Territory

Animal Kingdom

Jonghyun POV

Sniff, sniff...sniiiiiiiiff. I smell them again! What the hell, didn't I already warn them about intruding into my terriotry? Was my warning howl not loud enough for these idiots to hear?! 

"Grrrrrrr...." Out of my turf, dammit! I can still smell them! Where are they!? Stupid tall grass! (A/N: Short people probs~!) I heard something that sounded like a screech/bark. And the message was heard loud and clear:  off.

I spotted something and hunched down, "Someone is going to be my lunch tonight..." and then I leapt through the grass where I was hiding from, "RAAWWRF!" Before I could see the face of the animal I was attacking, I was being pinned down. I opened my eyes to see a white fur. It was so bright and oddly clean and well kept. My eyes creeped a little more up to see the face of a fox. A white fox. With really, really, hipnotic, brown, cat-like eyes. His ears seemed to be pierced, like mine, and he looked at me strangly. 

"Why is it that everytime I head to look for food out in the forest, I'm being attacked?" (A/N: Yes, the animals do talk!) He asked at no one in particular while still on top of me, holding my chest down with his fore-paws. 

"You stupid, overgrown dog. You almost got my fur dirty! I would have slit your throat right there if that happened!" I was still staring at him, wondering where the hell did he come from.

"Umma, I don't think he talks..." Another voice said. I turned my head to the left and saw a red fox laying on all fours. His tail swishing behind him and his blue eyes scanning my face, "I think maybe we should look somewhere else for some food."

"No, Taemin. We're part of this kingdom as well as he. Just because our families are long time rivals, doesn't mean we can't hunt and eat on the same ground." That comment me snap back into reality.

"Actually that's exactly what it means." I tried to get up put he pushed me back down again.

"Down dumb dog. I'm not finished with you yet! You seriously think, just because we're from different families!! Great, another to believe the lies of nature!" He was practically yelling and then I felt the pressure of his paws shift on my chest. That's an opening. Go! I rolled to the right and the white fox fell in place where I was laying down. As he tried to get up I pushed his chest with my paws to have him laying on his back.

"Who are you calling '', little kitty?" Did he just blush?

"Yah! Don't call me a kitty! I'm a fox, pabo!" Hmm, I like playing with this one, he seems like the jail bait back when I was human.

"I can see that," I pointed out while biting his ear lightly, "Unless these ears say anything different." I looked at his friend who's mouth seemed to be in an "o" shape.

"What?" I asked him confused as the other fox looked down at my prey. I looked to wer his eyes were pointing to see the white fox with a dark pink hue color where his cheeks would be. The white fox got out of my grip and pushed himself up.

"D-Don't bite me!" He walked backwards a few steps as I lightly jogged to him and I stopped when he tripped and landed on his tail with a yelp.

"Don't...do not go anywhere near me!" I saw the red fox run to the white fox's aid and helped him up, nudging his snout to his side.

"Come on, Key~hyung. Let's go somewhere else. We'll have better luck finding mice in the field a couple of miles from up here." The red one stated. So his name is Key? They started to trot away and I called to the white fox, "Key!"

"You're not aloud to call me 'Key'! I don't even know you!" I heard him yell back. Aww, well that . I really wanted to play with that white fox some more.

Taemin's POV

"Umma..." 

"Yes, Taeminnie?" Key asked while we continued trotting to the field. 

"....You okay?"

"....Not really...." We stopped while he sniffed around for landmarks, ignoring my eye contact.

"I can't believe he bit your sensitive spot."

"Aish! Stupid puppy!! Got me all hot and bothered! Because of that one little bite! I mean I shouldn't even feel hot and bothered! He's a WOLF!" He was jumping to continuosly slam his two front paws on the ground out of frustration.

"But, Umma...didn't you always say it didn't matter how we react with the other species as long as it's a good reaction?" I pouted and he gave me a look of guilt.

"Yes, sweetie. It's just that the stupid dog we just met gave off a weird vibe and we should stay away from that one." He trotted closer to me and a small spot of dirt off my red coat, "Umma knows who's okay to talk to and who's not. Alright, Tae baby?"

