Howl

Animal Kingdom

Key POV

I walked up to Jonghyun and wrapped my arms around his neck, pressed my body close to him and whimpered in his ear,

"Please, Jjong...leave him alone. He won't do anything and most importantly he's not my boyfriend. He's like my brother. My married brother."

I felt Jonghyun's body relax and eventually melt. His arms slid around my waist and pulled me closer. A sigh escaped his lips and I could feel his hands rubbing circles onto my lower back. And suddenly he ripped himself away from me and was standing in front of me with the most surprised face. His face became pink and he was scratching his neck, stuttering words out,

"G-Good. I-I don't know wh-why I was acting like th-that anyways. G-Guess it was just in-instinct...h-haha..."  

Is...is he okay? I could feel the atmosphere relaxing and the air became smoother to breathe. But I kept getting this...I don't know...vibe from Jonghyun and Minho. It was a very familiar vibe and I don't know where I recognized it from.

"Prince Jonghyun, I think it's time I you back to your chambers." Minho suddenly became proper after a howl being heard from a distance, "I believe their Majesties are in search for you."

"R-Right....well, goodbye. Hope to see you again, Taemin, Onew, Key." He nodded at each of us as our names were said. 

"Adios." Onew replied.

"Bye bye, hyungs~!" Taemin smiled and waved.

"Goodbye." Why am I upset? I felt a little empty and cold.

"Come on Onew hyung! Let's go home and eat some kimchi with banana milk!" Taemin pulled onto Onew arms and I started following behind.

Why did he let go so suddenly? He was obviously enjoying it! Do I stink? Does he really have to go somewhere? What if he meeting someone else? What if he has a mate back at the palace?! No, no. That can't be! What if...what if he doesn't like me?

For some reason that last thought made a pang of pain jolt through my heart. 

"Key~Umma! Key~Umma!!" Taemin called me.

"What? What is it, baby?"

"We're home!" I looked up and realized we were, in fact, back at our cave. Our cave isn't something special. It was big enough to roam around when we were human and to have a small pond of water in it being filled by a small waterfall from a vein from the river.

Of course you'd be stupid to fall into our cave in the first place. Taemin and I can bite. Onew, not so much.

"So what do you want for dinner again?" Onew asked and grabbed some organic banana milk in a ceramic bowl from the cold corner of our cave. 

"Kimchi!!!" Taemin turned back into a fox and lapped the milk out of the bowl from where Onew placed it on the floor.

"Heesh, Taeminnie, your gonna get sick of eating it one of these days," I warned.

He growled lightly, " Am not!"

I went over to him and his back while he continued drinking. Small purrs escaping his. "Purrs?" you ask. Well our breed of fox is a mixture between a cat and a fox. It was a long time when humans decided to mix those breeds together, like about 2014? It's 6807 right now, so it was quite some time ago. There are still cities here, but they are mostly abandoned. Everyone lives in the forest and over time, humans turned into animal breeds. So we're all half human, half animal. There are still animals existing, but no full humans.

"Kibum-ah..." Onew had his back towards me breaking apart the lettuce for the kimchi.

"Ne?" He called me by my real name, this has to be something serious.

"You know my husband, Joon, right?" He put his hands on the counter and looked down.

"Ne...wasn't he another brown hare like you?"

"Yes..." He turned and his smile on his face can only mean one thing.

"Wait! Wait! Is he coming back from the Animal Army?!"

"Yes!! A messanger came to me and said he has finally done his 2 years of serving! He'll be arriving tomorrow!" His clapped his hands like an excited girl waiting for a date.

"I'm so happy for you hyung!" Taemin was back into human form putting the bowl next to some other dirty bowls, plates and cups. He ran behind Onew and tackled him in a hug!

"Uncle Joonie's gonna come home! Yay!!" Taemin laughed and so did Onew, at the boy's childish ways. Suddenely you could hear running around the top of the cave. Mutliple legs and howling were heard. One long, deep, howl was heard and Taeminnie's ears instantly pirked up and his tail wagged around.

"Taemin....who-"

"Minho-hyung!!!" Taemin squealed like a little girl as the tall, dark wolf plopped down into our home. Dozens of wolfs were still on top of the cave, surrounding us.

"Taeminnie, it's so good to see you." He smiled and nuzzled Taemin's neck a bit, while Taemin was giggling like a little girl and blushing hard-core and that weird, familiar vibe came again.

