iv. Maybe I do know you.

When It Was Snowing

Suzy is cheking her faculty notice board. She always checks it every week, in order to see the upcoming concerts or recitals posters. She likes to see classical concerts, orchestra, or her sunbae's recitals.

" For the upcoming concerts, there are...." She hummed.

A piano recital by one of the alumni, a musical, an orchestra concert conducted by a well-known talented young conductor...

Suzy fixed her eyes on the orchestra poster. There's a slight smile in her lips. She had already admired the conductor after she watched his conductings in the TV. He has perfect pitch and amusing hearing ability which make him easily find mistakes of any instruments, a sturdy conducting figure but full of dynamic, and also his outstanding sense of musicality. And the most surprising thing is, he's young. She had never seen his performances because he always performs overseas, and that was a great opportunity for her to see her role-model.

"So, you want to see a performance, huh?"

Suzy turned her head.

"Oh, hi Kai. You're here again?"

Kai smiled and looked at the posters in the board.

"I saw you seeing the orchestra poster. Do you want to see it?"

"Yes!" she replied excitedly with a big smile. "I really admire the conductor and finally I get to see him! I'm so happy!"

Kai slightly stunned at her smile and finally he smiled in his own.

"Oh, so you like the conductor... What do you like about him?"

Kai was actually curious about it.

 "Everything," she said. "I don't know where to begin to say it, but I really his conducting. You know, he's like an idol for me"

Kai was quiet for a time and said, "Oh, I see. But he's not that perfect, you know. Maybe you should lower your expectation if you see him in person," he grins.

"Sorry, I gotta go. I must see my professor. See you later!" he looked at his watch and suddenly ran without giving a chance for Suzy to say anything.

She was confused, and then smiled at his back.

"What a weird guy," she says.


 



 

Kai stopped running and turned back, make sure that Suzy wasn't able to see him, and made a call.

"Hyung, you come tomorrow, right?"

"Alright, 7pm. Oh, hyung, tomorrow I'll bring a girl. Is that okay?"

"No, she's not my girlfriend, hyung. See you tomorrow, then"

He put back his phone, and walked back to his home.


 



 

Suzy had just finished her practice in the faculty's practice room. She was about to leave the faculty but she heard a guitar sound faintly. She usually was the latest to leave the faculty but there was other people practicing this late. She was curious who the person was. She walked back to the faculty's corridor and searched for the sound's origin. The song seemed like it was self-composed, with a beautiful melody and tone with a classical vibe.

Suzy stood in front of the practice room. Through the glass door, she saw a young man playing the guitar faced back the door, so she couldn't see the young man's face. Suzy felt that she knew the young man was, just looking at his back side, and strangely, she felt that she knew his musical style although her mind said that she never heard that man playing guitar before.

The young man ended his song perfectly, and began to pack his guitar. He wore his coat and his red scarf, and turned to face the door and surprised to see Suzy in front of him.

So did Suzy. The young man turned out to be Myungsoo, and she saw her red scarf again.

"What are you doing here?" Myungsoo asked. He walked out from the room. He was surprised to see that girl again.

"That's what I was going to ask. I practiced here. Are you this faculty's student?" Suzy asked.

Suzy never remembered to see that guy in her faculty.

Myungsoo walked in the corridor, and Suzy automatically followed him.

"Actually I'm a practical music student. Is it illegal for other faculty to come and practice in the classical practice room?" he mumbled.

"The song that you played before is a classical one," she said. "That was a nice one. You must be talented."

"Not really," he said.

Myungsoo saw Suzy's piano books in her hand and asked, "So, you're a classical piano major?"

"Yeah. By the way, what year are you now? I think I should know to decide what to call you," Suzy was curious about his age, because he called her oppa by Hyung.

"I'm in my fourth year now," he says.

"Oh, he's 2 years older than me," she thought.

"You're my sunbae, then," Suzy said.

"Sunbae? We're not even in the same faculty." he chuckled. "Do you usually call a medical student as your sunbae then?"

"We're both studying in music. So you are sunbae." she said.

Suzy was actually confused to decide what to call him, because in she never wanted to call someone as 'Oppa' except that special person.

"All right, just do what you want to do then," he smiled.

They walked together to go out from the college. Suzy stared at his face. He's nice when he smiles. No, actually his face was exactly her type.

"By the way, Sunbae," Suzy cracked the silentness between them. "When did the last time you meet Oppa?"

"10 years ago," he answered shortly.

"Do you know what's oppa's name? Because I don't remember it."

"Of course I know," he answered.

"What's his name then?"

They stopped at the college's gate, and it was dark, as usual. There's only several lamps, and it was snowing.

"I go this way. How about you?" he walked towards the left of the faculty.

"Hey, I asked what is Oppa's name!" she was impatient, because she was curious about her Oppa's name.

Myungsoo turned his back, looked at her, and was about to answer, then he saw that the snow mound in the tree above Suzy was about to fall down.

"Hey! Quickly move from there!" He shouted.

Suzy was confused and didn't understand what he said.

He realized that she didn't understand what he said and quickly ran to her, and protect her by hugging her right when the snow fall down. The mound of snow landed on his back.

Suzy stunned in his hug. She could feel his breath. She could smell his scent. She could feel his big hands hugging her. She could feel warmth, and suddenly there's a pang of her memory in her head. She was sure that she has already felt this same feeling before.

Maybe she did know him from a long time ago she couldn't remember.


 


if i was born again, it would still be you.