iii a. Nocturne.

When It Was Snowing

“Hyung, when will you come to Korea again?”

“Next week, Kai. Next Tuesday. You will pick me up, right?”

“Okay, Hyung. I will call you later”

Kai put his phone in his pocket and walked through the conservatory corridor carrying his sketch books. He likes being there even though he’s not a music student. He can hear a lot of classical songs. After he finished all of his classes, he went to music faculty. He likes classical songs, but he has decided to become an architecture major student, following his father who is a famous architect.

That night, he could barely see that no one was there until he heard a faint piano sound from a practice room. Chopin's Nocturne in E Flat Major, Opus 9 no. 2.

With a light step, he walked towards the practice room. And then he saw a long haired girl playing the piano with immersing mood.

Kai stood in front of the practice room’s door and enjoyed the music.

The way she played the music was different.

Rather than notes or techniques, she played music with her heart, with all of her feelings.

The girl didn't notice Kai’s presence. Whether she was to immersed in playing piano, or Kai was too invisible to her.

Suddenly, Kai’s phone rang and when he was trying to answer the phone, all the sketch books in his hands fall.

The girl noticed the sound and stopped playing. She walked out the practiced room and helped Kai to tidy up his sketches room. Noticing that Kai is an architecture major, the girl said with smile in her face, “Your sketches are really pretty. I think you will be able to build amazing buildings”

Kai flustered and finally encourage himself to ask that girl’s name.

Her name is Suzy, a classical music student.

 


Nocturne (from the French which meant nocturnal, from Latin nocturnus) is usually a musical composition that is inspired by, or evocative of, the night.