"Y-Yah, that's enough snuggling!" 

"Umma!" Taemin whined and Minho just chuckled and headed towards me.

"Key, we're here to you to the royal palace." He bowed own, lightly and I blushed.

"Minho, why are you bowing to me, get up!!" I could feel my face flush. I've been doing to much blushing lately.

"His Highness requests proper behaviour and ettiquette around you." Minho looked at Taemin and Onew, "They're invited as well."

"Invited? Why are we going to the castle for?"

"To eat dinner with the royal family." Minho started to walk up to the pile of boulders that takes you up to the top of the cave.

"Bwoh?!"

"Yay!!! Umma! We get to eat fancy people food!" Taemin ran up behind Minho, "Right, Minho-hyung?"

"Of course, Taeminnie, it's a buffet styled meal today." Minho smiled and nudged Taemin before him and said, "Come along, Onew, you're invited as well."

"Ahh, oh yeah." Onew smiled sheepishly and waking from his food day dream, "Will there be chicken?"

"There will be everything." Mihno reassured him.

"............"

"Umma?" Taemin jumped back into our cave as I stayed frozen, "You coming?"

"Huh? Oh, ne. Of course."

"Well, come on, come on!" Taemin nudged me towards the exit of our cave.

 

Jonghyun POV

I'm so nervous. So death-defying nervous. Key is going to laugh in your face. Key will never accept you as a mate. Key will hate you.

Those negative thoughts were the only thing making me more and more determined to face Key and tell him he's my destined one. Howling could be heard, announcing the arrival of an important guests. 

"He's here...

The sound of claws and paw hitting the floor was around the corner and I trotted to the throne room where my parents were waiting.

"Son, are they here already?" My father, a wolf of deep brown, asked.

"Yes, the trip was quite short, I assume." I replied back.

"Dear, sit up strait and turn back into human form and put your toga on!" My mother, who was really a man, but he was like my mother, ordered from his thrown on the other side of my father. There was a deep blue toga hanging on the edge of my thrown along with a silver crown. I barely finished putting the crown on top of my head when appearing throw the large double doors, was Minho and Key, Taemin, and Onew along with him. They walked towards the thrones and Minho bowed,

"Your Majesties, the guests have arrived, and the feast shall begin shortly." 

"Rise, Minho. And please, calm it with the formalities around us. You're like our second son." My mom said to him.

"Umma..." 

"Hush, dear. Kim Kibum, Lee Taemin and Lee Jinki..." he began, "We welcome you to our palace. And thank you for accepting our invitation to our feast, as a celebration to our son, who has found his mate."

I saw Key tense up and his shoulders sag slightly.

"Umma..."

"Hush, dear..." He scolded me again. Aish!

"As my Queen was saying, thank you for accepting the invite. Lee Taemin and Kim Kibum will be waiting in one room and Lee Jinki, I think there is someone waiting for you in another room, I pressume." My father's voice echoed through out the throne room, "Minho will you to the dining hall when the feast is ready to be served."

"Yes, your majesty." Minho bowed and left, escorting Key, Onew, and Taemin.

"It was the platinum blonde one, wasn't it?" My mother asked. 

"Yes, Umma...but how did you know it was him?" I smiled in anticipation of a good answer.

"Well, he reminds me of...well...me! And you always had good taste like your father." He smiled coyly.

"Heechul, dear, don't be so frisky in front of our son..." My father said as my mom sat on his lap.

"Oh shut up, Hangeng, you know you still want me."

"Aish! I'm going to Minho's dorm!" I ran out before I could puke out from watching their royal make out session.

"Minho~ah! Minhoooooooooo! Yah! Where are you, you stupid frog!" Hmm, if I were Choi Minho, where would I be? Hmmmmm....Taemin's and Key's dorm!

I already knew what rooms everyone was staying in, including our current guests. I walked up to Taemin's dorm and heard some very...very interesting noises.

"Ahh-ahh! Minhooo!"

"Oh, God...Taemin~ah..."

 

 

(A/N: I updated so late..... ;_; I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you, guys! Please forgive me! Tiny, possible ...kkukukukukukuku! Just wait until the next chappie, you guys! Well hope you enjoy! Leave a comment and subrscribe! Bye my lovelies! Panda, out!)