s a m e y e t d i f f e r e n t .

same, different.

Chanyeol went home with a heavy heart. He opened the door to his shared apartment with Sulli.

“Channie?” he heard Sulli calling for him.

“oh, Ssul. Hey,” he smiled weakly, taking off his coat and plopped down on the velvet couch.

“You look down.. Do you.. by chance.. just meet, Kai?” She asked carefully. Sulli is fully aware  that CHanyeol did love her, it’s her that doesn’t love him back.

Chanyeol nodded solemnly, refusing to meet eyes with Sulli.

“Channie.. Tell me, what happened? Did he hurt you or—“

“Do you even care If I was hurt?” Chanyeol snapped.

Sulli clamps her palms on , shocked on Chanyeol’s sudden outburst. The channel has always been either calm or bright, he never get restless or worried like this.

“Oh, sorry, just.. Sorry. Why am I so stupid? Ugh,” Chanyeol grunted, lamenting more over his pathetic self.

“It’s okay, something must’ve been bothering you too bad that you turned this way, Channie,” Sulli said softly, rubbing small circles in his broad back to calm him down.

“Ssul, I won’t force you or anything, and I gave you the freedom to choose..” Chanyeol gulped, he reached his arms forward and cupped her cheeks,

“But please, we only have a month. I want you to try loving me, for who I am. I’m begging you for a chance right now. I only need a sincere month from you. At the end… If after a month has passed, and you still can’t get rid Jongin out of your mind… I’ll let you go back to him,” Chanyeol breathed out, closing his eyes, and rested his forehead against hers.

“Channie… Uljima,” Sulli closed her eyes as well, leaning forward into his touch.

“Please, I only need a month. We’ve lived months pretending we’re in love, but I know you never meant them. It’s just fanservice. But I want you to know that I mean them,” Chanyeol nodded, a tear escaped his eyes.

“Channie,” Sulli gulped, “I’ll try. I’ll try,” she smiled.

And for the first time that day, Chanyeol smiled sincerely.

___

Today is the day Chanyeol has been dreading the most. Choosing day. It sounds scary like that, it felt like a second Hunger Games or Divergent. This is the end of the month, and Jongin will come. Jongin never said that he will come, but Chanyeol texted him anyway, and spam him with messages, to come and meet up.

He buttoned his shirt recklessly, missing some buttons. Sulli peeked from the door frame. She chuckled silently at Chanyeol’s antics. The channel has been incredibly sweet and fluffy the past month, and Sulli wonders why. She was about to knock the door when Chanyeol popped out.

“Oh, hey, Ssul, um, let’s go…” He grinned nervously. “Where are we going?” Sulli asked. “Somewhere. Special,” Chanyeol shrugged, interlacing their fingers as they take a serene walk. They had put on shades and hats to avoid fans coming. They’re top actor and actress, okay?

Sulli’s stomach flops when she stares at the place before her. Geumsan Park. She felt Chanyeol’s hand lingering around her waist, lacing his fingers with hers.

“Channie.. Is is he going to..” “Yeah. I know. But please..” Chanyeol squeezes her hand. Sulli sighed, she knew it. There will be one day when she will meet him again for sure.

Chanyeol kiss the crown of her head, calming her, when a familiar figure arrived. It’s Jongin. He has been looking more….more dazzling in the past month. His skin is still bronze and gleaming, his hair dark mahogany and tousled into a style only he could work with well. “Hi,” he smiled. Sulli’s heart faltered seeing him.

“Why…why are you here?” Sulli stuttered. “Didn’t Chanyeol tell you?” Kai asked casually—deep inside he’s hurting actually. “What? Chanyeol?” She turned to him.

Chanyeol sighed and take some steps back, so Sulli was in the middle in between him and Kai. “I… Well, remember a month ago? I told you I will give you the freedom to choose..”

“Chanyeol? I told you I don’t want to choose anything!”

