Chapter 1 (Part 2); After Two Years (It's a Wonderful Life)

Diary of a Boy

Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Tao were in Kyungsoo's parents' minivan, driving to Chanyeol's house to pick up him and Baekhyun. He said that Baekhyun was going to spend the night there but when Luhan came up with the idea to have a slumber party, Chanyeol jumped at the opportunity to have even more friends over. But before they get Kyungsoo's things from home, Kyungsoo wanted to take his friends somewhere special, somewhere his two Chinese friends haven't been able to go to since they returned to their hometowns.

Kyungsoo had the idea of taking all four of his friends to an old restaurant they used to go to called 'A Wonderful Life'. Wonderful (as they liked to call it) was a western style restaurant with foods from all over America and Europe. From foods like pizza and spaghetti to foods with Mexican names and spicy peppers. The restaurant is filled with incense and lovely hippy floral graffiti.

"Gege?" A small voice came from the seat behind him.

"Yeah?" Kyungsoo was already smiling; he liked how cute his best friends were.

"Where are we going, now?"

"Well, we were initially heading toward my house to pick up my uniform and toothbrush. But now, I've decided to take you four somewhere. You know, as a welcome back party!"

"Aw... Gege, you're so nice but... Where exactly is this somewhere you are taking us?"

Kyungsoo wanted to tell him - being the gossip type -, but that would ruin the surprise. "It's a secret~!"

Tao would have persisted if he  hadn't known any better; that Kyungsoo doesn't ruin secrets that he made up himself.

Kyungsoo has his good sides; he's giving; he has an amazing voice; it's only in his nature to help people; the list could go on. But Kyungsoo also has his bad sides. Like the one nobody can argue with. The one that gets super mean, super fast. And that side comes out when you argue with the nice Kyungsoo. So you don't. That being  said, Tao is fine with waiting; even though he rarely is.

So Tao just sits back and sighs a bored sigh. Luhan notices this from the passenger seat in the front.

"Here, didi. I can tell you're bored." Luhan handed the panda boy his tablet.

"Thanks.." Tao turned the tablet on but was met with a lock screen, so he faced the screen toward Luhan, "Gege?"

Luhan, not looking back, said, "It's Have Heart."

"Have heart..... Oh. It worked," and in a singsong voice, he added, "Thank you~."

The two boys in front chuckled at the cuteness of their dongsaeng and in unison, said, "So cute~."

Zitao just blushed.

Furiously.

 


 

Chanyeol s his arms around Baekhyun's waist and nibbled on his ear, "Baekkie~ When are we going to tell them? We've been sneaking around Kyungsoo for almost a year now, and Luhan and Tao are here, too. If we are going to keep this up, that means we'll have to lie to them too.... I feel guilty."

Baekhyun just sighed. He felt bad as well but even if they were to reveal their secret to their friends, how would they break it?

Hey guys, we're gay and we've been lying to you about it for a whole ing year.

No. He just didn't know what to do.

"I don't have a clue, it's so ing complicating!"

 


 

"Alright, we're here." Kyungsoo shouted over the loud voices singing Die Young by Kesha.

"LET'S MAKE THE MOST OF THE NIGHT LI-"

"LET'S MAKE A BOAST OF THE NIGHT LIKE WE'RE GONNA DIE YOUNG~!"

While Luhan kept on screaming the chorus over again, Tao stopped, "Luhan... LUHAN!" When Luhan stopped and Tao finally had his attention, he continued, "You got the lyrics wrong, gege..."

"What? no. I am the ing lyrics MASTER."

When Kyungsoo heard this, he cringed, "LANGUAGE!"

Luhan blatantly ignored the young Christian boy, knowing he couldn't stand the words, "Zitao, what the do you think the lyrics are? Not that I care, I know I'm right."

"Gege.... It's 'make the most of the night', not 'make a boast'..." Zitao tried to be as calm as possible because he knew that, the same as Kyungsoo, Luhan was a ticking time bomb when he got mad.

"Don't tell me I'm wrong! I know the ing lyrics, Tao!" 

Tao was honestly getting a little scared. But, no reaction, no reaction.. he internally chanted, "I'm sorry, gege, I'm not trying to tell you that you're wrong. I just mean to say that you might have been mistaken."

"I'm not, now get out of the damn car and find Baekhyun and Chanyeol."

Sigh..."Yes, gege." At that, Tao got out of the car and crossed the grass in between the minivan and the front door of Chanyeol's house to find the two situated inside.

But he did not know what he was about to walk into.

No clue.

 


 

"Channie~ Stop, I think I heard the front door~...."

"No way they could've gotten here that fast," Chanyeol honestly didn't hear anything.

About ten minutes ago, Baekhyun was frustrated.

Not anymore, if you know what I mean.

About 8 minutes ago, Chanyeol had Baekhyun pinned against his dresser.

Now, against Baekhyun's morals (they were supposed to be packing for the slumber party), he's is underneath his secret boyfriend on the bed with Chanyeol's hand down his pants and lips nipping at his neck.

"Chanyeol, we need to get ready~!"

"I'm not even close to being done, Baby..."

"No... We need to stop!" Baekhyun shoved his -as- boyfriend off of him, "They could be here already."

"I know but-"

"But what?! I'm sorry but we have to get ready..."

Chanyeol did not care; he was so hard. So he continued. Resuming their previous position, he said, "Baekhyun, don't be sorry. I am, and should be.... Because I'm not stopping."

Baekhyun, for the second time that day, sighed and lay back down to submiss.

