enjoy~ ^^

 

 

 

The Bachelor party was hours away and Donghae was everywhere, calling up to check whether all those who need to be invited were invited and the place was bustling with activity. A nearby lakeside hut was chosen as the venue for the party which, to donghae’s relief and happiness went very smoothly. Tiffany had fussed over him being the only guy not ready for the big party and even insisted Donghae put on some eye liner to highlights his ‘amazing chocolate brown’ eyes. Donghae had been in a hurry and had dressed in a rush but the minute he got there he could feel eyes on him.

One pair of eyes ofcourse belonged to Hyukjae who had been keeping several people busy by setting the dance floor on fire. Donghae and he had gotten party lights and disco balls arranged, the arrangement was classy yet modern, and with Hyukjae’s dancing the place was soon filled with hoots and laughter. Jungsoo had arrived and been blown out of his mind. He could not count the number of times Jungsoo had flung himself onto him squealing about Donghae being the best and gushing nonstop about how much he loved the whole thing. Donghae had with Jungsoos’s approval decided on the theme of rockstars so currently, the place was filled with smocking hot men.

Not even Hyukjae’s face dampened the mood, and then there was also this lingering feeling inside that Donghae probably needed to thank Hyukjae on getting the wedding decorations done all by himself and that too according to how donghae had discussed he wanted it to be. Donghae couldn’t figure just why would Hyukjae lie like this, or was this some psychological torture Hyukjae was trying to target Donghae with?

He shook his head, trying to rid of these thoughts and yelped as Jungsoo pulled him in on the little stage which had disco balls hovering over it. Jungsoo went crazy, bringing out every dance move he knew and Donghae, feeling pumped, went for it, by the end they were a hysterically laughing mess. Feeling too warm in his sleek black leather jacket he moved to take it off, which  sure got a hell lot of approving hoots from all around so he just decided against it and kept it on. Soon Jungsoo was telling him to make room and Hyukjae appeared, now that he managed a closer look, Donghae saw how Hyukjae’s sharp brown eyes were lined with black kohl as well, the guy’s hair was set tousled and the combination of red and black of his outfits had him looking like a real rockstar.

Hyukjae stepped up, a bit too close for Donghae’s liking and grinned “You look amazing, as always!” he added with a shrug and before Donghae could repond a new song started, the bass boomed and guitar screeched, Jungoo grabbed hold of both of them and pulled them to dance along.

For donghae that dance was the most awkward of all because Hyukjae was dancing just by his side and totally going at, from shuffling to rolling his hips, quick side steps and nodding of his head, Donghae soon began to feel a little challenge because oh boy did Donghae know how to dance. So he let loose and brought out his own moves, the two didn’t really realize how soon the other dancers stopped dancing to watch them and by the end of the song it was only these two, dancing it off with the crowd cheering their names.

The song ended and Hyukjae spun around to flash a thousand megawatt smile his way as he breathlessly complimented Donghae, Donghae responded with a little mutter of ‘thanks’ as he walked off, heading to the refreshments table for a glass water. He turned to see how Hyukjae stayed and actually began to dance again

Donghae knew the kind of man that Hyukjae was, flirting anywhere and everywhere, having his fun and then discarding the person right after. That’s the person Hyukjae was in donghae’s eyes and that night Donghae swore nothing could change his opinions about Hyukjae: a selfish person playing around with feelings that are impossible to fix. Donghae would know, he had been a victim of such flirtations, it had of course not ended well for Donghae and perhaps that’s when he began to feel that love was truly, a myth. Donghae had always had that romantic side to him, yet he had felt with regret that he needed to shut that side off, love was nothing more than hormones or chance, a chance Donghae never really took and began to call it rationality.

As Donghae unknowingly continued to observe Hyukjae’s antics( draping himself onto people, from one guy to another as he danced rather seductively)throughout the party, he realized that it was due to Hyukjae’s kind of people that love had become  a myth, a fairy tail, something that Donghae always longed for, yet never got.

 Donghae found himself watching, observing Hyukjae. Hyukjae was back on the dance floor, this time pulling Jungsoo along and while Jungsoo was matching Hyukjae’s moves, Hyukjae was easily the highlight and the center of attention, the slow sway of the hips and nodding of his head as his arms moved smoothly, gracefully and donghae had to admit: he was an amazing dancer

“He’s good, right?”

Donghae only hummed in affirmation to the unfamiliar voice, though only after a few seconds Donghae was peering over his shoulder

“Hello, donghae-hyung, the name’s Kyuhyun, earlier in the party Hyukjae pointed you out so” the smug looking guy smiled a bit as he bowed a little, donghae nodded, a smile lingering on his face.

“So you’re here with Hyukjae.”

“Yes, cousins actually.” Was all Kyuhyun said and donghae nodded. Soon Kyuhyun excused himself and joined Hyukjae on the dance floor.

The party ended, Jungsoo was all smiles and gratitude, constantly complimenting his two truly bestmen who lived up to their title. Hyukjae had continually denied all the credit saying it was all donghae while Donghae had hardly managed to hold his questions back, the time was not right, of course he needed to know why was Hyukjae portraying as if everything was being done by Donghae, just what was heaiming for? Well that had to wait.

--

The Wedding day had arrived , miraculously Hyukjae was actually trying to help Jungsoo calm down, Jungsoo was a ball of nerves and Donghae was also with him every second.

“Hyung you look amazing! And ofcourse everything will go smoothly, honeymoon reservations already done, you’re very welcome but the pleasure is all mine!” Hyukjae asserted

“You look mind-blowing hyung , I don’t know if we need to hire security guards for you, in case any of the other ladies try umping you!” Donghae continued, Jungsoo just huffed, trying to not smile but smiled anyway and crushed the two in a tight hug.