Chanyeol sighed. “You have to. I don’t want to pressure you by loving me or something like that. I can go to our agency and break the whole contract and agreement, and you can continue your rela—“

“Channie..” Sulli looked at him with pleading eyes. She can’t just choose one. Both of them are the men she truly loves.

Kai was someone so important to her in the past.

Chanyeol was someone she began to love sincerely.

She can’t just choose.

She turned her heels and looked at Kai. Without realizing she took a small step towards him.

She heard Chanyeol sighing behind her. He smiled weakly at her. “It’s okay. Don’t hesitate. Having you loving me for real for a month was the most amazing thing I’ve ever had. I have no regrets, I swear,” Chanyeol grinned nervously, rubbing his nape.

“Channie..”

“Well, you’ve gotta choose, Ssul,” Kai shrugged.

“No, no, no need to. We all knew she chose you. It’s you from the start. I was just a fragment in her life. You don’t have to worry, Jongin-sshi. I’ll.. I’ll just go,” Chanyeol bowed his head, spun on his heel, and walk away softly.

Sulli stared at the scene in front of her. She stared at Jongin in disbelief. “Kai…?”

“Well, I know you’ve loved him. Go,” Kai shrugged.

“What?”

“Go. I left you once. He never did.”

Sulli sighed. This…is confusing.

________

Chanyeol wiped the tears that flowed from his eyes. It hurts.

Before he could shed another tear, he felt something behind him. He stared at his waist and he saw two arms wrapping it tightly. He turned his head, seeing Sulli burying her face in his back.

“Don’t ask. Don’t make me choose. Don’t leave,” She muttered.

Chanyeol lets out a grateful sigh and turned around and embraced her softly.

“Thank you,” He mumbled against her hair.

 

Nothing was the same anymore. Everyhting has changed. Kai left. Chanyeol never did.

In the same place, and in the same time. But with a different person. But Sulli felt happy.

She is once again loved. And in love.

 


 

wow so proud. 1031 words. gunna cry. this is the end. i am sad. this is my favorite story so far. kailli ftw! but chanlli rules. because i think chanyeol deserves it. but i am a kailli shipper now. this is the end.

this story started around october or november. in my laptop. sitting peacefully and patiently waiting to be published. the poster : gateun dareun, means same different which was the original title. the hangeul under it, gateun gonggan, gateun shigan, dareun saram, which means same place same time different person. some of you might find it similar to Jin's Gone, but no. This story was created months ago, with weird plots, and nameless characters (the characters used to be and oc with kai and sehun. but i changed ma mind gulls). so... no plagiarizing. and the prompt was yes, taeil's where are you. some of you might not find it in the story. but taeil's where are u is a bout a guys regretting his choice of leaving his lover. which is sort of like kai.

and again reminding my indo subbies and friends and readers, do come to @kpopers_family massive gathering march 9th @Teater Bulungan, Jakarta, 11-16.00! ticket.. january 8 (today) is the last day to order the presale. 100k for the gold ticket (including free beanie, and snacks, and goodies of either exo, snsd, suju, shinee, infinite, or bigbang). 50k for the silver (free poster and snacks. goodies too but only small numbers of them. not sure.)

and I JOIN THE DANCE COVER CONTEST! woohoot. gonna do covers of something with exo and vixx on it. i'm not the admin of kfam but i helped spread the word. so do come. and check out my group's dance. and do fanchants. EHEHEHEH. check Cola Crew on youtube. we did 2 covers before. but we those times. we improved. i swear.

this story is an amazing journey for me because i found kailli and chanlli and all their glory. thanks for staying as a upvoters (i love you guys so much), subscribers (i love you guys so mch), commenter (i love you guys so much), even silent readers, i love you. thanks for understanding my shameless promotion above.

i love you guyyys.

be my friend here.

manhi manhi sarang from nae gaseum,

leaderblankkymp.

 

bye!