 


 

Zitao walked through the kitchen, not yet finding the pair.

Chanyeol~

Thud.

Zitao looked up. He heard something... At least he thought he did.

He walked back toward the way from which he came, up the stairs, past two doors, stopping at the third, and waited; listening for any indication that the boys were in there.

He heard a groan, and then a particularly muffled whine.

He didn't know what it meant, but one thing he did know; Chanyeol and Baekhyun were in that room. That's all that registered in his mind.

Find Baekhyun and Chanyeol, that's all he could think of.

So he opened the door, not waiting long enough to think of what to expect. And he really should've.

"-aekhyun~ Ah... Faster.... Like that.... Just like that..."

What Zitao saw was something that he'd never thought he'd see; his favorite gege off his best friend.

"G-Gege!"

Oops.

Zitao innerly cursed himself for alerting the pair of his presence.

"Zitao!" Baekhyun was mortified. Imagine, your best dongsaeng finding you giving a to your best friend. no, that's not fun.

Chanyeol was speechless, he just covered his and squished his eyes together like he was in a bad dream. Only this time, it was just a really bad day.

"Um..... I'll go d-downstairs.... Get ready... I pissed Luhan off so we have to go soon." Tao added the last part after looking to the ground. He shut the door hastily and ran downstairs, almost falling and tumbling down two flights of stairs, through the front door, to the minivan, and to the safety of his seat; where he, in silence, was in tears of confusion.

Luhan and Kyungsoo just watched, not saying a word because they knew he shouldn't be spoken to in this state; he was the sensitive type. A few minutes later, Baekhyun and Chanyeol walked out with their bags and piled them into the trunk, then circled around to the right side door (Zitao was on the left).

"Hey," Luhan started, whispering only for the couple to hear, "What happened?"

But the two only looked at each other, then looked away.

Well.... This is awkward.

Kyungsoo started the car and the drove as the car was enveloped potent silence.

 


 

As the five arrived at the restaurant, Tao had cheered up a little when the radio started blasting all of the bad thoughts in his mind away and forcing new, happier thoughts.

Then he got in another argument with Luhan and the swearing started again.

Once they got through the front door, Tao stopped short.

"Oh... I knew I'd seen this place before! I can't believe this place is still here!"

Kyungsoo laughed, "It's only been two years,Taozi."

"I know but it was here before I was even born; It's been here for a really long time!" Tao walked past the mat at the entrance and to a table in a daze, "Not a thing has changed.... Not even the colors of incense! They're all the same..."

Kyungsoo and the rest walked up to the table and sat down. Save for Luhan who tapped the youngest - Tao - on the shoulder, "Taozi, you wanna come to the bathroom with me real quick? I have some questions to ask you..."

Tao didn't really want to, but he knew it wasn't a question, so he tagged along when Luhan turned around without waiting for an answer and walked in the direction of the men's bathroom.

GThe rest of the table was left with mixed emotions; Kyungsoo was curious and confused as to what happened at Chanyeol's house

When Luhan stopped walking, Tao looked up, not noticing that they already reached the bathroom.

"Sweetheart," Luhan started, grabbing Tao's right hand into the two of his, "What happened at Chanyeol's house? I noticed you looked distraught when you came outside. Is there something you need to tell me?"

"No, gege. There isn't. But something did happen, and I'm sorry, but I can't say what. I think it's a secret..." Zitao was being honest and he hoped that Luhan wouldn't get too offended.

Luhan didn't. He just looked at his didi and said what someone once told him; "It's alright, I understand that you don't want to tell me. But if somebody were to get hurt by this secret, you would tell me, right?" He heard this from a person he doesn't quite remember, the person that took his love life and burnt it straight to hell.

Tao didn't know this, nor had he ever met this person, so he continued and merely answered the question, "Don't worry, gege. This secret is slightly childish, so it wouldn't hurt a grasshopper in a field."

"Alright, didi."

"Thank you. I'm sorry if this is a touchy subject, I just wanted to make sure nobody was hurting." Luhan smiled.

Zitao smiled along with him, but for a different reason; Luhan sure is being an adult about this. I'm happy. This is the exact reason why he's my favorite gege.

 


 

While the two were in the bathroom, the other put in their orders as well as Luhan and Tao's.

Everybody knew how much Luhan and Tao liked the spaghetti so they ordered it for both of them.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol shared a large house salad, Kyungsoo was getting his beloved gyro, and everybody was happy.

But after they left, Chanyeol mentioned something he could've mentioned before it was already almost an hour away from Baekhyun's house, "Hey Kyungsoo? I forgot my toothbrush at Baekhyun's house the other day."

Kyungsoo was, to put it lightly, pissed, "WHAT?! WE JUST PASSED HIS HOUSE AN HOUR AGO!" His house was really far from the school, but the busses ran really far.

"P-Please? I can't not brush my teeth after eating... You know... After your teeth deteriorate, they don't grow ba-"

Luhan cut in, "NO ING WAY, Keep going Kyungsoo" Luhan and Kyungsoo bumped fists.

Chanyeol kept his anger bottled up and mentally vented, The ing devil twins...

 

 

A/N Sorry guys, this is really ed up writing... I have writers block and so the last half is y. You see, the reason why nothing happened is because it was supposed to be way longer; like the ones I like to read. SO when I stopped short and realized I wasn't getting anything done, I found only one reasonable explanation; mothering writer's block. I'm sorry guys~! But I will keep writing, I have plans for LOTS of events for future chapters so I am going the right way ;) I hope you guys like this part 2 I made, though~....PS please comment~