I sighed, "Yes, Umma." We continued trotting towards the familiar path that headed towards the large feild, well known for the plentiful mice living there. The line of trees stopped in front of us and a vast feild of wild flowers, tall grass and sunshine was in front of us.

"Wow! Umma! Look at this place! It's like fox heaven!" I giggled and ran towards a small boulder surrounded by blue, yellow and light purple wildflowers. I sniffed the air and leaped off my two front paws in excitement, "I can smell the mice! There are so many! And...sniff...some are HUGE!"  Key stopped and sniffed the air and wrinkled his nose.

"Taeminnie...I don't think some of those are mice...something smells like....like...."

"AWOOOOOOOOOOOO!" The howling came from the heart of the field and more howls, but less stronger than the first one, were heard.

"Aish! , Tae baby! We ran into wolf territory again!!" Key hissed and his ears fell flat against his head while his tail went between his legs. He was backing up slowly and that was a new sight for me, even after knowing Key for so long.

"Key? What is it?" I asked worried and I heard something running towards us.

"It's him again! But he's not-" a bunch of wolves leaped out of the grass into the edge of the clearing. There were at least 15 of them in different colors shapes and sizes, "...alone..."

"Yah, Jonghyun! Wasn't this the white fox that you were talking about?" I turned to see the owner of the voice and I immediatly regretted it because the moment my eyes locked with those chocolate orbs, a tsunami of shivers rattled my body from the inside, out. He looked like the alpha male of the group. Tall, built and dark, chestnut fur.

"Oh yeah! So that's who I smelled. Nice seeing you again, Kitty." Jonghyun trotted next to the chestnut haired wolf.

"Key, this is Minho. My best friend and right hand man." Jonghyun pointed his muzzle towards Minho and Mihno bowed his head and lightly greeted, "Hello." Then Minho turned to look at me, "And who's this?"

"Oh, him? I never caught his name...I think that's Key's son..." Jonghyun sat on his back paws and cocked his head, brown, furry ears sticking up.

"His son? Minho's forehead furrowed

"No, I'm Key's best friend, Taemin. I just call Key my Umma because he acts like one and babys me a lot." I explained myself, all the while keeping my head down and not making eye contact. "Hello, Taemin. I'm Minho." I didn't notice that he trotted towards me and nudged me with his muzzle on the side of my neck to make me look at him. 

"You know it's impolite while not making eye contact while being introduced?" Minho flashed his canines at me in a doggy looking smile.

"S-Sorry."

"Yah! Leave my baby alone!" I heard Key and he tried to push Minho away from me, "Just because you're the alpha of this pack doesn't mean you can force my Taeminnie to look at you! He's still a baby!" Minho looked confused and I saw something in his head clicked.

"Me? Alpha? No, no, no! I'm not the alpha!" He chuckled.

"Then who is?" Me and Key asked, simotaneously .

"Jonghyun, of course!" Mihno smiled again and Jonghyun looked away sheepishly pawing at the ground breaking eye contact with everyone.

"Wait a minute! Are you saying that this mutt is the alpha of this pack?" Key passed by Jonghyun's face and swished his tail slapped Jonghyun's nose causing him to yelp in surprise.

"More like the alpha of the biggest pack ever known." Minho laughed at Key's surprise.

"And that's only what? 15 of you?" Key scoffed and sat beside me, swishing his tail in questioning.

"9,000 wolves..." Jonghyun whispered.

"Bwoh!?"

"You're the leader of 9,000 wolves?!" Key screeched.

"And counting." He added on.

"That's crazy...that means you're the...NO!" Key was mentally freaking out pacing back and forth.

"What Umma? What are you talking about?"

"Taeminnie! This stupid puppy is the top dog in this state! He's the leader here!!"

"So he's the boss of the forest, basically?"

Jonghyun smiled a cocky grin and Mihno chuckled and replied, "The one and only...Young Prince of the Forest."

Omo....

 

(A/N: FIRST CHAPPIE DONE!! Whoot, whoot! Alright you guys! This story is a modern fantasy twist! Hopefully you guys like this chapter! I worked hard on the concept and a couple of comments and subbies would make up for my dead-brain feel right now! Alright! Comment and subscribe!  No comments=No updates~! Hope you guys enjoy!!! :) Panda, out!)