“Thanks you two, I know that you two are not on the best terms and are  still willing to work together for me and  I wish I could sit you two down and talk it out but-“ he pulled back with a helpless scowl “I’m kinda busy preparing to get married”

Hyukjae actually laughed, poking Jungsoo’s cheek “Oh stop, silly, Donghae-ssi has not tried poisoning me or pushing me off of a roof yet so don’t you worry.”

Donghae cracked a foxy smile as he kept his gaze fixed on Jungsoo, not liking how his shoulders were brushing against Hyukjae’s “Not yet hyung, but I sure do hope you don’t mind loosing this guy, death is unpredictable you know.”

“Donghae-ssi, how nice of you to bring up the topic of death on his wedding day.”

“Hyukjae-ssi, kindly get the off”

“Hey! Kids!” Jungsoo scowled, displeased and the two instantly muttered apologies only to yelp when Jungsoo excitedly ruffled both of their hair.

“Hyung not the hair! Damnit!!” the two hollered while Jungsoo checked his appearance in the mirror for the 100th time.

--

The wedding ceremony had gone by amazingly well. Donghae had stood a step behind Jungsoo all the while, while Hyukjae had sweetly rejected Jungsoo’s offer of standing beside Donghae

“Donghae-ssi is the primary man; I’m just second to him so I’ll stand behind him”

Donghae had raised a brow but not said anything.

Jungsoo just could not help but bounce on the balls of his feet as he stood at the altar, Donghae constantly sniggered behind him, occasionally pressing a reassuring hand over his shoulder. Donghae occasionally heard chuckles from behind him- Hyukjae of course- but he didn’t bother trying to keep him company. The bride-Sora- finally began to walk up the altar and Jungsoo’s little bouncing was nearly out of control. Donghae had to lean in and warn Jungsoo to not just jump sora there and then.

He had gotten a quick hiss as response.

Donghae heard Hyukjae guffaw a bit and Donghae’s own shoulders were shaking in silenced laughter. The two watched in silence, with happy smiles, as the groom and bride said their vows, when the kiss happened Donghae’s and Hyukjae’s hoots were the loudest.

 

By the time it was time for the two bestmen to give their speech, Donghae had taken a deep breath and instantly walked up to the middle of a small white marble stage. A few whistles sounded as he came to stop; smiling a little he bowed and fixed his eyes on Jungsoo as he began to narrate some of their cherished memories.

“ Oh and Sora-noona, he’s a lazy , I’m sorry I should have warned you earlier” Donghae pouted a bit causing sora to laugh into her hands while Jungsoo shot him a playful glare. Donghae made a face at him as he continued, dropping the jokes as his tone grew serious “Lastly, hyung, you know how I always say love is a myth right?” he saw Jungsoo grin and nod “Well seeing you and Sora-noona- or well, sister-in-law like this, I fell love is a legend, it exists, it’s mighty, it’s just not in everyone fate and those who do find it are very lucky, just lie the two of you, I’ll stop here. Since oddly enough, we have a secondary bestman here too.” He made a funny face that had the audience giggling as he walked over to Hyukjae, sweetly offering him the mic. The smile Hyukjae flashed him was so wide and bright that Donghae could not help but feel Hyukjae was up to something. Again.

Donghae watched and listened intently as Hyukjae began, similar to Donghae, Hyukjae shared some golden moments. Though when he heard his own name being mentioned donghae’s ear tips twitched.

“Oh and may I just take this moment to wish donghae-ssi Happy Birthday in advance, it’s a few hours away but still.” Hyukjae had turned his head to look straight at donghae fondly, who had- in awkward politeness- bowed a little as the whole audience laughed, a few shouts of “We expect two cakes then!!” were heard, causing more laughter. All the while donghae watched Hyukjae closely, who continued to smile that secretive smile that Donghae hated so much!

--

“Now please behave okay! I love you, call me!” Jungsoo had advised donghae over and over before he had Sora had left instantly for the airport at nightfall. Several of the guests departed for their own homes, while relatives and close friends travelled back to Jungsoo’s uncle’s mansion. Donghae had been so worn out he could not even recall how he had gotten to his bedroom because when he woke up the next morning he was still in the clothes from last night. Shifting in bed sleepily he turned to his side, eyes barely focusing on a red box on the side table. At first his mind didn’t register anything

But then he wondered just how the red box looked like one of those boxes that had cake in them.

He began to feel more awake and shuffled closer to the table, reaching over he shifted the boxa little and a small note fell off. Frowning he blinked at the note.

 

Happy birthday Donghae-ssi!!!! The primary bestman!

Hoping your day is filled with joy and fun and that we can get along better, along with you not trying to poison me or push me off of a cliff. Then again, your glares are hot enough to kill.

P.s: Your smiles however are way more hot and cute, So please smile more.

Pps: I hope you love chocolate !! ^^

With the warmest regards and best wishes,

Lee Hyukjae, the one second to you and your number one fan!!!

Donghae glared at the note for a bit, his ear tips were once again going oddly warm. Chocolate orbs flickered up to the box, his tongue urgently poked out to at his lips in anticipating as he begrudgingly flicked the note aside and pulled himself up to swiftly take the box in his hands and open the lid.

“…” he muttered as his eyes roamed over the creamy brown surface of the fudge topping, he drooled and quickly brushed it away as he gazed at the cake. It was irresistible, he felt a little helpless. But it was from that conceited brat! If Donghae ate it Hyukjae’s already inflated ego would just grow larger!

“But it’s just cake” he muttered to himself again, scrunching his brows sadly at the cake.

Or well he could just eat it all up here, since the size was rather small, and then claim he threw it away.

With a determined nod he decided, as he began to eat away.