x.

same, different.

“Baekhyun hyung. Who is that girl?” Jongin asks, looking at his friend, eyes sparkling with curiousity.

“Do you really want to know the truth?” Baekhyun sighed.

He nods.

“Do you bring the letters with you?” Baekhyun asked, patting the empty space beside him, motioning the younger male to scoot closer.

“I brought the box along with me actually. But I only have two with me right now. One letter, was the first letter. And the other was the last one. I haven’t finished reading it since that mad woman came,” Jongin fished out a crumpled paper from his pocket, sulking.

“So.. that mad woman.. She’s not crazy. She’s Sulli. The girl in the letter.”

“Uh uh. I know.”

“And the handsome actor..”

“That’s Chanyeol or Chunyeol  or Chenyeol or whoever is it?”

“That’s Chanyeol. And the beau..”

“It’s Kai isn’t it? Why does Sulli kept calling me Kai? I’m Jongin! Do I look like that Kai guy, hyung?” Jongin persisted.

“Because you’re Kai, Jongin! Sheesh!” Baekhyun tears his hair out of frustration.

“What do you mean by I’m Kai? Maybe I looked like that kai guy! But my name is Kim Jongin!” Jongin yelled impatiently.

“Jongin.. You were a victim of a hit and run…” Baekhyun puts a hand in his shoulder.

“I know. And so?” Jongin cocked his head in confusion.

“You lost your memory.”

“I don’t. I remember you. You’re Byun Baekhyun. You’re my best friend.I’m Kim Jongin. Not some Kai guy,” Jongin shrugged.

“It’s a long-term memory lost. It’s called retrograde something. Don’t ask what is it, I’m not some doctor here,” Baekhyun paused to take a breath and continued his speech,

“You lost your past memories. Your brain erased most of your memories. You remember the happy parts. But your brain shuts down the sad parts. That’s why you can’t remember it. It’s not your choice. Your brain did it automatically to help you recuperate. It erased the bad memories so you won’t be troubled when you wake up. At least that’s what the hospital said to me,” Baekhyun said, sighing after talking for too long.

“I don’t understand,” Jongin covers his face with his palms, sighing.

“Read the remaining letter. I’ll get going,” Baekhyun pats his back and left.

Jongin grunted and read the letter silently.

 

12/30/2012

23.44.

The attic.

Cold.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 

Dear, Sulli.

It’s nearing the end of the year again.

Christmas alone. Birthday alone. New Year alone.

It pained me so so much.

But I can’t show up now.

Because you’re already happy with someone else. I can’t interfere with your life anymore.

I guess I’ll stop writing letters.

I give you guys my blessing.

I’m sorry I made you cry before..

I’m sorry I left you.

I’m sorry I’m selfish.

I’m sorry I’m bad.

I’m sorry.

I think I’ll live my life regretting.

This is it.

Please be happy.

Go get married in the future with him.

Play more movies and dramas.

Kiss,

Hug,

And Love.

Do things you never do with me.

I can’t let you go even if I die.

But I have to. Our memories were beautiful. And now it’s time for us to create new memories. On our own.

I was a coward to never send my letters to you.

I don’t even know whether you will read these in the future or not.

I hope we can meet up.

In the same place and time as we first met.

This is it.

Good bye, lovely.

Infinitely yours,

Your beau, Kim Jongin, or as how you like to address me, Kai

 

Jongin lost his control and his temper. and his tears spilled. He’s Kai. Jongin is Kai.

Memories by memories came to him one by one.

It rushed into him slowly, painfully, and it's as if they were mocking him and his stupidity.

It all hit him square in the chest.

The place and time where they first met.

The time when he confessed to her.

Their first kiss.

Their last kiss.

Their break up.

 

He dragged himself to Baekhyun’s room.

“Hyung..”

Baekhyun turned his head and fixed his attention on Jongin, abandoning the clothes he’s currently folding.

“Ye—Holy ! Jongin! Why are you crying?” The latter run to him and embraced him.

“Can I meet Sulli?”

“What? You.. You’ve read it?” Baekhyun asked.

“Uh uh.. And why did the letter stop, hyung? Is it because my.. my..”

“Yes. You were involved in the accident the next day. Look, Jongin, I.. I’m so sorry to hear this,” Baekhyun hugged his dongsaeng.

“Can I meet her, hyung?” Kai mumbled softly.

“Eh? You know… tomorrow..”

“I knew. I remember. Our first time meeting.”

“You sure?”

He nodded.

“Okay. Tomorrow.”

 

Sulli limped to the quiet park. This is where she first met him.

She sat down, hugging her knees, crying. Life is hard.

She missed him. So much.

He left.

Because of their different social status.

She’s an actress. He’s a waiter.

Life’s cruel.

But never did once she forgets him.

He's always etched on her mind, on her heart.

With a sigh, she continued crying.


 
{Author's Note}
Ayo wassuuuup. chapter 10 here. it's about 880 words or something.hi. this story dragged on longer than i expected owo
sorryyy.
don't get bored on me, kay?
btw do you guys know any review shop who reveiwed stories ninja-ly, like finished it in a day. i know it's crazy but the contest deadline is on january 8.buff.
 
anyways, team kailli? team chanlli? team indytao ftw!!
 
love,
leaderblankkymp. or indy. or hyera(my korean name). or tao's wifeu.whatever you want to call me what. mwach!

tumblr_m6yw66hj0T1ruj1zjo2_r2_500.gif

 

Layout Credit: Growl